• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook: Scouts' Biggest 2020 NFL Draft Surprises so Far

Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

Scout's take: "Talent has never been the issue. But he got hurt [at Georgia], and Jake Fromm stole his job. He has a massive arm and can move around. I think the biggest questions with him will be decision-making and maturity, but on the field, he's beautiful."

Eason posted a nearly perfect stat line against a good BYU team (24-of-28, 290 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT), which may have given him a bigger spotlight in the national conversation about this year's top quarterbacks. Eason, as the scout says, has never lacked for talent. He had the best arm at Georgia with Fromm there, and teammates have told me it's stronger than Justin Fields'. The key with Eason will be control and decision-making. Right now he looks a little wild, but Huskies coach Chris Petersen has time to mold him into something special.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook: Scouts' Biggest 2020 NFL Draft Surprises so Far

Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

Scout's take: "Talent has never been the issue. But he got hurt [at Georgia], and Jake Fromm stole his job. He has a massive arm and can move around. I think the biggest questions with him will be decision-making and maturity, but on the field, he's beautiful."

Eason posted a nearly perfect stat line against a good BYU team (24-of-28, 290 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT), which may have given him a bigger spotlight in the national conversation about this year's top quarterbacks. Eason, as the scout says, has never lacked for talent. He had the best arm at Georgia with Fromm there, and teammates have told me it's stronger than Justin Fields'. The key with Eason will be control and decision-making. Right now he looks a little wild, but Huskies coach Chris Petersen has time to mold him into something special.

Eason has looked really good this season. My biggest concern regarding him is when he faces pressure he struggles. At times he has looked relatively indecisive, but man some of the throws he can make are just incredible to say the least.

I'm no scout, but I believe his arm talent alone is enough to make him a first round talent. He still needs polishing, but if he were to declare for the draft after this season I could see him going in the first two rounds even if he has a mediocre rest of the season. He can do things with his arm that many NFL QBs cannot do.

The Bills drafted Josh Allen in the top 10 and Eason doesn't have Allen's mobility, but I think Eason's ability as a passer is superior and they have a similar skill set in that regard.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eason has looked really good this season. My biggest concern regarding him is when he faces pressure he struggles. At times he has looked relatively indecisive, but man some of the throws he can make are just incredible to say the least.

I'm no scout, but I believe his arm talent alone is enough to make him a first round talent. He still needs polishing, but if he were to declare for the draft after this season I could see him going in the first two rounds even if he has a mediocre rest of the season. He can do things with his arm that many NFL QBs cannot do.

The Bills drafted Josh Allen in the top 10 and Eason doesn't have Allen's mobility, but I think Eason's ability as a passer is superior and they have a similar skill set in that regard.
He's going to face some serious pressure with USC. They have one of the better DL's in the country. Hopefully he can catch them off guard early with some quick screen passes. Hopefully UW has a healthy Ahmed back for tomorrow's game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry a bit about the defense - especially due to the inexperience. They will improve but USC will be the first real test. I don't want to shit on UW players but it has been a while since UW ILBs have played this poorly.
The key imo on defense is stopping SC's WR's from making big plays ... Pittman goes 6' 4" and has a 40" vertical leap.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EFgRR5cU0AAxdFh