• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets agree to trade Revis Island to Buccs for multiple picks...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow..... man the Bucs are going to have a lot tied up in that secondary. With Goldson and Revis.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets got away with one... TB shouldn't have included this years first... not knowing the whole deal, but I feel they gave up too much.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow it looks like they'll be the new Redskins. Don't like that model of operation.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
LOL @ the Buccs. They traded the 13th pick??? They have no idea what they're doing. These are the kinds of reasons why they're mediocre.

Oh, and they didn't exactly get him on the cheap:

The Bucs "apparently are willing to pay Revis about $15 million per year," according to the report.

Good for the Jets; now they have 2 picks in the top 15.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is an alright move for the Bucs if Revis is healthy and ready to play at a high level this season. I will take proven NFL talent over a rookie any day of the week. The only question mark is his health.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the Bucs are going to have a 100 million dollar secondary. Hope they win their division.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow! Revis past physical and the Jets get 1st this year and 4th (could turn to 3rd) next year. But that is not what is crazy. The crazy part is that the Bucs and Revis have agreed on a 6 year 96 million dollar contract with $0 guaranteed!!!!

I repeat no guaranteed money!!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bucs now have LCB Revis, RCB Eric Wright, FS Goldson, SS Mark Barron.

Best secondary in the NFL??????

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I saw that and it blows my mind. Want to see the rest of the details.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Holy cow! Revis past physical and the Jets get 1st this year and 4th (could turn to 3rd) next year. But that is not what is crazy. The crazy part is that the Bucs and Revis have agreed on a 6 year 96 million dollar contract with $0 guaranteed!!!!

That's still a terrible deal for the Buccs IMO. Sure they can cut ties with the investment at any time, but is that worth.... say... Sheldon Richardson or Chance Warmack for 5 years? Plus they have to give up a 4th or 3rd next year. I was torn as to whether or not it would have been worth giving up the 31st pick in order to sign him to a massive deal, and I decided it wasn't. The buccs essentially paid the 11th or 12th pick in terms of value.

He's gonna get 16 friggn' million dollars a year, and the only benefit they got is that they can abort without any dead money.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no possibility that this could have ended any better for the Bucs. None whatsoever. I am Very Very Very Happy!!!

Also kinda ends all that prima donna crap. He wants the Money he is going to have play and earn it.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets got away with one... TB shouldn't have included this years first... not knowing the whole deal, but I feel they gave up too much.

Agreed.... Revis is selfish and I think he will pull a Shaun Alexander and it is all downhill from here. In 5 years we will probably be like "you remember that great corner the Jets had...?"

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no possibility that this could have ended any better for the Bucs. None whatsoever. I am Very Very Very Happy!!!

Also kinda ends all that prima donna crap. He wants the Money he is going to have play and earn it.

Yeah, but Guaranteed vs. Pay for Performance are two different things. I am sure he has outs in his contract... the guarantees can come on the back end as well. He will get paid... trust me... his advisors aren't that stupid.

I hope I am wrong about him for the Bucs sake... I would love to see them compete again.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's still a terrible deal for the Buccs IMO. Sure they can cut ties with the investment at any time, but is that worth.... say... Sheldon Richardson or Chance Warmack for 5 years? Plus they have to give up a 4th or 3rd next year. I was torn as to whether or not it would have been worth giving up the 31st pick in order to sign him to a massive deal, and I decided it wasn't. The buccs essentially paid the 11th or 12th pick in terms of value.

He's gonna get 16 friggn' million dollars a year, and the only benefit they got is that they can abort without any dead money.

I completely disagree. Great deal for these guys. You have no financial obligations to the best CB (depending on health) in football. I would take the best CB in the NFL or one of the best (depending on health) over any draft pick. I'll take proven NFL success over a college prospect's potential anyday of the week. Espectially if we are talking interior linemen who don't have near the value of QB, OT, CB, DE, WR, etc.

He isn't going to get 16 million dollars a year, you know no one ever gets the full amount of these contracts. If he plays at his past level he will get that much but this is doubtful.

IMO great deal for the Bucs.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. They got possibly the best player in the NFL (when healthy) at their greatest position of need and gave up a first rounder (which is certainly not a guarantee to become great) and then sign this player for $0 guaranteed. Just crazy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'll take proven NFL success over a college prospect's potential anyday of the week.

If we're takling 1 year I agree. For 5 years? I'll take the 13th pick plus the 11-13 million a year in cap space over a guy who will be 28, 29, 30, 31 & 32 respectively.

He isn't going to get 16 million dollars a year, you know no one ever gets the full amount of these contracts.

Did it say how much he's going to get in the first 2 years? First 3 years? Usually, players don't get that much money because their deals are backloaded. If the deal is backloaded, that just means he won't be around for the length of the deal anyway. So are they reall only getting Revis for 2-3 years?

Also, by that rationale, you would've traded ANY draft pick for Revis including a top 5 because those guys are "unproven."

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the Bucs given up on Josh Freeman? Can they pay him Revis, Goldson, Jackson, & Nicks plus their younger players?