• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaguars Expected to Sign Nick Foles

Does Signing Nick Foles Make the Jaguars a Playoff Team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles isnt the best talent ever or anything but he is clutch. If the Jags talent falls apart for whatever reason then Foles isnt good enough to lift them up but if the Jags talent is there then they could win a Super Bowl with him.

My opinion of the Jags right now...the DEF is getting a lot of production on the edge from a 32 y/o player, do they retain Ramsey?...I'm not sure they're really as good as their ranking from LY.

OFC...they will need more than Foles...those are not SB type weapons.

Better team with Foles...not sure about playoffs or certainly not SB in 2019.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of the Jags right now...the DEF is getting a lot of production on the edge from a 32 y/o player, do they retain Ramsey?...I'm not sure they're really as good as their ranking from LY.

OFC...they will need more than Foles...those are not SB type weapons.

Better team with Foles...not sure about playoffs or certainly not SB in 2019.
I think their defense should still be top 5 or so and they still have a top pick in this draft. I'm not a huge Marqise Lee fan but getting him back into the fold couldn't hurt.

Elephant in the room with any team with 'SB' expectations is Brady and Bellichick. Jags coaching staff is pretty mediocre imo, although their defense seems better suited to play the Pats than almost anyone.

Foles might be the 3rd best QB in that division next year, though. No guarantees.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia, then he will be seen as a God when he BBC saves the Eagles season. It's almost a foregone conclusion Wentz won't make it through the season.

Foles>Wentz will soon change to Bortles>Wentz.
You get your forums mixed up again :rolleyes2:

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their defense returns to form then they should make the playoffs. So many new coaches out there. The interesting part of this is there really is not going to be a bidding war for him, I wonder if he ends up with a top 3 salary for quarterbacks. Anyone else that wants him knows they cannot afford him, and in all honesty, he was pretty bad outside of Philly so I am not sure there is real trust anywhere.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get your forums mixed up again :rolleyes2:
Has to be the way I type on this damn phone. I think my phone is of British heritage, and thinks I'm talking about the British Broadcasting Company.

However when Bortles goes to the Eagles I'm sure they'll start calling him Bortles Big Cock.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very surprised the Giants and Redskins are not making runs at Foles. Happy, but surprised.

Jacksonville will need to upgrade their skill position guys and line around Foles. I think their talent level is pretty suspect on offense. But Foles should make then respectable, and if the defense bounces back, yes, they can contend.

Still, keep in mind the Colts and Texans are in their division, and the Colts in particular look headed strongly up after a killer draft last year.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their defense returns to form then they should make the playoffs. So many new coaches out there. The interesting part of this is there really is not going to be a bidding war for him, I wonder if he ends up with a top 3 salary for quarterbacks. Anyone else that wants him knows they cannot afford him, and in all honesty, he was pretty bad outside of Philly so I am not sure there is real trust anywhere.

Welcolme new guy!!

Are you from Chicago? Great city... one of my favorites!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their defense should still be top 5 or so and they still have a top pick in this draft. I'm not a huge Marqise Lee fan but getting him back into the fold couldn't hurt.

Elephant in the room with any team with 'SB' expectations is Brady and Bellichick. Jags coaching staff is pretty mediocre imo, although their defense seems better suited to play the Pats than almost anyone.

Foles might be the 3rd best QB in that division next year, though. No guarantees.

I think they would do well to stay at a top 5 level on DEF, but top 10 I would expect.

It's been talked about for quite some time so Foles to JAX makes sense for sure...jury still out for me as to what his impact will be this season.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, the Jags are winning the SB I guess

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a good signing for both sides.
If the Jags can play to the level they were 2 seasons ago he can make that offense go.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jaguars are going to see a lot of talent walk away on defense this offseason and they will need all the help they can get on offense. It's definitely an upgrade at quarterback and that's what they wanted.

I don't know if you can pencil them in the playoffs without seeing if the new core of the team is competent enough to earn the wins to get there. I think they're better off with Foles than without but I can't confidently say if they're a playoff team or not.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will probably flop, get cut in two years and re-sign as a backup in Philly, where he will step in for an injured Wentz week 12 and win another ring.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I see in Foles.
If the OC is a good OC Foles is a good QB.
He knows how to play within a system & should take care of the ball.

He isn't gonna adlib like Romo. he isnt gonna go all Dan Marino in any offense, but he will play as well as the game plan lets him.
Shitty OC game planning & I see him not look to inspiring.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be the way I type on this damn phone. I think my phone is of British heritage, and thinks I'm talking about the British Broadcasting Company.

However when Bortles goes to the Eagles I'm sure they'll start calling him Bortles Big Cock.
Sounds more like a bookmark issue.:lol: