• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much same thing I said. No unit or coach without blame and reality nothing positive to take from it. Really one of the worst losses of the Petersen era.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't one unit or one coach. This loss is maybe the worst of the Petersen era and is fully on everyone from that staff. There isn't one unit that did their job outside of maybe the kicker (odd to say that after the last few years). They were outplayed on both lines and dominated by freshman and no named kids.

You can pin this on Hamdan if you like, but this loss was FAR worse than that. You can't let Lake and the D staff off that easy. Backup QB that looked lost the week before and you can't make one damned adjustment at any point? Sure, the end of the game they were tired because of the offense, but they were dominated while they still had legs.

There isn't one person in that locker room that isn't accountable for some part of this pathetic showing.

Unfortunately I look at this game and can't come away with any positives. It doesn't make sense to me on any level.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next question is .. will Petersen hire a real OC for once.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on the rest of the season probably.

Let's face it, none of us had this team as a playoff team as it was. Everyone expected at least 2 losses and some had 3.

We know games like this can either break a team and leave them in a spiral, or they bounce back with intense focus and punish their next opponents.

Can't really get a handle on which way this will play out because nothing yesterday made any damned sense. Not one thing.

Hell, I'm too pissed off to bother to go see what Petersen had to say after that loss. I'm sure it wasn't anything that would make any of us feel better anyway.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the coaching staff got too antsy after that first half and started throwing the ball hoping for a big play or something. The fourth down attempt within field goal range is a perfect example of that. We were only down 3 going into the half but things looked really bad to me.

I would've stayed patient and continued running the ball but I think this loss really falls on the coaching staff.

They didn't and they lost this game cause of it!

Look I know Stanford eats clock, that is their MO forever under Shaw.
But to push the panic button that fast makes no damn sense!
Dawgs running game is back to what it use to be back in the 90's, the problem is the coaching staff doesn't see it. You pound the rock and take your shots off of play action. ( That's how Stanford beats them all the time)

And the two ESPN announcers sucked, " great tackling by the Huskies" news flash didpshits, it was piss poor tackling that lead to the Dawgs giving up so many points....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot DC as well!

Everyone needs to get off the damn Lake train, that defense was handed their asses by a bunch of freshmen!
Who was pushed around, and out coached, plus the piss poor tackling added on to it!

They talk about the talent on campus now, but where is it?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot DC as well!

Everyone needs to get off the damn Lake train, that defense was handed their asses by a bunch of freshmen!
Who was pushed around, and out coached, plus the piss poor tackling added on to it!

They talk about the talent on campus now, but where is it?
Yep, as I said this loss was on everyone except the kicker.

The whole staff failed and both lines got dominated. By a bunch of backup freshmen as well.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the press conference went like normal “ their schemes were better then ours”!

you know maybe I put to much stock into believing this team would be a lot better then what folks thought

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't and they lost this game cause of it!

Look I know Stanford eats clock, that is their MO forever under Shaw.
But to push the panic button that fast makes no damn sense!
Dawgs running game is back to what it use to be back in the 90's, the problem is the coaching staff doesn't see it. You pound the rock and take your shots off of play action. ( That's how Stanford beats them all the time)

And the two ESPN announcers sucked, " great tackling by the Huskies" news flash didpshits, it was piss poor tackling that lead to the Dawgs giving up so many points....

Good thing I must've missed the "great tackling by the Huskies" comment because I would've thrown my remote at the TV. I almost broke my table a number of times watching that game.

I'm not going to be one of those guys who shits on college football players but both Wellington and Manu have absolutely no reason to be playing ILB. From what I observed they lacked the instincts to read the play, lack the athleticism to shoot the gaps, and were getting bullzoned backwards on every inside run.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the press conference went like normal “ their schemes were better then ours”!

you know maybe I put to much stock into believing this team would be a lot better then what folks thought

I think this game highlights the importance of proper game planning. Props to Stanford because on paper the Huskies have a vastly better team but mistakes by the players aside, they won this game because the Huskies were out coached. Even with those mistakes by the players, if the Huskies weren't so thoroughly out coached they could've won that game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game highlights the importance of proper game planning. Props to Stanford because on paper the Huskies have a vastly better team but mistakes by the players aside, they won this game because the Huskies were out coached. Even with those mistakes by the players, if the Huskies weren't so thoroughly out coached they could've won that game.
The Huskies could have won the game if they had just run the fvcking ball.

Run the ball ... control the tempo while eating up the clock.

Run the ball ... keep your defense off the field and the shitty tackling becomes less of a factor.

Run the ball ... wear out the opposing teams defense while your RB's tear off longer and longer runs as the game progresses.

Run the ball and you don't have to worry about your shitty passing game seeing how you aren't throwing the ball.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskies could have won the game if they had just run the fvcking ball.

Run the ball ... control the tempo while eating up the clock.

Run the ball ... keep your defense off the field and the shitty tackling becomes less of a factor.

Run the ball ... wear out the opposing teams defense while your RB's tear off longer and longer runs as the game progresses.

Run the ball and you don't have to worry about your shitty passing game seeing how you aren't throwing the ball.

Agreed completely. I don't know the stat but I'm fairly certain that whoever wins the time of possession disproportionally wins the game.

Also once you become one dimensional, the passing game suffers unless it's garbage time.

Just look at the Seahawks. When is Russell Wilson at his best? When he has the run to set up the pass. I don't want to turn this into a conversation about the Seahawks or act like the NFL is similar to college football, but fans get frustrated with how much the Seahawks run the ball and don't utilize Wilson's elite ability - but IMO it's because having a run game established makes him much better.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot :

against Bama in the Semi
against Penn St in the Fiesta Bowl
against Ohio St in the Rose Bowl
against the Ducks in UGene last year

And back to back games against Cal!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone disagrees that the coaching blunders extends to those other games.

The talent on paper keeps getting better and the results are not. They have hit their ceiling as currently constructed.

Without some kind of breakout special player carrying the team they won't do more without changes at OC at the very least. Still not worried about the defense until someone grabs lake as a DC or HC somewhere else.

Yes the D was bad Saturday and against Cal, but it's youth and issues at LB more than coaching overall.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates on Richard Newton?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot :

against Bama in the Semi
against Penn St in the Fiesta Bowl
against Ohio St in the Rose Bowl
against the Ducks in UGene last year

And back to back games against Cal!

The first three I think were just a product of those teams having much more talent than the Huskies. Would've been nice if we could've done what Stanford did to us to them.

Ducks game I don't want to think about. I was a shit show at that game.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first three I think were just a product of those teams having much more talent than the Huskies. Would've been nice if we could've done what Stanford did to us to them.

Ducks game I don't want to think about. I was a shit show at that game.

:nono: Penn St and Ohio St they had chance in both games to win it in the 4th quarter....

I am done with the excuses," Oh the talent isn't there yet" , " Their young" , " The kicker missed",
Bullshit! It falls squarely on the coaching staff having this team in the right mind and body!
These are kids they recruited now, there is no more excuses. Its time to put out or shut up about being a top power 5 school!

What they built this program back up to only dominate the Cougs?
Hell if we wanted to see that we could watch the NBA