• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess when you're 7-5 it's only right ESPN gets to rig a Bowl Game for ratings.....

What a screwed up football season..

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Most Important Underclassman Decisions of the 2020 NFL Draft

QB Jacob Eason, Washington

1. You know the big names at quarterback—Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert and Tua Tagovailoa—but every year there seems to be a surprise entry or late riser who makes noise in the first round. This year that could be Washington's big-armed junior Jacob Eason.

You might remember Eason as the quarterback at Georgia before Jake Fromm. He won the starting job there before injuring his knee and missing most of the 2017 season. He then transferred to Washington and sat out the 2018 season under NCAA rules. This year, he showed off the traits that had him ranked as a 5-star recruit coming out of high school.

There are warts with Eason—limited starting time is a big one, and critics will point to his struggles against better competition—but NFL coaches and scouts love big arms, tall quarterbacks and cocky passers. Eason is all three, and if he declares for the draft, he could become a first-round pick.

It's easy to imagine Bruce Arians thinking about Eason as a replacement for Jameis Winston, or Tom Telesco thinking Eason can be the heir apparent to Philip Rivers. With supply and demand way out of whack at quarterback, players with Eason's gifts rarely fall in the draft.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was a patient guy he would come back another year and get better. He’s only had two starting years in college, I know the risk of injury is always why these kids come out but he could very easily be the #1 pick next draft

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was a patient guy he would come back another year and get better. He’s only had two starting years in college, I know the risk of injury is always why these kids come out but he could very easily be the #1 pick next draft
I'm pulling for Dylan Morris. I've had the shits of immobile strong arm QB's. I want a QB that can move inside and outside the pocket.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for Dylan Morris. I've had the shits of immobile strong arm QB's. I want a QB that can move inside and outside the pocket.

I would agree about the mobile QB ( and agree you have the shits)

But

What are you going to do with all this speed at receiver coming in and your QB doesn't have the strength to put the ball down field? Whole point of the "mobile QB" is when he rolls to his right or left and can get his feet back under him and launch the ball down the field cause the corner came back up thinking QB was going to run it?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they make changes in who runs the offense, or at least add someone with better understanding of play design and adapting, I'd be fine with Eason coming back or with a more pocket passer in general.

Let's not forget that there were a ton of drops this year on balls hitting guys right on the money. If those weren't dropped, they don't lose a few of those games. It's not like they were getting blown out this year. It was little things killing them.