• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to brag but maybe he read my bashing of him and the Yankster and decided to change his mind!

:heh:

Happy to hear this. Perhaps he didn't know Yankoff was also entering the portal.

I was more surprised about him entering the portal than Yankoff. His dad is a prof at UW and he grew up in the PNW.

I was somewhat pessimistic about either of them withdrawing their names from the portal, but I'm happy I was wrong.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to hear this. Perhaps he didn't know Yankoff was also entering the portal.

I was more surprised about him entering the portal than Yankoff. His dad is a prof at UW and he grew up in the PNW.

I was somewhat pessimistic about either of them withdrawing their names from the portal, but I'm happy I was wrong.
His dad was quoted yesterday saying that it was very hard for the young man to even make the jump to another school

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huskynfl1.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His dad was quoted yesterday saying that it was very hard for the young man to even make the jump to another school

Great news he's staying. We would've been fine without him, but obviously we're better with him than without him.

I just hope his teammates don't hold it against him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Mr. Hometown Hero' lulz

He looks like he has fetal alcohol syndrome.

I know there is the whole "oh he's just a kid don't judge him" bullshit, but he's essentially an adult and makes T.O. look humble.

I'm essentially repeating what I said yesterday, but thank God he's such an narcissistic egotistical prick. Makes it a little easier that he isn't going to commit to UW.

Even if by some miracle he commits to UW, he'll be the last person I'm rooting for on the roster.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really excited about Jackson Sirmon. I read all the Spring camp articles by the Athletic and Seattle Times and it seemed like he was always making plays.

From what I've read, it appears senior Brandon Wellington seems like a lock at inside linebacker and senior Kyler Manu was getting first team reps at ILB, but I could definitely see Sirmon sneaking his way into Manu's spot.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is the fav more often than not from the south, but so much contention for the North. Lots of places entirely ignoring Oregon's road history and their schedule next year and taking them anyway. Seems not draft kings.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somewhat ambitious.

10 as an over/under was reasonable last year, but this year is a bit different with all the guys we've lost. Even with all of the physical talent that Eason possesses, he is still a wild-card assuming he wins the position. I also have concerns with Eason in Washington's offense. He's sort of the antithesis of the QBs who UW has recruited and who have thrived under Petersen. I don't really know if his strengths are a good fit for our offense and I don't have faith in Hamden to make the appropriate adjustments.

My negativity and concerns aside, the Huskies are fortunate that their schedule is vary favorable for them this year in terms of home/away games.

Our toughest opponents (Oregon, Utah and WSU) are all home games which bodes quite well for us. Since I'm bored and waiting to head to the bars, here are some stats about UW since the 2015 Apple Cup:

Games: 21
Record: 20-1 (14 game winning streak)
Record vs. Top 25 teams: 4-1
Points scored: 843 (40.1 PPG)
Points allowed: 296 (14.1 PPG)

The only time during that span in which the Huskies scored less than 27 points was in the 2016 13-26 loss to the Trojans. They scored 40+ in 13 of those games.

Pretty sure the Huskies are favored in most, if not all of their games on the schedule so unless they really shit the bed at home, 10 wins seems reasonable if the defense is able to once again produce results and Eason is even average.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty great article. I had no idea that Sam "Taki" Taimani played WR before eventually moving to the offensive line.

I also hadn't ever watched his highlights because offensive line highlights aren't exactly the most exciting to watch, but he was absolutely wrecking guys. All the reports I've read seem to indicate that he will likely be one of the starters on the defensive line.

I don't think he played DL in HS, but he has clearly made the transition well:

Two moments that demonstrate why UW Huskies D-lineman Sam Taimani could soon be a fan favorite