• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets agree to trade Revis Island to Buccs for multiple picks...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just happy he didn't go to the 49ers.

EDIT: Holy shit 6 years $96m???? I bet Richard Sherman is licking his chops...

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the owner has screwed the Jets this year. Rex Ryan is a lame duck coach and everybody knows that GMs want to hire their guy. Maybe it will work out, but most times this situation is a complete disaster.

Now without Revis, it is my belief that the new GM wants to build the Jets his way, not Ryan's way... so if the players start to believe that and realize that Ryan is just a fired coach walking, it could easily turn into a 2-14 season.

Agree i do think the Jets will be bad and Rex is gone..I really like what the GM is doing it was not easy for him to move Revis and get a # 1 coming off a serious injury.

Hope the rebuild goes well and the Jets should be in good shape with the salary cap after this coming season..

mike hunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just happy he didn't go to the 49ers.

EDIT: Holy shit 6 years $96m???? I bet Richard Sherman is licking his chops...

Sherman is probably to busy running his mouth to be licking his chops.

Revis said he was going to get paid and he did, good for him

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that a seattle fan?

didnt know there were any in sports SportsHoopla lol....

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still his rookie deal right? That should be up this year or next? (I'm asking because I'm not sure) If those assumptions are correct you have one of the lowest paid starting QBs in the NFL coming up on a contract year. He will want double that easy. So lets say he has a probowl year this year and want 5 years 80 million can the Bucs afford to keep him?

On the flip side lets say he doesn't play very well and you cut ties is your team good enough to win with a "game manager" ala the 49ers circa 2011?

Uh, Josh Freeman was the 10th highest paid QB last year.
NFL Salaries: Top 10 Salaries for Quarterbacks | SportsCity.com
Obviously Brees and Big Ben got paid. Flacco makes more now. Freeman is up to 8. I wish I could find up to date figures but Freeman is not one of the lowest paid QBs.

At most he gets 12 mil a year. At the very most. I am think around 9 Mil which would be a 1 mil increase from this year.

Edit - Yes, to your last question. We have a great OLine, 2 legit WRs and a good RB. I think if Freeman asks for too much we go another way. I also think most QBs would love to come down here with this offense. I think Freeman resigns for about 9 Mil a year.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Josh Freeman was the 10th highest paid QB last year.
NFL Salaries: Top 10 Salaries for Quarterbacks | SportsCity.com
Obviously Brees and Big Ben got paid. Flacco makes more now. Freeman is up to 8. I wish I could find up to date figures but Freeman is not one of the lowest paid QBs.

At most he gets 12 mil a year. At the very most. I am think around 9 Mil which would be a 1 mil increase from this year.

Edit - Yes, to your last question. We have a great OLine, 2 legit WRs and a good RB. I think if Freeman asks for too much we go another way. I also think most QBs would love to come down here with this offense. I think Freeman resigns for about 9 Mil a year.

Both Kolb and Cassel got more than that I believe. He'll get more than 10 mill, I was thiking more like the 12 million area. 6 years 72 - 80 million.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it right now
The Jets will be trading their 2 1st round picks to move up and grab Matt Barkley. They figure this type of move for USC QB's it bound to work at some point.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice pickup b the Bucs. The addition of Revis, along with Goldson, now gives them a big upgrade in the secondary and makes them an immediate contender for that division's title.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it right now
The Jets will be trading their 2 1st round picks to move up and grab Matt Barkley. They figure this type of move for USC QB's it bound to work at some point.

I know you're only kidding but I think Barkley will be a second-round pick at best.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very nice pickup b the Bucs. The addition of Revis, along with Goldson, now gives them a big upgrade in the secondary and makes them an immediate contender for that division's title.

looks good on paper......paper

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're only kidding but I think Barkley will be a second-round pick at best.

I agree but...
After watching Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder all go inside the top 15 2 years ago I don't think it's stretch to see Barkley going way before we all think he should. The same goes for E.J. Manuel. I think they are both 2nd rounders at best, but I can see both going inside the 1st round to teams that desperately need a QB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money matters: Cutting through the hype - NFC West Blog

As a fan, I don't really care what money goes into a player's pocket. I only care about the cap number because that affects what other players a team can sign. We all know how big contracts, like Flacco's, etc. can limit what other players are resigned or gotten through free agency, etc. But if I am a fan and my team signs a guy to a certain amount and that prevents my team from getting players to make the team successful, that would piss me off that we were limited to a dollar amount that the player didn't even get. I'd want them to write the contract for what he will get and for that amount to be as low as possible.

I understand that there are ways to structure these contracts to help the salary cap and that there's a certain amount (what I heard as a "likely to be earned" vs. otherwise), so that negates some of the harm. But for example, if I were a Packers fan, I'd rather that Favre be paid 100% of 75 million than 75% of 100 million. Same dollar amount, but that would be 25 million more to sign others.

Now, that's not realistic for several reasons - 1 - there was no guarantee Favre would get 75 million nor any guarantee that he wouldn't get more. 2. PR-wise, you want that dollar amount to look as big as you can if you are the player and you want the max as high as you can get it.

But, oh well.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is the biggest Lie being perpetrated by GMs in the NFL. I expect At Least 3 QBs to be drafted in the 1st round, just none in the Top 16. For one reason, 1st round picks have a 5 year contract rather than a 4 year contract. Therefore ANY team thinking about drafting a QB in the first 20 picks of the 2nd round Will trade up into the 1st to take that QB. The few dollars they lose is made up by that 5th year.

I also said no QB will be taken in the Top 16. But 5 Teams picking in the Top 16 need QBs this year. They are praying No QBs are taken. They want No QBs taken. With the ease of trading picks in the draft now, I expect 3 QB at the very least to be taken between picks 17-32.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think this is the biggest Lie being perpetrated by GMs in the NFL. I expect At Least 3 QBs to be drafted in the 1st round, just none in the Top 16. For one reason, 1st round picks have a 5 year contract rather than a 4 year contract. Therefore ANY team thinking about drafting a QB in the first 20 picks of the 2nd round Will trade up into the 1st to take that QB. The few dollars they lose is made up by that 5th year.

I also said no QB will be taken in the Top 16. But 5 Teams picking in the Top 16 need QBs this year. They are praying No QBs are taken. They want No QBs taken. With the ease of trading picks in the draft now, I expect 3 QB at the very least to be taken between picks 17-32.

That's why I want us to move up from 34 to the end of the first to gain that extra year on the cheap. like move 4th and early 6th to move from 34 to like29 or something.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's why I want us to move up from 34 to the end of the first to gain that extra year on the cheap. like move 4th and early 6th to move from 34 to like29 or something.

but wouldn't you likely get similar value at 34th, as 29th? not same, but very similar?

i'd rather take my chances trading that 4th and 6th into 2014. that extra 3rd rounder in 2014, seems tastier than the 5 year contract?

if no trade partner, go ahead and use that 4th, even if its for Lattimore.