• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Lamar Jackson smart to go into this season without a deal?

Is he smart to go into this season without a deal?

• Yes

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Fuck no

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Raven tater salad

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good point. The Ravens will finish behind Cincy this season. They may be third to Cleveland next year. How long do the Steelers stay in last place?

Ravens could be one of the better teams in the league this year. The fact that they finished 8-9 with the MASH squad they had to run out there last year was pretty incredible really. They get A LOT of people back this year that didnt play for them most of the season last year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good point. The Ravens will finish behind Cincy this season. They may be third to Cleveland next year. How long do the Steelers stay in last place?
The Browns will be in last place this season IMO.

Being without Watson for 11 games is bad and he won't be in game shape when he returns.....this is a wasted season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet it's his mom pushing him to get more.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price is going to keep going up with Burrow and Herbert due an extension.....

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 133 mill guaranteed.....think that's the issue.

We've done the groundwork here on whether it's a sound decision or not. Regardless 133 mil is nothing to sneeze at and is more than Murray got.

I'd be inclined to believe it is his mother pushing him in that direction.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns will be in last place this season IMO.

Being without Watson for 11 games is bad and he won't be in game shape when he returns.....this is a wasted season.

We will see

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've done the groundwork here on whether it's a sound decision or not. Regardless 133 mil is nothing to sneeze at and is more than Murray got.

I'd be inclined to believe it is his mother pushing him in that direction.
Not quite. Murray got 160 mill guaranteed

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Jackson....maybe he wants Watson guaranteed money but he at least deserves RW and Murray guaranteed cash.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yikes

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Lamar Jackson rejected a six-year, $290 million contract extension from the Ravens.​

Mortensen noted Jackson "could have earned in excess of $290 million," but the offer only included $133 million fully guaranteed. With Deshaun Watson getting $230 million fully guaranteed this offseason, it's easy to see why Jackson is holding out for a better deal. Mortensen added Jackson wants a fully guaranteed contract and is "willing to explore the Kirk Cousins strategy." That would see Jackson play on the franchise tag for multiple seasons before hitting free agency or reaching an agreement with Baltimore on an extension. It's a risky approach from Jackson, but he is betting on himself for the 2022 season.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yikes

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Lamar Jackson rejected a six-year, $290 million contract extension from the Ravens.​

Mortensen noted Jackson "could have earned in excess of $290 million," but the offer only included $133 million fully guaranteed. With Deshaun Watson getting $230 million fully guaranteed this offseason, it's easy to see why Jackson is holding out for a better deal. Mortensen added Jackson wants a fully guaranteed contract and is "willing to explore the Kirk Cousins strategy." That would see Jackson play on the franchise tag for multiple seasons before hitting free agency or reaching an agreement with Baltimore on an extension. It's a risky approach from Jackson, but he is betting on himself for the 2022 season.

Risky is not the word.

Stupid is the word.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means he's confident. Maybe too confident, but I guess we'll see

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means he's confident. Maybe too confident, but I guess we'll see

I posted a stat where even in his MVP season he was one of the worst deep ball passers in the game. Last year he was just about the worst among starters.

He'd have to make a titanic leap in passing acumen to make playing on a franchise for 2 years anything but Dennis Schroder level dumbassery

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the Ravens are though.

The Ravens were VERY smart (no surprise from that org) moving up to draft Lamar with the 32nd. Why? 5th year option.

Let's face it, Lamar has another 1-2 years good left in the tank AT MOST. The guy is already starting to get injured, does nothing in the playoffs, and his primary threat (speed) is starting to wane. The way I figure it, the Ravens thought: "Hmm, no question he has talent, let's grab him for 5 years - maybe see if we can make a run of things with a cheap QB, and then when the athleticism starts to go, dump him." And IMO that's EXACTLY what they'll do. When Lamar said (pretty sure he said) he was expecting a deal to get done on Friday, I was rolling my eyes.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens Franchise tag him and then send him packing to some stupid ass team willing to trade for him. And I get his OL was a little shaky last year (Stanley was out, etc.) but Lamar's days are over.... I said it the moment he was drafted.. "Guy will be a thing of the past after the run game goes." And.... it's starting to. He's gotten progressively worse (and to a massive degree - including injury) every season (after his rookie one) and I expect that to continue.

Edit: And the Ravens are a smart org. Lamar is no doubt electric and sells tickets. That'll start to fade soon (hell it already has) and the Ravens know it, hence no contract. And what's funny, he CAN'T sit out, because after his performance last year (not good) no team is going to pay him big. Plus, he is a QB with a SHORT shelf life... he's a runningback that can throw. He needs a big year to get a massive contract (and I still doubt the Ravens would pay it). Point being, he's got one big contract left if he's lucky... because by the time he's 30, he'll be a backup option at best.

Last edited:

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the Ravens are though.

The Ravens were VERY smart (no surprise from that org) moving up to draft Lamar with the 32nd. Why? 5th year option.

Let's face it, Lamar has another 1-2 years good left in the tank AT MOST. The guy is already starting to get injured, does nothing in the playoffs, and his primary threat (speed) is starting to wane. The way I figure it, the Ravens thought: "Hmm, no question he has talent, let's grab him for 5 years - maybe see if we can make a run of things with a cheap QB, and then when the athleticism starts to go, dump him." And IMO that's EXACTLY what they'll do. When Lamar said (pretty sure he said) he was expecting a deal to get done on Friday, I was rolling my eyes.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens Franchise tag him and then send him packing to some stupid ass team willing to trade for him. And I get his OL was a little shaky last year (Stanley was out, etc.) but Lamar's days are over.... I said it the moment he was drafted.. "Guy will be a thing of the past after the run game goes." And.... it's starting to. He's gotten progressively worse (and to a massive degree - including injury) every season (after his rookie one) and I expect that to continue.

Edit: And the Ravens are a smart org. Lamar is no doubt electric and sells tickets. That'll start to fade soon (hell it already has) and the Ravens know it, hence no contract. And what's funny, he CAN'T sit out, because after his performance last year (not good) no team is going to pay him big. Plus, he is a QB with a SHORT shelf life... he's a runningback that can throw. He needs a big year to get a massive contract (and I still doubt the Ravens would pay it). Point being, he's got one big contract left if he's lucky... because by the time he's 30, he'll be a backup option at best.

There is literally no proof of this :pound:
It's seriously hilarious how bad you want to be proven right about someone. Been a broken record for 4 years.