• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to start talking draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it's still 5 weeks off, there are probably more cuts & follow up signings on the horizon. But few if any of the big name free agents remain available, so after what I viewed was a lukewarm free agency signing period for our Bears, I figured it's time to start focusing on the draft, specifically our #9 pick. Had we signed an OT, a DT, even a bigger name DE/Edge, there wouldn't be such a multiple choice dilemma over our sole 1st rounder. The big Q is does Poles have on his BPA board someone on the offensive side (think OT) or defensive, which is likely somewhere on the DL, but I wouldn't rule out the secondary either.

If we go offense:
Paris Johnson, OT, Ohio State - Still my top choice for tackle
Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - A bit leery of his gator arms, but the man is brutal as QB & run protectors go, so I'd be more than satisfied if he's selected
Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia - More likely a 2nd rounder, but his stock has been rising so I figured I might as well add him to the mix

Call me biased, but I refuse to consider any other offensive players for our first pick. Some will argue that if Bijan Robinson or Jahmyr Gibbs is there, we should take either one. But we're in such dire need for the trenches, I just can't see Poles going that route.

If we go defense:
Tyree Wilson, DE/Edge, Texas Tech - Faint hope he might still be there when we're on the clock
Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson - Is anyone in the draft happier that Jalen Carter continues to fuck up his status? Bresee offers a nice balance of power, strength, and quickness
Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern - Rapid riser, the Bears paid a LOT of attention to him on his pro day. Definitely falls in as a sleeper pick tho
Nolan Smith, Edge/OLB, Georgia - In addition to his already mad skills, this guy has been winning over a lot of people with his interviews and how he handles himself
Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh - Another rapid riser, some analysts and pundits are referring to this kid as Aaron Donald Jr. I'd call that nice company
Myles Murphy, DE/Edge, Clemson - Should be no lower than 3rd on this list, but a hammy injury keeps stalling his formal workout. Hoping he comes thru big time when he does
Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - Not ruling out Poles having him high up on his BPA list. We're talking immediate impact here from the CB spot
Devin Witherspoon, CB, Illinois - See Christian Gonzalez

So with 8 teams picking in front of us with a good chance that as many as 4 teams select a QB, it's not a matter of having some top talent available for the taking, it's really more of which player Poles feels most comfortable taking first. Any guesses?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for shits & grins, I hit up 10 random sports sites to check their most recent mock drafts. For our #9, here's the breakdown as to who we'd take:

Jalen Carter - 4
Paris Johnson - 3
Lukas Van Ness - 1
Peter Skoronski - 1
Devon Witherspoon - 1

Have to say, rather disheartening to see Carter with the most predictions.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Robinson isn't on that list, if, as some say, he is truly a generational running back.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Robinson isn't on that list, if, as some say, he is truly a generational running back.
Had we not signed Foreman, you probably would have seen him on one or two of them. It's no secret that the Bears need help the most in the trenches, so it should not come as a surprise that the majority, if not all these mocks have the Bears grabbing one of those with their first pick.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had we not signed Foreman, you probably would have seen him on one or two of them. It's no secret that the Bears need help the most in the trenches, so it should not come as a surprise that the majority, if not all these mocks have the Bears grabbing one of those with their first pick.
True. A great O line can turn an average RB into a good one.