• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lamar Jackson???

Should our team be seriously active in pursuing Lamar Jackson?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • 2. No

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These yearly avg‘s aren’t true . Bonuses make things easier but these contracts can be gotten out of quickly
I am not a contract expert. I agree there is some ambiguity. The bottom line is that I understand why SEA kept Geno Smith and his contract is NOT as awful as it seems. We are all entitled to our opinion. I am NOT a big Geno Smith fan but given the current draft, QB market, and his 2022 campaign, I think the contract is reasonable. I feel the NFL QB contracts have gotten out of hand. Daniel Jones' contract is an example. That being said, I am not going to shake my fist and scream at the sky because I disagree with the weather. This is simply the reality of the situation in the current NFL.

I took my info from:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, as a franchise i said we should actively pursue Lamar. As a fan somehow concerned about cap space that doesn't come from my wallet, i preferred a different route. But I will say this....other than SF and Philly, i don't see a team in the NFC that would be a threat to us with Lamar at qb.

However, in the superbowl, if we're talking KC, BUF, CIN ....i don't see us beating any AFC rep.
So again, unless things dramatically change with the contract, I'd like to build while i still have a rookie qb contract.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think Danny Dimes is gonna get better from here.
Danny dimes threw 15 TD passes last year which ironcally is his 4 year avg. Statiscally speaking, last year was his best year. With Saquan returning for 2023-2024, I see no improvement from him since Saquan will be the focal point and no way he should of been paid as such for being average.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones could get better as a result of being a system that is actually designed to play to their player’s strengths, and coached by an excellent team of coaches, but its hard to see him ever measuring up to the insane contract he was awarded.

He had four years to get to the top tier of qb’s for that salary, and never did. Hell, his excellent coaching staff is exactly the reason (one could argue) as to why the giants massively overpaid for mediocrity: he’s a system qb in a system that limits his exposure, doesnt ask him to do too much, and makes up for talent through misdirection and trickery.

The Giants overachieved last year, and there’s not really any reason thus far to think it’s sustainable with Daniel Jones at the helm.

On the other hand, stranger things have happened, it isnt like they had a quality back-up plan, there arent qbs out there that would really make a difference at a lesser price, and they are coached extremely well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not giving up 2 1st rounders , paying 230 mil plus fully guaranteed contract for a guy who has one playoff win and who has missed 10 games the past 2 yrs and has only one season he has played the full yr .

that asking price just isnt going to fly with me to get deshaun Watson production which in one word was Urine .

we should draft our own franchise qb and let new ownership take care of this

I have seen enough of chasing the big name only for it to turn into urine . Wilson , Watson Rodgers , give it a rest

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it isn’t gonna happen. One reason he’s simply not worth all that and another reason a lot of that cash would have to be put into an escrow as I’ve mentioned before. Dan can not and will not do that