• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ideal draft scenarios

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is when all of this shakes out 2 or 3 QBs still go in the top 10 and that is good news for us

I bet you a nickle there isnt a chance in hell 3 Qbs go in the top 10

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW I think opposite but because of the same reason

I think less trades than ever..... because of the depth of the draft.

Who the fuck knows, I know I don't have a clue and am totally guessing on this one. But the depth could also makes teams willing to drop back a few spots without requiring a premium because they like so many guys like UK was saying. I just don't want us to trade back. I don't care what everyone else does...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a gentleman's bet that 2 go top 10?

I'll take that

I have none going in the top 10 and the Qb run happening after the top 10 are gone

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you aren't all that sure there will be a great run on QB's

I am never sure about anything draft related, but I don't think I've ever said there will be a run on QBs. I really wouldn't be surprised at all if none or one go in the top 10. Just think it's more likely based on history and how bad a lot of the teams in the 10's QBs are this year that 2 plus will go.

Plus I don't make "real" internet bets.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Robinson at #4. Best WR to drop at #26 (and there will be a great WR prospect there) to play next to Gordon and the best of what QBs are left at the very top of the 2nd? And still more early picks to get more talent.

I think Cle could really upgrade their team if they play their cards right.

No doubt about it for Cleveland. How about the chance that Watkins is there at 4 for Cleveland? Put him across from Gordon, and at 26 and 35 pick up either Mettenberger or Carr to play QB and either Kouandijio, Richardson or J Jones to play RT. And the way the RB's are being projected, they might get one of the top RB's in the draft in the 3rd round. I'd be pumped

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck knows, I know I don't have a clue and am totally guessing on this one. But the depth could also makes teams willing to drop back a few spots without requiring a premium because they like so many guys like UK was saying. I just don't want us to trade back. I don't care what everyone else does...

Dallas has 11 picks, and even though 6 of those are 7th's, it doesn't matter, we are in a great position to sit tight and take the BPA all draft long. If the Cowboys were to trade the 16, I would want it to be because the Cowboys were on the clock and someone knocked their socks off. I don't think Cleveland would ever trade 26 and 35, but if they did, that would be the type of deal I would need to move. None of this trading down to 28 and picking up a late 3rd bullshit

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am never sure about anything draft related, but I don't think I've ever said there will be a run on QBs. I really wouldn't be surprised at all if none or one go in the top 10. Just think it's more likely based on history and how bad a lot of the teams in the 10's QBs are this year that 2 plus will go.

Plus I don't make "real" internet bets.

I'm just pulling your chain. Drafts are impossible to figure out who goes where. This draft is more difficult due to the depth and equality of talent. I see 5 guys certain to go in the top 10, past those 5 we can throw darts at a big board and be just as right as the draft experts. On those top five I'm thinking of it doesn't mean their all gone by 5. My last guy could be #10.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a team like the Vikings don't feel secure enough that their guy will be there in the second, not after Oakland, Houston, Jax use two picks and Cleveland chooses three. I'll be shocked they don't take one at #8.

As far as the others, it all depends on what Houston does and where Clown goes. Clown absolutely won't get past Jax. If Houston takes Bortles, STL could trade their pick to ATL. Clown goes #2. Jax could take Watkins or Mack B4 they take JFF. Leaving Cleveland with a tough decision. How much do they like JFF? If they don't pull the trigger, the Yikes most likely will.

If Houston drafts Clown, Then I see there being a fight for Bortles. Minny may want to jump to #2, Oakland could want him too. Odds are good STL moves out of #2 either way, and likely adds a OT. But I would be shocked if 2 QBs DID NOT go in the first 8.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just pulling your chain. Drafts are impossible to figure out who goes where. This draft is more difficult due to the depth and equality of talent. I see 5 guys certain to go in the top 10, past those 5 we can throw darts at a big board and be just as right as the draft experts. On those top five I'm thinking of it doesn't mean their all gone by 5. My last guy could be #10.

Exactly. I think the key to a draft falling perfectly is seeing players not on your big board coming off in front of you. Lets say for the Cowboys, their big board, in whatever order, had-

Clowney
Mack
Robinson
Matthews
Donald
Ealy
Dix
Gilbert
Dennard
Evans
Pryor
Martin
Lewan
Hageman
Shazier
Ward

No matter who is picked in front of us, you could have one of those 16. If 4 QB's and a TE come off the board, you could have anyone in your top 11...OR, you could trade down 5 spots, still be guaranteed to have one of your top 16, while picking up additional picks. This would really be a hard draft to screw up, IMO

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney, Mack, Matthews, Robinson, and Watkins are the 5 I think are guaranteed to be in the top 10. For all others we are rolling dice. Could 2 or 3 QB's go by 10? Sure, but u don't see it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a team like the Vikings don't feel secure enough that their guy will be there in the second, not after Oakland, Houston, Jax use two picks and Cleveland chooses three. I'll be shocked they don't take one at #8.

As far as the others, it all depends on what Houston does and where Clown goes. Clown absolutely won't get past Jax. If Houston takes Bortles, STL could trade their pick to ATL. Clown goes #2. Jax could take Watkins or Mack B4 they take JFF. Leaving Cleveland with a tough decision. How much do they like JFF? If they don't pull the trigger, the Yikes most likely will.

If Houston drafts Clown, Then I see there being a fight for Bortles. Minny may want to jump to #2, Oakland could want him too. Odds are good STL moves out of #2 either way, and likely adds a OT. But I would be shocked if 2 QBs DID NOT go in the first 8.

good post....I tend to see it pretty much the same

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the talk about Atl trading up for Clowney unless they do it pretty cheaply. They need an OT badly. They have a franchise QB and need to protect him. If I am them I take the best Tackle left at #6. If all 3 are gone, then yeah I look at someone else, but they really don't have any Tackles on the roster right now that I'd be confident in for 2014. Baker is old and hurt and no one else is any good. If they trade up, my guess is that it is for Robinson, but I don't see him that much better than Matthews or Lewan.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboy's draft strategy should be to try and acquire multiple picks in the 1st round.....Here's why. Call me crazy but I think that we can indirectly get extra cap relief if we hit on both guys because you now potentially have to starters if you hit; who or operating in rookie contracts with a 5th year option. Does that make since fellas, I think so:noidea:. The down side is you might have to dip into next years draft pool. Maybe Cleveland would be a good trade partner to accomplish this. offer them a 2nd this year and next years 2nd maybe throw in a 7th rounder for their 2nd first round pick.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 5th year options aren't exactly cheap. The most important thing about trading back is you need to wait and see who is available BEFORE you decide to do it. How can you decide the strategy without knowing the siutation? What if Donald, Barr or whomever you like is sitting there at #16? Would you still want to trade back?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on record for wanting to draft Marcus Mariota or J. Winston next year well due to the Latest on Mr. Winston now I wouldn't touch him before the 2nd round. Crab legs....really. Not only is he a thief, but that's moronic. :L

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 5th year options aren't exactly cheap. The most important thing about trading back is you need to wait and see who is available BEFORE you decide to do it. How can you decide the strategy without knowing the siutation? What if Donald, Barr or whomever you like is sitting there at #16? Would you still want to trade back?
No I want to stay at 16 and re-enter the the 1st round at the end of the round

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get 2 studs in the 1st round and exercise that fifth year option is what I was trying to say. Im on record I hope Barr is our guy

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ATL doesn't make the trade up to get Clown, then I can see them being a real player for Barr. I think they are 50/50 DE-LT in this draft. Ealy and maybe Crichton could step in if they pass on Barr and take OT in the first.
Lewan & Ealy or Lewan & Crichton
Barr & Moses or Barr & Kouandjio