• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its Offical Riviera 5 year deal

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt Young already get suspended for taking money? The highest he can go next year is #2 because Lawrence will be #1. What does he have to gain by coming back?

Exactly Trevor Lawrence will go #1 overall in the 2021 draft why risk injury staying

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State have 2 players already declaring for this years Draft Okudah and Dobbins

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All neccessary to changing the culture moving forward. I'm sure some coaches on the existing staff were under or over valued. Seems Del Rio will bring the right mix of coaches to accomplish defensive team goals. What a nice beginning to a new era of Redskins football.

HTTR!!!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt Young already get suspended for taking money? The highest he can go next year is #2 because Lawrence will be #1. What does he have to gain by coming back?
not being a redskin

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for a minute coach, imagine Young coming off the edge on one side and Sweat coming off the edge on the other. It's 3 & 15 (Down & distance we used to hate) and JDR is calling your defense. I think you will be extremely satisfied.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a chance at a championship would be one thing . perhaps he likes college

again when he declares then count on that but we could trade out

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we ALL are...

Twice in the Snyder era I felt optimistic. When Gibbs was hired and when Shanahan was hired. Gibbs got the team to the playoffs twice (10-6 and 9-7) but lost both times. Shanahan got them there once and lost. Gibbs record under Snyder is interesting when looking at Rivera's record in Carolina. 2 winning years out of 4 in the playoffs. Shanahan was one winning season out of 4 in the playoffs. Looking at Rivera he had 3 winning seasons out of 9.

Now with a little history of the Snyder era and Rivera's coaching history what exactly are you optimistic about. Would you be happy with one or two playoff seasons out of 5? Do you expect more than that from our new HC and if so why? Nothing in the Snyder era suggests more. What record are you expecting next year?

I am excited although I don't see Rivera as accomplished as Gibbs or Shanahan. In part because Allen is gone. Hopefully Snyder does not hire anyone comparable to Allen or Cerrato.

I do get a kick out of fans being happy about getting a mostly proven HC and suggesting what players should be brought in. Isn't that what we got the football guy for? :noidea: I know, I know … it is what fans do. I am excited to see how he fills out his coaching staff. Love that he brought Del Rio in. Excited for the off season to see what moves the new HC makes.

One thing that did happen under Allen was we didn't go FA crazy and I hope that does not start again with Bruce gone. I don't think the team did well in FA under Allen though either. I think we still need a GM that is a real football guy that will work WITH the HC.

A failure of the Gibbs era was he was given too much control over personnel. Never his strong suit. Shanahan was hampered by Allen. Lets not repeat either mistake.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs was a terrible GM. Bethard left because of that. Traded for Jason when we could have stood pat and gotten him anyway. Tied himself to Brunell because Brunell literally saved Gibbs' life when he started choking over dinner.

That being said he did get us a playoff win. Beat Tampa in Tampa because Sean Taylor was awesome, Chris Simms sucked, and Joe Gibbs can can coach.