• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ideal draft scenarios

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner LSU Guard

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does McShay have a mock everyday? Yesterday he had us taking Brandon Cooks. As far as Logan Thomas- I did hear last week that he was further along than Cam passing at this stage of Newtons career. No Im not saying I like Thomas- just thought I would throw that out there.

For my pick Im not really sold yet. Donald or Barr was who I wanted at first, then it went to Pryor but then I heard about the guy from Washington ST. that we could get later, so then I wanted WR.- plenty of those so Im thinking OT right now.

That's the beauty about this draft. We can go a number of different directions and still be right. I'm not sold on Donald but I have readied myself if he is the pick.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the beauty about this draft. We can go a number of different directions and still be right. I'm not sold on Donald but I have readied myself if he is the pick.

I think if we get Donald your opinion will change a few games into the season..... The guy has a motor and an attitude to prove everyone wrong about his size ..... Those kind of guys are special .... Glover was only an inch taller and built the same way ..... and he was a very very solid football player

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we get Donald your opinion will change a few games into the season..... The guy has a motor and an attitude to prove everyone wrong about his size ..... Those kind of guys are special .... Glover was only an inch taller and built the same way ..... and he was a very very solid football player

If we take him I'll hope I was wrong about. The biggest thing I don't like is his height. He won't be able to take passing lanes away. The odd thing is I think his lack of height will give him an advantage to play under the pad level of the OL.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take him I'll hope I was wrong about. The biggest thing I don't like is his height. He won't be able to take passing lanes away. The odd thing is I think his lack of height will give him an advantage to play under the pad level of the OL.
I would be ok if our DT could collapse a pocket by pushing an OL into the way of the QB.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can do so consistently great. Gotta remember he's not going against the ACC any longer.

if we take him, I will just hope he is a lot like glover. The idea that he has a motor is what would excite me.
I was just commenting on your observation about being able to get under pads. I would take that disruption over stats all day.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I watched some show (for the name of it) where they have players run drill with some ex pros.
I watched Ealy & Jerg being coached up by McGinnest. I have to say Ealy looked really fast in that show.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we take him, I will just hope he is a lot like glover. The idea that he has a motor is what would excite me.
I was just commenting on your observation about being able to get under pads. I would take that disruption over stats all day.

My comment on him playing under pad level id my way of saying he does bring something others don't. I prefer him not to be in Dallas but I won't say he has no shot at bring very good in the NFL. I just don't want to Draft a guy in the first who I have a major concern about.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I may have not looked at enough Draft sites. NFL.com had him as a 4-5 rd LB. As I looked at more sites while he is#2 on most he's still listed as a 2-3 or 2-4. Walters has him 2-4 but the couple LB's behind him are listed at 2-3. I wouldn't be surprised if he's selected in the 4th.

Of course I could be wrong if this turns into something

Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland has been removed from at least one team's draft board due to a balky left shoulder.
The team reportedly believes he needs surgery on the shoulder, which would be Borland's third known operation on the same joint. Other teams passed Borland on his physical and believe he can play through the shoulder problem. Borland never missed a college game because of the shoulder, though he did sit out two in 2012 and one in 2013 with right hamstring injuries. He's a day-two prospect.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I could be wrong if this turns into something

Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland has been removed from at least one team's draft board due to a balky left shoulder.
The team reportedly believes he needs surgery on the shoulder, which would be Borland's third known operation on the same joint. Other teams passed Borland on his physical and believe he can play through the shoulder problem. Borland never missed a college game because of the shoulder, though he did sit out two in 2012 and one in 2013 with right hamstring injuries. He's a day-two prospect.

Borland was a great freaking college football player, but I would be leary of taking him as early as he has been projected. Not just the injury, the guy could be the next Zach Thomas or the next Steve DeOssie

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think Geometry. For most passes where the QB is throwing the ball up: 6'1" moving 3 yards up the field closer to the QB is tougher to throw over than 6'4" at the LOS. My original problem with his size was I thought he was around 280lbs when all this talk started. At almost 290lbs we can have him closer to 300lbs by year two. Now that Marinelli is in full charge and knowing we'll be cycling in DL and looking for quickness and motor over all else I don't see how this is a bad pick. We need pressure up the gut. He still isn't my top choice, but he would be a great pick for us. But, I see less than a 50% chance he is still there and I do NOT want to trade up with all the talent that will still be there at #16.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borland was a great freaking college football player, but I would be leary of taking him as early as he has been projected. Not just the injury, the guy could be the next Zach Thomas or the next Steve DeOssie

So are you saying you would not taking the next Zach Thomas in the 2nd round???

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying you would not taking the next Zach Thomas in the 2nd round???

First off, Zach Thomas wasn't ''ZACH THOMAS''. when he came out of Tech. And no, if Zach Thomas had a ''balky shoulder'' coming out of college, I wouldn't have taken him in the 2nd round either

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure what that means or if you are now saying you'd do it or not, but if he is viewed as the next Zach Thomas he won't get out of the top 10.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure what that means or if you are now saying you'd do it or not, but if he is viewed as the next Zach Thomas he won't get out of the top 10.

If he were a 22 year old Zach Thomas and everyone new that, then yeah, he would be top 10. As it is, he is a ''Thomas like'' 5'11'', 245, with questions about his shoulder. He might end up being a 2nd round steal, I like him, so I hope so, but no, I wouldn't take him before the 3rd. I'm sure every 1st rounder is viewed as the next someone, Aaron Donald as the next Warren Sapp, Sammy Watkins as the next Julio Jones, Greg Robinson as the next Larry Allen. Doesn't always work out that way

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with any of that and I never compared him or anyone else t oanyone. I was just going off of this, which sounded different from what you are saying:

"I would be leary of taking him as early as he has been projected. Not just the injury, the guy could be the next Zach Thomas "

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are a few (Nate) that get their sports education from this forum, so lets set straight a wrong statement.

Zach Thomas was Zack Thomas all the way back to Pampa High School where he was 1st team all state. At Texas Tech he was a TWO TIME All American, and his senior year, Unanimous All-American .... one of only 5 to ever play at Tech.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also a 7 time Pro Bowler, All Pro 5 times and voted to the 2000's all decade team. Which is why I questioned "being the next Zach Thomas" as a REASON not to take him in the first two rounds.