• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Colorado schemes against the offense was fantastic! Being a defensive coach you want to cause chaos for the opposing offense and they did. They targeted the zone run game of the Dawgs and just spaced themselves perfectly that linebackers were scrapping into the gaps and made clean tackles! As for the pass rush they pinned their ears back and went right after them, I think Trey Adams had his worst night of college football. The entire line was leaning forward and the speed and strength of the Buffs front four was way to much

Leaning on your analysis, it's concerning that the Huskies were out schemed by Colorado. We saw that against Stanford and hopefully this is a wake up call to Petersen that there needs to be better preparation.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tweet is probably the one thing that gives me some hope:

I’m not worried long term. Everyone reacts and gets weird with it, typical fan stuff. It’s a really frustrating season, and they’ve definitely got some shit to figure out, starting with Petersen, but all of the nutbags suggesting he’s done here are fucked.

Go back and look at Don James’ record his first 5 or 6 years, and look at all the seasons like this sprinkled throughout his tenure, if you ever need a reality check.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not worried long term. Everyone reacts and gets weird with it, typical fan stuff. It’s a really frustrating season, and they’ve definitely got some shit to figure out, starting with Petersen, but all of the nutbags suggesting he’s done here are fucked.

Go back and look at Don James’ record his first 5 or 6 years, and look at all the seasons like this sprinkled throughout his tenure, if you ever need a reality check.

Completely agree. All of these people calling for Petersen's head don't seem to realize that there aren't really any better options out there unless they actually believe that Urban Meyer would come out of retirement and come to UW.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaning on your analysis, it's concerning that the Huskies were out schemed by Colorado. We saw that against Stanford and hopefully this is a wake up call to Petersen that there needs to be better preparation.
sometimes a good ole fashion ass whooping has tendency of shaking the comfort level off coaches and shows them they need to address the game tendencies and be more creative, but I also think in some areas this season this staff was handcuffed due to the lack of experience they were putting out on the field

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not calling for Petersen's head, but this team under his leadership had one good year of offense and that's when he had Ross and Pettis to make up for mediocre play calling. That's it. The offense has not been a work in progress. It's stagnated. That's coaching.

I expect very little to improve as long as they have the same staff running it. It will get better a bit, but it won't go where it needs to if they expect to be a playoff caliber team anytime soon.

The defense wasn't consistent either, but they have a track record enough to give the benefit of the doubt that the youth was a major part of it.

You can't suck at offense every single year and not ask hard questions of that staff.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does make you wonder why they let all these QBs hit the transfer portal when they knew the big star would be here for one and done! It’s almost like they pushed all their chips in and called! Talk about a swing and a miss!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a senseless way I wish they weren't going to a bowl game.
I think they need to sit back and look at tape and see what could've been.

But reality is these younger guys still need the reps so a trip to Memphis Tennessee for income tax bowl game will be good work for them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seniors for this class right now have 39 wins over their career. That's a program record. I mean, sure they only played 11 games back when they were elite, but still. Going for 40 in whatever bowl they get into.

Disappointing season, but still a pretty solid career for that class.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else get the feeling this is likely to be the year Lake gets an offer he accepts? The offense once again not doing their part this year and his stock is pretty high. Just feels like someone is going to offer him a HC slot at a second tier school or a very high level DC he can't say no to.

Will this team be breaking in two new coordinators next year? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put this in the game thread, but leach is worthy of posting here as well.

About a min in he's all salty on some reporter he doesn't like. Leach doing leach things.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat thing for the Dawgs is Jimmy Lake going else where I think his head has got too big and it cost this defense from time to time

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat thing for the Dawgs is Jimmy Lake going else where I think his head has got too big and it cost this defense from time to time
The level of kids he's brought in for that secondary has been crazy.

While I agree the D would be better with him as secondary coach and K back at the helm, he's not why they weren't solid this year IMO. They lost way too many kids at LB and had no answers to fill in on D line for the rush they had the past few seasons.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put this in the game thread, but leach is worthy of posting here as well.

About a min in he's all salty on some reporter he doesn't like. Leach doing leach things.
As funny as this is, after seeing everyone pile on on social media, I kinda feel bad for the guy. He was actually being pretty reserved (for him), and was giving a lot of credit to UW, and they just kept jabbing him with Lake’s comments (from a couple years ago) and such. I get why he got pissed.

still funny and very Leach, of course.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As funny as this is, after seeing everyone pile on on social media, I kinda feel bad for the guy. He was actually being pretty reserved (for him), and was giving a lot of credit to UW, and they just kept jabbing him with Lake’s comments (from a couple years ago) and such. I get why he got pissed.

still funny and very Leach, of course.
I just want to know who that reporter was. He has history with him and doesn't like something/many things hes written. I'd love to go read some of it. lol

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know who that reporter was. He has history with him and doesn't like something/many things hes written. I'd love to go read some of it. lol
It’s a guy out of Spokane, from what I gathered. Didn’t get, or at least don’t remember his name.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a guy out of Spokane, from what I gathered. Didn’t get, or at least don’t remember his name.
didn't recognise the voice, but I sure want to go read his stuff now.

Seems he's more under Leach's skin than Softy is under Petersen's. :pound:

It wasn't a very tough question he asked. I mean a tad sarcastic maybe, but he didn't get a chance to run deep.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Spokesman-Review columnist John Blanchette that Leach went off on. Going to have to go browse some of his articles now lol.