• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Lamar Jackson smart to go into this season without a deal?

Is he smart to go into this season without a deal?

• Yes

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Fuck no

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Raven tater salad

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally no proof of this :pound:
It's seriously hilarious how bad you want to be proven right about someone. Been a broken record for 4 years.
Shark wrote a more convincing thesis than you did...

It was more fun to read too

Shark 2
Blue 0

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally no proof of this :pound:
It's seriously hilarious how bad you want to be proven right about someone. Been a broken record for 4 years.

Well the first part "1-2 years good left" is my opinion of course. If I KNEW that I'd be earning WAAAAY more money than everyone on this board combined because I could literally see the future (I'd be the most demanded scout in ALL of sports). So derp?

My second point is fact. He got injured last year, he hasn't done anything in the playoffs (oh won one game woopity due and did jack fuck all in the others - and the one game he won it was ALL because of his legs and the Titans playing like shit), and yah... he had his lowest YPC last year, which reduced dramatically from his 1st full season.

No shit I've been a broken record for 4 years... that's what I originally said. I'm not going to change that opinion now. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. What exactly is your point *cough*, jackass?

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the first part "1-2 years good left" is my opinion of course. If I KNEW that I'd be earning WAAAAY more money than everyone on this board combined because I could literally see the future (I'd be the most demanded scout in ALL of sports). So derp?

My second point is fact. He got injured last year, he hasn't done anything in the playoffs (oh won one game woopity due and did jack fuck all in the others - and the one game he won it was ALL because of his legs and the Titans playing like shit), and yah... he had his lowest YPC last year, which reduced dramatically from his 1st full season.

No shit I've been a broken record for 4 years... that's what I originally said. I'm not going to change that opinion now. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. What exactly is your point *cough*, jackass?

-His playstyle isn't sustainable (even though he's starting his 5th year today with no major injuries on him)
-He's getting injured already (it's inevitable to get injured if you play long enough -nobody is immune to that. Even then any injuries he's suffered in the NFL were when he was PASSING the ball)
-His speed is going away (Proof? He was on pace for another 1000yd season before his injury)
-Hasn't done anything in the playoffs - probably the only valid criticism you have on him. Watson, Murray, Prescott, Cousins (I can go on and on) haven't done shit either yet got long term deals but Lamar shouldn't for the same reason? Not his fault the market is the way it is.

There are guys that have accomplished less and don't get anywhere near as much criticism as he does.
You saying he's gonna suck every single year doesn't make you right when he finally does YEARS later. Everyone will suck at some point if they play long enough (with the exception of like Brady I guess).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-His playstyle isn't sustainable (even though he's starting his 5th year today with no major injuries on him)
-He's getting injured already (it's inevitable to get injured if you play long enough -nobody is immune to that. Even then any injuries he's suffered in the NFL were when he was PASSING the ball)
-His speed is going away (Proof? He was on pace for another 1000yd season before his injury)
-Hasn't done anything in the playoffs - probably the only valid criticism you have on him. Watson, Murray, Prescott, Cousins (I can go on and on) haven't done shit either yet got long term deals but Lamar shouldn't for the same reason? Not his fault the market is the way it is.

There are guys that have accomplished less and don't get anywhere near as much criticism as he does.
You saying he's gonna suck every single year doesn't make you right when he finally does YEARS later. Everyone will suck at some point if they play long enough (with the exception of like Brady I guess).

My point was a QB that runs like him (MAYBE outside of Cam Newton who was built like a linebacker) hasn't really been sustainable in the NFL. Could this be the first? Sure. Am I going to bet on that? No.

As for Watson/Murray, those contracts IMO were ridiculous (one guy hasn't done fuck all in the postseason - LESS than Lamar, and quit on his team last year, the other guy wont have played a game in nearly 2 years. Don't even get me started on Dak.... I gave all those signings LOW grades), but you're right... the QB market is crazy hot right now. Should Lamar want a huge deal as well? YES! Do I think the Ravens are an intelligent org that are not going to give it to him (at least definitely not right now)? YES!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blue_suns

Eh well there ya go:

Shits all over my theory. If that's all true, happy to say I'm wrong. However, if that's true, Jackson is a fuckin' idiot for turning that down.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yikes

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Lamar Jackson rejected a six-year, $290 million contract extension from the Ravens.​

Mortensen noted Jackson "could have earned in excess of $290 million," but the offer only included $133 million fully guaranteed. With Deshaun Watson getting $230 million fully guaranteed this offseason, it's easy to see why Jackson is holding out for a better deal. Mortensen added Jackson wants a fully guaranteed contract and is "willing to explore the Kirk Cousins strategy." That would see Jackson play on the franchise tag for multiple seasons before hitting free agency or reaching an agreement with Baltimore on an extension. It's a risky approach from Jackson, but he is betting on himself for the 2022 season.
I think people need to know. If you want more guaranteed money, it will be on less per year avg.
Pumping up avg. per year has always been an inflated number. Trying to get max avg. per year & get more (or full) guarantee money is like having your cake & eating it too. That is stupid for a team to do. You want guaranteed high dollar money every year live on a fran tag then. With Cousins getting fully guaranteed contracts were on short contracts. What the browns did was an anomaly. Not the norm & nor should it. It was a dumb contract.
I hope the Ravens stay smart & not give in to these bullshit demands by players nowadays. They want all their money now (which would be fine) & then want guarantees long term as well. (which isnt fine) if you get your money now, then you shouldnt have guarantees late in a contract. If Lamar stays stubborn, then I hope the ravens franchise tag him for his 6th year, then move on from him. Gives them two years to come up with their new plan.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was a QB that runs like him (MAYBE outside of Cam Newton who was built like a linebacker) hasn't really been sustainable in the NFL. Could this be the first? Sure. Am I going to bet on that? No.

As for Watson/Murray, those contracts IMO were ridiculous (one guy hasn't done fuck all in the postseason - LESS than Lamar, and quit on his team last year, the other guy wont have played a game in nearly 2 years. Don't even get me started on Dak.... I gave all those signings LOW grades), but you're right... the QB market is crazy hot right now. Should Lamar want a huge deal as well? YES! Do I think the Ravens are an intelligent org that are not going to give it to him (at least definitely not right now)? YES!
I don't think literally any of those teams were as committed as the Ravens to maximizing 11 on 11 football to leverage running strengths. Lamar unironically can throw so I don't get calling him exclusively a "running QB."

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people need to know. If you want more guaranteed money, it will be on less per year avg.
Pumping up avg. per year has always been an inflated number. Trying to get max avg. per year & get more (or full) guarantee money is like having your cake & eating it too. That is stupid for a team to do. You want guaranteed high dollar money every year live on a fran tag then. With Cousins getting fully guaranteed contracts were on short contracts. What the browns did was an anomaly. Not the norm & nor should it. It was a dumb contract.
I hope the Ravens stay smart & not give in to these bullshit demands by players nowadays. They want all their money now (which would be fine) & then want guarantees long term as well. (which isnt fine) if you get your money now, then you shouldnt have guarantees late in a contract. If Lamar stays stubborn, then I hope the ravens franchise tag him for his 6th year, then move on from him. Gives them two years to come up with their new plan.

If you read my post above it was reported 5 year $250M lol.... seems like nobody has the right 'source' at the moment and it's all speculation or rumors. I'm not getting a solid source from reading anything.

I also agree the fully guaranteed thing is fuckin' ridiculous.... especially for a QB that is the size he is and runs the way he does. Now I could be wrong, he may be the new NFL... but not holding my breath.