• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ideal draft scenarios

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am SHOCKED you & Jerry are still around after the 2009 draft...

LOL I was ready to do that when we traded our 1st rounders for Williams

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought is was the 4th rd LB in the 2nd.

other than Pryor in the 1st ( opinions vary) The whole thing is dumb....

The thought of Logan Thomas wearing the star ... makes me ill

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say Borland is a "4th Round LB"? A lot of rankings have him as the #2 ILB in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 2nd.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideal draft: Dix and Jernigan are scooped up ahead of us so we can draft a good player. The best safeties for our defense is ward and joyner. Dix is a chitty tackler. I got Donald,Shazier,Lewan and Martin on my wish list. If we don't draft Shazier we need to takeTelvin Smith in the 3rd.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say Borland is a "4th Round LB"? A lot of rankings have him as the #2 ILB in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 2nd.

OK I may have not looked at enough Draft sites. NFL.com had him as a 4-5 rd LB. As I looked at more sites while he is#2 on most he's still listed as a 2-3 or 2-4. Walters has him 2-4 but the couple LB's behind him are listed at 2-3. I wouldn't be surprised if he's selected in the 4th.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideal draft: Dix and Jernigan are scooped up ahead of us so we can draft a good player. The best safeties for our defense is ward and joyner. Dix is a chitty tackler. I got Donald,Shazier,Lewan and Martin on my wish list. If we don't draft Shazier we need to takeTelvin Smith in the 3rd.

how many ways can you say the same thing? month after month
your opinions of this team and what they should do with regards to talent is at best a 200 batting average

Your picture resides by the statement, onward through the fog

we are what we are and ain't what we ain't

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I may have not looked at enough Draft sites. NFL.com had him as a 4-5 rd LB. As I looked at more sites while he is#2 on most he's still listed as a 2-3 or 2-4. Walters has him 2-4 but the couple LB's behind him are listed at 2-3. I wouldn't be surprised if he's selected in the 4th.

draft sites are nothing more than opinions...like nates in many cases

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideal draft scenario:
1. a run on QBs early pushes.....
2. a player down that should not be there for us.....
3. we take him if the position is a need or.....
4. trade out of the pick for a king's ransom.
5. several first round graded guys are available in the second.....
6. we take one.....
7. and we are able to trade back up with little trouble to pick another one.
8. we let the rest of the draft fall to us and pick solid contributer-types that improve team depth.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than Pryor in the 1st ( opinions vary) The whole thing is dumb....

The thought of Logan Thomas wearing the star ... makes me ill
:laugh3: I agree Logan Thomas will be a tight end in the NFL. I don't want him near the Cowboys. Pryor was the only one.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideal draft scenario:
1. a run on QBs early pushes.....
2. a player down that should not be there for us.....
3. we take him if the position is a need or.....
4. trade out of the pick for a king's ransom.
5. several first round graded guys are available in the second.....
6. we take one.....
7. and we are able to trade back up with little trouble to pick another one.
8. we let the rest of the draft fall to us and pick solid contributer-types that improve team depth.

9. Jerry is told that the draft starts on May 13th and does not show up.

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would shoot my TV ... buy a plane ticket ... shoot Jerry .... and then Shoot myself if we had a draft that fucking SHITTY

The absolute worse shit I have ever seen posted right there dude ...Twisted

Twisted so who on this list is shitty...

Borland may be small but all he does is tackle and have a nose for being around the ball. Are linebacking core sucks balls. Sean Lee is all we have and he can never stay healthy.

Jeffcoat I'm hoping would be just as good as his father was when he played in the 90's.

Quarles played on the same D-line as J. Clowney... He looked like he played better overall during the season than Clowney did since all he cared about was the almight dollar and taking himself out of games.

Michael Sam is just a body to sub along our shitty defensive line. The only good lineman we have is Henry Melton who is coming off injury. Other than that we have a shitty guy that we resigned named Anthony Spencer and an unproven guy in Tyrone Crawford and George Selvie. Out of this group Selvie played the best last year and he was one of about 20 different guys we had playing on our d-line last season. We need every prospect we can get in this draft.

I only put down Logan Thomas because I couldn't think of any QB's that would be better around their pick in the 6th round. I think the QB out of Pitt will be gone by then too. I think that we need to groom someone for Tony Romo but I think Romo has 3 or 4 more good years in him. I really don't think that Orton or Weeden is the team's answer if Romo were to go down again this season. Orton at best is a poor mans Alex Smith.

And who really cares about the guys we get in the 7th round anyways. They will only be on the practice squad if they are lucky. So again tell me how this draft is shitty.

Let me guess you think we can get Sammy Watkins... Keep Dreaming we won't be that stupid to trade up for him. Let me take a guess and say for pick 16 if he's there you want Johnny football when we need defense up the ass. If I remember correctly our defense finished dead last in the league. The only guy I see possibly being there is Aaron Donald that I would want them to draft for a d lineman in the 1st round. But I see the Bears drafting him.

Our team needs are Safety, and D-Line, OL, The only guys I wouldn't mind seeing our team draft on the offensive side of the ball are either Lewan, or Zack Martin. But then the rest of the draft would need to focus on defense. Remember offense wins games but defense wins championships. If you can remember the Seahawks crushed the potent Denver Offense during last seaons Super Bowl.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard...you can't post it and then get upset if people don't like it. I didn't think it was as bad as the others did. But I am not a big fan of Pryor. I want Dix, but unlike many here I don't see them as comparable. I don't think your 2nd rounder was a huge reach value wise, but I don't think he's a great fit for us and in this draft I think we can get an impact player in both rounds one and two (at least). Personally I wouldn't be happy if we drafted him in the 2nd even though I think he will go around there. I like Jeffcoat and think he is a possibility for us in the 3rd round. I don't look much at anyone's last 3 rounds because it's too much of a crap shoot at that point.

Oh and Duke sucks too...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would shoot my TV ... buy a plane ticket ... shoot Jerry .... and then Shoot myself if we had a draft that fucking SHITTY

The absolute worse shit I have ever seen posted right there dude ...Twisted

Twisted so who on this list is shitty...

Borland may be small but all he does is tackle and have a nose for being around the ball. Are linebacking core sucks balls. Sean Lee is all we have and he can never stay healthy.

Jeffcoat I'm hoping would be just as good as his father was when he played in the 90's.

Quarles played on the same D-line as J. Clowney... He looked like he played better overall during the season than Clowney did since all he cared about was the almight dollar and taking himself out of games.

Michael Sam is just a body to sub along our shitty defensive line. The only good lineman we have is Henry Melton who is coming off injury. Other than that we have a shitty guy that we resigned named Anthony Spencer and an unproven guy in Tyrone Crawford and George Selvie. Out of this group Selvie played the best last year and he was one of about 20 different guys we had playing on our d-line last season. We need every prospect we can get in this draft.

I only put down Logan Thomas because I couldn't think of any QB's that would be better around their pick in the 6th round. I think the QB out of Pitt will be gone by then too. I think that we need to groom someone for Tony Romo but I think Romo has 3 or 4 more good years in him. I really don't think that Orton or Weeden is the team's answer if Romo were to go down again this season. Orton at best is a poor mans Alex Smith.

And who really cares about the guys we get in the 7th round anyways. They will only be on the practice squad if they are lucky. So again tell me how this draft is shitty.

Let me guess you think we can get Sammy Watkins... Keep Dreaming we won't be that stupid to trade up for him. Let me take a guess and say for pick 16 if he's there you want Johnny football when we need defense up the ass. If I remember correctly our defense finished dead last in the league. The only guy I see possibly being there is Aaron Donald that I would want them to draft for a d lineman in the 1st round. But I see the Bears drafting him.

Our team needs are Safety, and D-Line, OL, The only guys I wouldn't mind seeing our team draft on the offensive side of the ball are either Lewan, or Zack Martin. But then the rest of the draft would need to focus on defense. Remember offense wins games but defense wins championships. If you can remember the Seahawks crushed the potent Denver Offense during last seaons Super Bowl.

Simple I think you can get a better player in the 2nd ..... ALOT better
Same in the 3rd round
I think you have both of those guys values WAY too high. Just my opinion
Quarles is in on the radar only because of the line he played on and so is Sam
In fact Sam was a 5th round prospect until he came out and said he was gay ........ and HELL NO I dont want that circus show in Dallas
since you are a Duke fan You must watch ACC football .... So you should know how bad Logan Thomas sucks

and welcome aboard ..... Better have thick skin ... Cause you will find more disagreeing that agree with others opinions ..... That's why we debate our opinions

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather see us draft a top rated punter than take Sam in the 7th

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard...you can't post it and then get upset if people don't like it. I didn't think it was as bad as the others did. But I am not a big fan of Pryor. I want Dix, but unlike many here I don't see them as comparable. I don't think your 2nd rounder was a huge reach value wise, but I don't think he's a great fit for us and in this draft I think we can get an impact player in both rounds one and two (at least). Personally I wouldn't be happy if we drafted him in the 2nd even though I think he will go around there. I like Jeffcoat and think he is a possibility for us in the 3rd round. I don't look much at anyone's last 3 rounds because it's too much of a crap shoot at that point.

Oh and Duke sucks too...

Yep they do so does the Yanks LOL

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper’s latest mock
# 16 Calvin Pryor
COLLEGE: Louisville
Class: Jr
HT: 5-11
WT: 207
POS: S
Analysis: Depending on how you feel about the prospects of J.J. Wilcox, you could argue the Cowboys need not just one safety, but two. I know defensive line is a pretty big need here for Dallas, but it's a big leap to target either defensive tackle or an edge-rusher here. I actually think the Cowboys could consider moving down if they run into a scenario like this, but I'm not projecting trades, and Pryor, a likely immediate starter at a position of need, makes plenty of sense here.

McShay’s latest mock
#16 Calvin Pryor
Analysis: Defensive end, defensive tackle and safety are all need positions for the Cowboys, and in this scenario, they get a potential starter opposite leading tackler Barry Church in the secondary. Pryor is an intimidating presence in the middle of the field who does his best work in the box but is capable of holding up in deep-half zone and deep-third coverage. He sets the tone with his relentless playing style and willingness to deliver the knockout hit.

I can only hope a safety is taken with one of our first two picks. I remain just fine with Pryor

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper’s latest mock
# 16 Calvin Pryor
Analysis: Depending on how you feel about the prospects of J.J. Wilcox, you could argue the Cowboys need not just one safety, but two. I know defensive line is a pretty big need here for Dallas, but it's a big leap to target either defensive tackle or an edge-rusher here. I actually think the Cowboys could consider moving down if they run into a scenario like this, but I'm not projecting trades, and Pryor, a likely immediate starter at a position of need, makes plenty of sense here.

McShay’s latest mock
#16 Calvin Pryor
Analysis: Defensive end, defensive tackle and safety are all need positions for the Cowboys, and in this scenario, they get a potential starter opposite leading tackler Barry Church in the secondary. Pryor is an intimidating presence in the middle of the field who does his best work in the box but is capable of holding up in deep-half zone and deep-third coverage. He sets the tone with his relentless playing style and willingness to deliver the knockout hit.

I can only hope a safety is taken with one of our first two picks. I remain just fine with Pryor

I haven't seen their latest mocks so can't say who they took off the board before we pick.
I prefer Clinton-Dix but not opposed to Pryor.

I just hope we address the position. Tired of seeing Jerry take projects and/or hoping he can find the next Woodson in the 3rd and 4th rounds

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft
1. Donald DT
2. Crichton DE
3. Bucannon Safety Washington State
4. Tritumu guard LSU

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does McShay have a mock everyday? Yesterday he had us taking Brandon Cooks. As far as Logan Thomas- I did hear last week that he was further along than Cam passing at this stage of Newtons career. No Im not saying I like Thomas- just thought I would throw that out there.

For my pick Im not really sold yet. Donald or Barr was who I wanted at first, then it went to Pryor but then I heard about the guy from Washington ST. that we could get later, so then I wanted WR.- plenty of those so Im thinking OT right now.