• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Lamar Jackson smart to go into this season without a deal?

Is he smart to go into this season without a deal?

• Yes

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Fuck no

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Raven tater salad

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick was a better passer when he got older though :scratch:

People need to see Lamar outside of Roman's offense. He can play in pass heavy offenses (I will admit he could be more consistent when he has to be pass heavy). Nearly every receiver that's left the Ravens has said as much.

Hopefully once the RBs get healthy, they wont have to rely on him as much in the running game like last year.
Isn't it true that Greg Roman's passing concepts are predictable and lack creativity?

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it true that Greg Roman's passing concepts are predictable and lack creativity?

YES. Kurt Warner did a vid on the passing routes during their playoff game against the Titans (2021 season). The routes the receivers were running were awful scheme wise.

That's why receivers haven't been staying there over the years.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People need to see Lamar outside of Roman's offense. He can play in pass heavy offenses (I will admit he could be more consistent when he has to be pass heavy). Nearly every receiver that's left the Ravens has said as much.

Hopefully once the RBs get healthy, they wont have to rely on him as much in the running game like last year.

YES. Kurt Warner did a vid on the passing routes during their playoff game against the Titans (2021 season). The routes the receivers were running were awful scheme wise.

That's why receivers haven't been staying there over the years.

I don't think you can blame that all on scheme. The second play in particular seems like the receiver should've taken it in and instead goes out.

The third play seems like an obvious design to have Lamar roll that way.

Maybe the detractors are wrong....but i don't think Lamar can consistently make those kind of throws Kurt is talking about.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stats to chew on with no commentary from myself

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He really was.....Vick developed as a passer as did Cunningham.

Remember Cunningham when he went to the Vikes? 61% (at the time that was pretty good), career-high 34 TD's to just 8 picks, NFL best 106 PR. Ran the ball just 32 times that season showing he had evolved. At age 35.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember Cunningham when he went to the Vikes? 61% (at the time that was pretty good), career-high 34 TD's to just 8 picks, NFL best 106 PR. Ran the ball just 32 times that season showing he had evolved. At age 35.

Yep. Randall developed big time. He in 98 with Moss and Carter was awesome.

Point being Lamar will have those kind of legs probably through this next 5 year deal and then the decline will be steep. Time is undefeated.

Last edited:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that Jackson doesn't have a #1 at WR.

Hollywood was more of a #2 and their best receiver is a TE in Andrews.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the QBs he's designed offenses for. Your question is a typical complaint when someone is trying to defend a QB that doesn't really have it between the ears.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cunningham got Brian Billick and Vick got Andy Reid. And those guys had already taken their abuse as runners and mostly exhausted their running ability.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that Jackson doesn't have a #1 at WR.

Hollywood was more of a #2 and their best receiver is a TE in Andrews.
Nobody can stop Andrews so he seems like a #1 to me.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cunningham got Brian Billick and Vick got Andy Reid. And those guys had already taken their abuse as runners and mostly exhausted their running ability.
They developed as passers.....point stands.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They developed as passers.....point stands.
There's plenty of shitty passers out there that would have looked a lot better at the end of their careers in an Andy Reid or Brian Billick offense.

Lamar and guys like him would have to go somewhere the passing game is already established yet also has a need at the QB position to compare with extremely rare situations that produced Cunningham and Vick's late career success. Add Rich Gannon too. Gruden had built the gun and just needed a trigger.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see these long-tenured passing offensive guys in control of teams anymore?

McVay is probably closest. Would he want Lamar? McVay went out and found himself the best Pocket Passer he could to compete for a Super Bowl.

Sean Payton doesn't currently have a team but could establish a passing game quickest in the right situation I suppose.

Who else? Shanahan is a rushing offense.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the QBs he's designed offenses for. Your question is a typical complaint when someone is trying to defend a QB that doesn't really have it between the ears.
I'm not defending him. I'm not even a Ravens fan, lol. Go back and read a handful of things I've had to say about Lamar in this thread.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good point. The Ravens will finish behind Cincy this season. They may be third to Cleveland next year. How long do the Steelers stay in last place?
He’s playing for his next pay day as well.