• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Soon Does Lebron Regret His Decision?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it's all said and donw 6-0 in the finals is what puts Jordan ahead of everyone outside maybe those Celtics greats. For whatever reason, those wins were seen more as a team accomplishment because I rarely see Bill mentioned as a possible GOAT by anyone but Celtics fans.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh.
I guess if must be based on who you are debating then.

James losing in Finals, to me, is equal or better reasoning in a debate vs Jordan losing in much earlier rounds.

You'll get no argument from the vast majority that Jordan is a much more all time clutch player though.

Yeah, the parameters do seem to change depending on that.:lol:

The most consistent seems to be that MJ has 6 rings and never lost in the finals though. I agree that in it's way, Lebron getting that Cavs team to the finals was one of the more amazing accomplishments I've seen. But end of the day, it still goes in the L column. No moral victories.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to take this thread more seriously but point counter point is lost art, and some people bury themselves with their own words. Really dull after a while.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it's all said and donw 6-0 in the finals is what puts Jordan ahead of everyone outside maybe those Celtics greats. For whatever reason, those wins were seen more as a team accomplishment because I rarely see Bill mentioned as a possible GOAT by anyone but Celtics fans.
Jordan played with some darn good players.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6-0 in finals only puts him ahead of LeBron for some people. Jordan also got swept out of the first round of the playoffs twice. he lost in the first round 3 times. LeBron never lost in the first round. I for one don't buy the argument that losing in the finals is somehow a negative on your resume while getting swept out of the first round isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-0 in finals only puts him ahead of LeBron for some people. Jordan also got swept out of the first round of the playoffs twice. he lost in the first round 3 times. LeBron never lost in the first round. I for one don't by the argument that losing in the finals is somehow a negative on your resume while getting swept out of the first round isn't.
A very good point. :clap:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but to the point of the overall thread. way to early for LeBron to be regretting it. chemistry takes time. he has an opt out after this year.. and completely out after next. So if he regrets it, he can get out.

When he went to Cleveland, I viewed Kyrie as the biggest question mark. Wade took a back seat in Miami. Kyrie dominates the ball. So does LeBron. One has to take a back seat. Only one ball. Wade was older, had his ring, and had knees that were beginning to go. I think those things made it easier for Wade to go to the Robin role. Kyrie should go to the Robin role... but I am not convinced he does.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but to the point of the overall thread. way to early for LeBron to be regretting it. chemistry takes time. he has an opt out after this year.. and completely out after next. So if he regrets it, he can get out.

When he went to Cleveland, I viewed Kyrie as the biggest question mark. Wade took a back seat in Miami. Kyrie dominates the ball. So does LeBron. One has to take a back seat. Only one ball. Wade was older, had his ring, and had knees that were beginning to go. I think those things made it easier for Wade to go to the Robin role. Kyrie should go to the Robin role... but I am not convinced he does.

Yeah, I think the only way he ends up regretting it is if he doesn't get at least 1 ring.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie is too much of a ball hog to let LeBron be the man.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade had also won a championship when James got there and was unselfish enough to take the back seat.

Irving? He hasn't ever made the postseason, much less win a title. We'll see if he can take a backseat to James, I doubt it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love will fit in seamlessly.....like a glove. The power struggle will be between James and Irving.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not fair to put the onus on Kyrie, it was his team and he signed that contract with James no where to be found.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not fair to put the onus on Kyrie, it was his team and he signed that contract with James no where to be found.

Maybe not, but that's pro sports. The Cavs may have been "his team", but a better player came along. The Heat were D-Wade's team for much longer than the Cavs have been Kyrie's team and he took a step back when the better player joined his team.

D-Wade had also accomplished a hell of a lot more in his career than Kyrie has, so if Wade can take a step back, Kyrie certainly has no excuse not to. I'm no Lebron fan, but if Kyrie wants to win, he'll stfu, let Lebron lead the team and try to learn a few things from him.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not, but that's pro sports. The Cavs may have been "his team", but a better player came along. The Heat were D-Wade's team for much longer than the Cavs have been Kyrie's team and he took a step back when the better player joined his team.

D-Wade had also accomplished a hell of a lot more in his career than Kyrie has, so if Wade can take a step back, Kyrie certainly has no excuse not to. I'm no Lebron fan, but if Kyrie wants to win, he'll stfu, let Lebron lead the team and try to learn a few things from him.

Also whether fair or not this alienated Kyrie. It really is up to both of them to be men about it though. If Lebron has it in him handle it. No reason why LBJ cant take over if Kyrie can. BTW the coach should be handling this team......

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs win four straight, Lebron goes off and is now the league's leading scorer...this thread goes flat line. Funny how that works.