• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else get the feeling this is likely to be the year Lake gets an offer he accepts? The offense once again not doing their part this year and his stock is pretty high. Just feels like someone is going to offer him a HC slot at a second tier school or a very high level DC he can't say no to.

Will this team be breaking in two new coordinators next year? :noidea:

I think it depends on the offer. I'd be surprised if he left to be a defensive coordinator at another school (if I'm recalling correctly, Alabama reached out to him), NFL maybe. I also think it depends on what he aspires to accomplish in his career. Depending on how you define second tier school, I'd also be surprised if he took a head coaching position if it wasn't at a power-5 program. I do want him to stay but If he bides his time he'd get a really good head coaching offer at some point. Personally I also believe his stock was higher last offseason.

I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but as much as I want to see Hamden replaced I have a feeling his replacement would be less than inspiring. I could easily see Petersen just promoting Junior Adams since he has experience as an offensive coordinator.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put this in the game thread, but leach is worthy of posting here as well.

About a min in he's all salty on some reporter he doesn't like. Leach doing leach things.

As unprofessional as it is on Leach's behalf, you gotta love the guy. He's not going to bullshit at all. I can also understand why Leach was so salty. When you think about it, WSU is a really hard place to recruit and he has to make the best of what he can get. If I had to rank the most desirable places to go in the PAC-12 I think I'd probably put WSU near the bottom and I don't even hate WSU as much as most Dawg fans.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was of course thinking football today as I hung the xmas lights. Now as a "coach" I know there is always going to be "blowback" or "fans talking shit" and I should've seen this season playing out like it did.

I went and pulled some stats on CP since he's been here, ( granted I saw a couple tweets over the weeks posting them but I wanted to do a little more digging :

Over all since 2014 : 54-26
Conference since 2014: 34-20 ( Has only beaten Oregon Once !)
Conference titles : 2 (2016 and 2018)
Bowl wins : 1 ( Heart of frickn Dallas) been to 5 bowls to date

I guess watching Jimmy Jam lose again to Ohio St got me thinking today, CP has 3 10 win season's so far and 3 seasons under 8 wins. Granted those three seasons under 8 wins they finished 4-5 in conference games.

I guess I am torn a little or I should say I am going to tone back my expectation of this program. This isn't Clemson, Bama, Ohio ST. This program will never be the "blue chip" like those programs. And that's okay, they put kids into the NFL and do compete. But I guess my question is this, what happens if he can't beat Oregon again?

Does the fanbase, boosters start to beat the drum a little louder ( kinda like Michigan fans) when CP can't beat this school to the south?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't lose to Oregon, AND drop a game to a mediocre Cal team, AND lose a game late in the year to a team that won't go bowling, AND get completely dominated by a Stanford team again not going bowling.

It's not about Oregon. They lost to Oregon last year and still won the conference. I'd be fine with that. They should be in the mix for the conference title. If that's not happening over several years that drum should get beat hard.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More pressing is the 0-3 record in the NY6 bowl games. Two of them they could have won.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was of course thinking football today as I hung the xmas lights. Now as a "coach" I know there is always going to be "blowback" or "fans talking shit" and I should've seen this season playing out like it did.

I went and pulled some stats on CP since he's been here, ( granted I saw a couple tweets over the weeks posting them but I wanted to do a little more digging :

Over all since 2014 : 54-26
Conference since 2014: 34-20 ( Has only beaten Oregon Once !)
Conference titles : 2 (2016 and 2018)
Bowl wins : 1 ( Heart of frickn Dallas) been to 5 bowls to date

I guess watching Jimmy Jam lose again to Ohio St got me thinking today, CP has 3 10 win season's so far and 3 seasons under 8 wins. Granted those three seasons under 8 wins they finished 4-5 in conference games.

I guess I am torn a little or I should say I am going to tone back my expectation of this program. This isn't Clemson, Bama, Ohio ST. This program will never be the "blue chip" like those programs. And that's okay, they put kids into the NFL and do compete. But I guess my question is this, what happens if he can't beat Oregon again?

Does the fanbase, boosters start to beat the drum a little louder ( kinda like Michigan fans) when CP can't beat this school to the south?

I think the fan base is beating the drum pretty loudly as it is. As much as I love Chris Petersen, I don't think he cares what the fans have to say. I'll probably get some blowback for this, but we're not Alabama where we can lose most of our defensive starters, 4 year starting QB, one of the best running backs in school history and not anticipate that seasons like this to occasionally happen.

Not trying to make excuses because despite all of that we shouldn't have lost to Colorado, Cal and Stanford but shit like this happens occasionally. That all being said there need to be some serious changes in the offseason.

It's worth putting into perspective that 54 wins in a 6 year span is pretty damn good. Things do need to change but it's not like the house is on fire.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't lose to Oregon, AND drop a game to a mediocre Cal team, AND lose a game late in the year to a team that won't go bowling, AND get completely dominated by a Stanford team again not going bowling.

It's not about Oregon. They lost to Oregon last year and still won the conference. I'd be fine with that. They should be in the mix for the conference title. If that's not happening over several years that drum should get beat hard.

Realistically speaking Utah and Oregon just have better teams this year. The Cal, Colorado and Stanford losses are definitely unacceptable though.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fan base is beating the drum pretty loudly as it is. As much as I love Chris Petersen, I don't think he cares what the fans have to say. I'll probably get some blowback for this, but we're not Alabama where we can lose most of our defensive starters, 4 year starting QB, one of the best running backs in school history and not anticipate that seasons like this to occasionally happen.

Not trying to make excuses because despite all of that we shouldn't have lost to Colorado, Cal and Stanford but shit like this happens occasionally. That all being said there need to be some serious changes in the offseason.

It's worth putting into perspective that 54 wins in a 6 year span is pretty damn good. Things do need to change but it's not like the house is on fire.

The offensive play calling needs to be changed up

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More pressing is the 0-3 record in the NY6 bowl games. Two of them they could have won.

It's not an excuse, but we just aren't at the level of Penn State, Ohio State or Alabama at this point. I would've been surprised if we won any of those games.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive play calling needs to be changed up

Hamden obviously needs to go and I'm quite confused by the offensive line play and if I were Petersen I would definitely consider a replacement there as well. Huff has recruited extremely well, but I just can't fathom how an offensive line that consists of a number of guys who will be playing on Sundays has played the way they have.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an excuse, but we just aren't at the level of Penn State, Ohio State or Alabama at this point. I would've been surprised if we won any of those games.

Right now no. Those past Husky teams were good enough and should have beaten OSU and PSU. The Bama game I can take the loss with ease and was proud of the defense for holding them to 20pts.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamden obviously needs to go and I'm quite confused by the offensive line play and if I were Petersen I would definitely consider a replacement there as well. Huff has recruited extremely well, but I just can't fathom how an offensive line that consists of a number of guys who will be playing on Sundays has played the way they have.

The OL coach needs to go back and hit the tapes from previous years to fix this. I don't get it either.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now no. Those past Husky teams were good enough and should have beaten OSU and PSU. The Bama game I can take the loss with ease and was proud of the defense for holding them to 20pts.

The Fiesta Bowl and Rose Bowl were only close because Penn State and Ohio State took their foot off the gas in the second half IMO. We were down 14+ at halftime at both games.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL coach needs to go back and hit the tapes from previous years to fix this. I don't get it either.

I agree. With all the talent and experience we have on the offensive line, they should be playing much better. Either they're less talented than I think they are, or they haven't been adequately prepared to identify certain defensive schemes which falls on the coaches.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fiesta Bowl and Rose Bowl were only close because Penn State and Ohio State took their foot off the gas in the second half IMO. We were down 14+ at halftime at both games.

True, but they had chances when they made changes at the half.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. With all the talent and experience we have on the offensive line, they should be playing much better. Either they're less talented than I think they are, or they haven't been adequately prepared to identify certain defensive schemes which falls on the coaches.

Could be a combo of both. I know this is a young team but I'm not sure if that's also true on the line.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a combo of both. I know this is a young team but I'm not sure if that's also true on the line.

LT: Trey Adams (5th year senior)
LG: Luke Wattenberg (4th year junior)
C: Chris Harris (Senior)
RG: Jaxson Kirkland (Sophomore)
RT: Jared Hilbers (Senior)

The defensive issues can be blamed on inexperience, but those guys have a lot of experience and talent. Pretty sure that Hilbers, Adams and Harris are all expected to be drafted. This is a group that should be one of the best offensive lines in the country given the talent and the experience. They're not bad, but they should be much better.

The thing that stands out to me is that whenever faced with any type of blitz, for some reason it's not picked up. IMO that falls on the coaches not preparing them well enough.