• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgs still 2TD favorite over Stanford. Seems a bit high to me. Like them to win, but not cover. Just feel like that offense will struggle a bit on the road this week.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

If the kid is practicing then suit him up and let him play!

Sometimes this stuff makes no damn sense!

If I were to speculate it's likely due to the fact that Aaron Fuller, Andre Baccellia and Chico McClatcher (the top 3 WRs on the depth chart) are all seniors. Also Fuller I believe had a hand issue so he might be out there running routes but can't catch passes that well.

Strong possibility they want to save his eligibility considering he would be the fourth string WR.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with this embarrassing lose, the Huskies will be off to a who gives a shit bowl game in mid December.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were out coached and out played on both sides of the ball. Can't say much more. Petersen hasn't been able to reach this team and has no real direction.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were out coached and out played on both sides of the ball. Can't say much more. Petersen hasn't been able to reach this team and has no real direction.
Washington vs. Stanford - Box Score - October 5, 2019 - ESPN

Stick to the running game and UW most likely walks away with a win tonight. 36 passing attempts vs 22 carries (19 if you don't count Eason's) even though UW RB's were averaging over 4 yards per carry tonight and their runs were getting longer and longer. It doesn't matter if your QB is missing reads, your WR's are dropping balls or your OL is missing blocks if you aren't throwing the ball now does it. For some odd reason UW tried to force the passing game when it wasn't happening. This shit is on the UW OC and Petersen. Don't even get me started on not attempting the FG and leaving points on the field.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't one unit or one coach. This loss is maybe the worst of the Petersen era and is fully on everyone from that staff. There isn't one unit that did their job outside of maybe the kicker (odd to say that after the last few years). They were outplayed on both lines and dominated by freshman and no named kids.

You can pin this on Hamdan if you like, but this loss was FAR worse than that. You can't let Lake and the D staff off that easy. Backup QB that looked lost the week before and you can't make one damned adjustment at any point? Sure, the end of the game they were tired because of the offense, but they were dominated while they still had legs.

There isn't one person in that locker room that isn't accountable for some part of this pathetic showing.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't one unit or one coach. This loss is maybe the worst of the Petersen era and is fully on everyone from that staff. There isn't one unit that did their job outside of maybe the kicker (odd to say that after the last few years). They were outplayed on both lines and dominated by freshman and no named kids.

You can pin this on Hamdan if you like, but this loss was FAR worse than that. You can't let Lake and the D staff off that easy. Backup QB that looked lost the week before and you can't make one damned adjustment at any point? Sure, the end of the game they were tired because of the offense, but they were dominated while they still had legs.

There isn't one person in that locker room that isn't accountable for some part of this pathetic showing.
Why did UW have 36 pass attempts vs 22 carries (19 if you don't count Eason's) even though UW RB's were averaging over 4 ypc tonight not to mention UW has the biggest OL in the conference and they're known for blowing Kenworth size holes for the RB's.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Shaw owns Petersen!

Outplayed, out coached!

Oh and I will say it again, if Ty Jones practiced this week he should've played!

A lot of talk about the talent in the WR room but they forgot one important thing when recruiting these studs, can they catch the damn ball?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Shaw owns Petersen!

Outplayed, out coached!

Oh and I will say it again, if Ty Jones practiced this week he should've played!

A lot of talk about the talent in the WR room but they forgot one important thing when recruiting these studs, can they catch the damn ball?
Lots of drops, but to be fair Eason was probably overthrowing a few of those. Particularly on timing routes when the ball was basically there as the receiver turns around while the ball is coming in hot. There were drops that should have been caught as well.

No idea why they refuse to play any of the younger guys that show so much promise, but clearly they don't trust them to the point where kids with a proven record of dropping passes in key downs are still a better option.

Someone in the media needs to push the question and ask what the hell they are doing.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to clue y'all in on something .. not that any of you actually give a shit ... but I can't sleep so I'll keep posting.

See this shit. If you have a killer OL and the leading rusher in the conference (Salvon Ahmed) and your passing game is pure shit ... you run the motherfvcking ball and you don't stop running it. Why in the fvck do you recruit these OL when you aren't going to use them to blow holes through the DL. There is no fvcking reason not to run the ball.

And I'm stealing this from @seahawksfan234

These are the four star offensive lineman that have been signed by Chris Petersen and their 247 rating. I'm stealing this from a comment I saw on UWDawgPound, but this is quite impressive:

2020 Myles Murao- 0.958
2020 Roger Rosengarten- 0.948
2017 Henry Bainivalu- 0.923
2020 Geirean Hatchett- 0.922
2015 Henry Roberts- 0.905
2016 Luke Wattenberg- 0.901
2014 Kaleb McGary- 0.897
2019 Julius Buelow- 0.896
2015 Trey Adams- 0.894
2019 Nate Kalepo- 0.894

2019 Troy Fautanu- 0.891

6 four star offensive linemen in the past two classes.

Responding to this here. I'm honestly at a loss as to what the fuck the Huskies were doing last night.

I don't know where to begin but these are my observations in no order. Don't really expect much debate over this, just typing this up feels like a nice release when I'm so pissed off.

1. How the hell was the pass protection so bad? This is a serious issue because for all of Eason's arm talent he really struggles under pressure. This was a veteran group that by most measures is extremely talented but they looked completely out matched.

2. Petersen really needs to let some of the younger WRs get a shot. I honestly don't believe that they could possibly be much worse than what we have right now. The dropped passes and the fact that Aaron Fuller was targeted 17 times really says something about the group in general.

3. Why the hell didn't they run the ball more?

4. The coaching was overall fucking awful. I wouldn't have gone for it on 4th and 3 or whatever it was when they did. Field goal would've been sufficient. I know it's a young defense but I noticed that they were frequently out of position and struggled with tackling. I think that falls on the coaches.

5. On defense the linebackers really aren't getting it done. The inside linebackers don't look like they belong on a PAC-12 defense. I can't really pinpoint one positive aspect from them. Manu and Wellington both lack instincts, closing speed and seemingly can't tackle. The interior did their job by eating up blocks, but once the Stanford running backs got past the line the linebackers were slow to react and frequently allowed the running back to fall forward for extra yards.

6. We only lost by 10 points but it felt a lot worse. I can't recall a time in the last 4-5 years in which I've seen the Huskies so thoroughly dominated at all phases and yes that includes the bowl games we played. If anyone can point out one positive thing about this game please let me know.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bring that up as well.
I know Newton went down but they still have two good backs makes no damn sense at all

I think the coaching staff got too antsy after that first half and started throwing the ball hoping for a big play or something. The fourth down attempt within field goal range is a perfect example of that. We were only down 3 going into the half but things looked really bad to me.

I would've stayed patient and continued running the ball but I think this loss really falls on the coaching staff.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the coaching staff got too antsy after that first half and started throwing the ball hoping for a big play or something. The fourth down attempt within field goal range is a perfect example of that. We were only down 3 going into the half but things looked really bad to me.

I would've stayed patient and continued running the ball but I think this loss really falls on the coaching staff.
Washington vs. Arizona State - Box Score - October 14, 2017 - ESPN <--- deja vu

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of drops, but to be fair Eason was probably overthrowing a few of those. Particularly on timing routes when the ball was basically there as the receiver turns around while the ball is coming in hot. There were drops that should have been caught as well.

No idea why they refuse to play any of the younger guys that show so much promise, but clearly they don't trust them to the point where kids with a proven record of dropping passes in key downs are still a better option.

Someone in the media needs to push the question and ask what the hell they are doing.

Agreed on Eason.

It's kind of a strange thing to say but even on shorter routes it's like he throws the ball with too much velocity at times. The WRs should catch those balls but it gets to them so quickly it's like they don't react in time. It's like throwing a 100mph fastball someone 10 feet in front of you. A lot of the drops are on the WRs but some of them I feel could be a product of him throwing harder than necessary and the receivers not having enough time to react.

I feel stupid typing that and it could be a stupid thing to say but maybe he should throw those passes with a bit more touch.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Eason.

It's kind of a strange thing to say but even on shorter routes it's like he throws the ball with too much velocity at times. The WRs should catch those balls but it gets to them so quickly it's like they don't react in time. It's like throwing a 100mph fastball someone 10 feet in front of you. A lot of the drops are on the WRs but some of them I feel could be a product of him throwing harder than necessary and the receivers not having enough time to react.

I feel stupid typing that and it could be a stupid thing to say but maybe he should throw those passes with a bit more touch.
Eason has about zero touch to his throws. That's not a big deal on long throws but it kills the short passing game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really wish those people on Husky Nation would stop saying that Petersen isn't a good coach/needs to be replaced. I think the issue at hand is the assistant coaches - specifically Hamden.

Another thing people should realize is that it's not easy replacing your 9 best defensive players, a 4 year starting QB and one of the best runningbacks in UW history. Obviously there are going to be some issues when you've got so many young and inexperienced guys out there.

I have incredibly high expectations of the team and the staff, but it's like people think we're Alabama and can just lose players and remain dominant. Realistically speaking we're not there yet and if you want to replace a head coach whenever you don't meet those expectations that's just delusional.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eason has about zero touch to his throws. That's not a big deal on long throws but it kills the short passing game.

It's frustrating because he has all the talent in the world but he needs to realize you don't need to throw a 120mph fast ball to a WR that's 5 yards in front of you with separation. There needs to be a bit more situational awareness there and he needs to improve on that.