• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giannis with a chance to be a generational player

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is not only an incredible basketball player but he's a likeable player. Easily can be the face of the NBA in a couple years. He's a guy you want to root for.

His test will come when he becomes a free agent. This is where LeBron failed miserably. The Decision was maybe the worst decision one could make because even after all of LeBron's accomplishments, that infamous decision will forever loom over his legacy. Not the fact he left for Miami, but how he did it, how he announced it.

I think had LeBron stayed in Cleveland this entire time, never went to Miami, but in 2016 was able to win Cleveland a title, after all those years of trying and getting close, would be one of the greatest sport stories ever. The hometown kid stuck with his NBA franchise, eventually overcoming it all and winning a title. Then him leaving for L.A. to create super team would be I think well received by everyone and also understood. The guy would have put so many years in Cleveland and literally lifting them from the ashes, won them a title, and now wants to ride off into the sunset with a historic franchise on a super team.

When Free Agency comes, I hope Giannis decides to stick with the Bucks. Granted, Milwaukee is a bit more better managed in the Front Office and has a good supporting cast and a good coach, but I think Giannis showing he doesn't need a big market, and wants to stay loyal to the franchise that invested in him would be awesome. Hope he stays in Milwaukee and wins a couple titles.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only there was a Milwaukee fan around here to appreciate this post....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he wanted to come to Portland and team with Lillard, then I would be OK with that.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the pistons and training dombouua would be awesome

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should go to Chicago, definitely.

In all honesty, if Giannis was to ever leave Milwaukee, it would be a team like the Bull's are today he would join...

It means a team with deep and talented young roster which only lucks a leader and his place on the team would immediately be to have command in the locker room.

It's his character that is different.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he wanted to come to Portland and team with Lillard, then I would be OK with that.

He should go to Chicago, definitely.

With the pistons and training dombouua would be awesome

Pfft!! He coming to the Lakers...just like everyone else...

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, if Giannis was to ever leave Milwaukee, it would be a team like the Bull's are today he would join...

It means a team with deep and talented young roster which only lucks a leader and his place on the team would immediately be to have command in the locker room.

It's his character that is different.

Would you still be a fan of the Bucks if he goes to Chicago?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is not only an incredible basketball player but he's a likeable player. Easily can be the face of the NBA in a couple years. He's a guy you want to root for.

His test will come when he becomes a free agent. This is where LeBron failed miserably. The Decision was maybe the worst decision one could make because even after all of LeBron's accomplishments, that infamous decision will forever loom over his legacy. Not the fact he left for Miami, but how he did it, how he announced it.

I think had LeBron stayed in Cleveland this entire time, never went to Miami, but in 2016 was able to win Cleveland a title, after all those years of trying and getting close, would be one of the greatest sport stories ever. The hometown kid stuck with his NBA franchise, eventually overcoming it all and winning a title. Then him leaving for L.A. to create super team would be I think well received by everyone and also understood. The guy would have put so many years in Cleveland and literally lifting them from the ashes, won them a title, and now wants to ride off into the sunset with a historic franchise on a super team.

When Free Agency comes, I hope Giannis decides to stick with the Bucks. Granted, Milwaukee is a bit more better managed in the Front Office and has a good supporting cast and a good coach, but I think Giannis showing he doesn't need a big market, and wants to stay loyal to the franchise that invested in him would be awesome. Hope he stays in Milwaukee and wins a couple titles.

That wasn't realistic though..if he would have stayed in Cleveland...they would have never had Kyrie, the ownership refused to pay stars and they couldn't brings stars to CLE in their prime regardless. THAT TEAM WAS STUCK AND LEBRON WAS THE ONLY REAL ASSET. It was still one of the greatest NBA championships of all-time and the greatest comeback of all-time regardless of him going to Miami then coming back but mainly due to the historic GS team and that rivalry as well...and then instead of 1 he had 3 titles and gained knowledge of a true championship experience from Miami and Riley.
If Giannis continues to lose over the next couple years it will only be a matter of time until he wants to win...that's what it's about nowadays. But this is the team he will have to win with...other than making small moves this is the main core Giannis and Middleton. This is the year he has to win though imo...KD and Kyrie out for the Nets. The East has some very good teams that can compete but MIL will be the clear favorite. GS in the West has injuries this year. But if you can't win with this core it will only be a matter of time until he will want out getting so close again and again, like Lebron, he will bolt.

The good thing for Giannis and for MIL long-term to keeping him there is this team has a MUCH better core to win it all than Lebron ever had in Lebron first 7 years...Lebron was getting to the Finals and leading his team to 60 wins with scraps compared to what Giannis has.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't realistic though..if he would have stayed in Cleveland...they would have never had Kyrie, the ownership refused to pay stars and they couldn't brings stars to CLE in their prime regardless. THAT TEAM WAS STUCK AND LEBRON WAS THE ONLY REAL ASSET. It was still one of the greatest NBA championships of all-time and the greatest comeback of all-time regardless of him going to Miami then coming back but mainly due to the historic GS team and that rivalry as well...and then instead of 1 he had 3 titles and gained knowledge of a true championship experience from Miami and Riley.
If Giannis continues to lose over the next couple years it will only be a matter of time until he wants to win...that's what it's about nowadays. But this is the team he will have to win with...other than making small moves this is the main core Giannis and Middleton. This is the year he has to win though imo...KD and Kyrie out for the Nets. The East has some very good teams that can compete but MIL will be the clear favorite. GS in the West has injuries this year. But if you can't win with this core it will only be a matter of time until he will want out getting so close again and again, like Lebron, he will bolt.

The good thing for Giannis and for MIL long-term to keeping him there is this team has a MUCH better core to win it all than Lebron ever had in Lebron first 7 years...Lebron was getting to the Finals and leading his team to 60 wins with scraps compared to what Giannis has.

I get what you're saying about Giannis and Milwaukee. But I think LeBron could have won one if he eventually stuck it out in Cleveland. Yes, they wouldn't have gotten Kyrie, but with players moving around as they do now, I think LeBron would have been able to attract a Big 3 to Cleveland eventually, had he stuck it out. Management tried to give LeBron help, the problem was LeBron kept getting coaches fired. LeBron ran the show in Cleveland (both times) and maybe what he gained from his Miami days was how to run a front office correctly. Got to see how Riley ran things, then came back and relayed that knowledge to the cavaliers.

But I think LeBron would have been able to eventually win one in Cleveland without his Heat experience. I'd also almost argue that him leaving Cleveland the second time is worse then when he left the first time. Sure, not as bad as a sting as the first time as now he leaves having won a title, but he got a ton of guys on that roster PAID, and now Cleveland is stuck with a ton of crappy contracts, and of course with those old vet players on lucrative deals thanks to LeBron, Cleveland is also trying to rebuild and having to do so through younger players. He left Cleveland this time in the same talent mess as he did the first time, just this time he got a lot of guys left to get their money.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying about Giannis and Milwaukee. But I think LeBron could have won one if he eventually stuck it out in Cleveland. Yes, they wouldn't have gotten Kyrie, but with players moving around as they do now, I think LeBron would have been able to attract a Big 3 to Cleveland eventually, had he stuck it out. Management tried to give LeBron help, the problem was LeBron kept getting coaches fired. LeBron ran the show in Cleveland (both times) and maybe what he gained from his Miami days was how to run a front office correctly. Got to see how Riley ran things, then came back and relayed that knowledge to the cavaliers.

But I think LeBron would have been able to eventually win one in Cleveland without his Heat experience. I'd also almost argue that him leaving Cleveland the second time is worse then when he left the first time. Sure, not as bad as a sting as the first time as now he leaves having won a title, but he got a ton of guys on that roster PAID, and now Cleveland is stuck with a ton of crappy contracts, and of course with those old vet players on lucrative deals thanks to LeBron, Cleveland is also trying to rebuild and having to do so through younger players. He left Cleveland this time in the same talent mess as he did the first time, just this time he got a lot of guys left to get their money.

I get the logic..."Lebron is a top 3 player of all-time so surely he could have won" but did you really look at their roster and consider future assets (none)? They tried recruiting stars like Bosh, Wade, CP3 and others and nobody wanted in. They didn't have real assets or picks to EVEN trade for a star.

Lebron James
Mo Williams

That was it.

Then you had a bunch of role players, aging veterans or guys that had little to no value on this team at this point. That team was going nowhere, even with some decent moves getting better ROLE players...they didn't have many assets for the future bc if Lebron stayed they would still be a top 3 team in the East but they could never truly win a title with that core...other teams had way more talent and depth.

And your point about him leaving the 2nd time was worse? Not really, it was basically the same as the 1st except the team had more talent. But the team had little to no assets and picks...Kyrie was gone (their only real asset other than Lebron the year before). It was pretty much identical to his first go around.
- Top 3 or 4 seed with Lebron
- Too many superteams and talented teams elsewhere
- No draft capital
- Capped out and not able to attract stars regardless

CLE is fine now, only 2 years after Lebron leaving. All those contracts were either traded, swapped for other expiring contracts with picks or just will expire this offseason. They have probably one of the youngest rosters in the NBA, draft picks and a ton of cap space...but as I said before, they will not be able to attract star FA's. It will always be like that. They will have to use the draft and trade...the reason why they traded expiring contracts for a guy like Drummond...bc why not take a chance? They really have nothing to lose.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so many of "the greatests"

so much talent in that series, the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA bar-none, likely/arguably the greatest shot in the history of the NBA, insanely talented rosters on both sides LeBron- #2 all time in NBA history at the height of his powers- with the defining play of his entire career- the play that will be the hammer on every montage of his.....just totally insane.
if the Houston Astros championship is one of the least great championships of all time, the total opposite is true of the Cavs.

and you are totally correect- Cavs are doing the right thing rebuilding---

but at some point they have to get a THE GUY---- right now they have some nice pieces- and MAYBE Garland or Porter can develop into a great player, but they still need their GUY it looks like

this draft does not look great for it, but ya never know.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the logic..."Lebron is a top 3 player of all-time so surely he could have won" but did you really look at their roster and consider future assets (none)? They tried recruiting stars like Bosh, Wade, CP3 and others and nobody wanted in. They didn't have real assets or picks to EVEN trade for a star.

Lebron James
Mo Williams

That was it.

Then you had a bunch of role players, aging veterans or guys that had little to no value on this team at this point. That team was going nowhere, even with some decent moves getting better ROLE players...they didn't have many assets for the future bc if Lebron stayed they would still be a top 3 team in the East but they could never truly win a title with that core...other teams had way more talent and depth.

And your point about him leaving the 2nd time was worse? Not really, it was basically the same as the 1st except the team had more talent. But the team had little to no assets and picks...Kyrie was gone (their only real asset other than Lebron the year before). It was pretty much identical to his first go around.
- Top 3 or 4 seed with Lebron
- Too many superteams and talented teams elsewhere
- No draft capital
- Capped out and not able to attract stars regardless

CLE is fine now, only 2 years after Lebron leaving. All those contracts were either traded, swapped for other expiring contracts with picks or just will expire this offseason. They have probably one of the youngest rosters in the NBA, draft picks and a ton of cap space...but as I said before, they will not be able to attract star FA's. It will always be like that. They will have to use the draft and trade...the reason why they traded expiring contracts for a guy like Drummond...bc why not take a chance? They really have nothing to lose.

You kidding me?

You guys had Warrior legend Donyell Marshall for 3 years and couldn't get it done. I don't want to hear no excuses.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I think LeBron would have been able to eventually win one in Cleveland without his Heat experience.

I don't think so. During his first 7 years, the Cavs never showed a willingness/ability to do what was necessary to win a title.

I think him leaving shook them up and that's why they were willing to make the moves/spend the money to get a title.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stopped reading when you said LeBron's idiotic Decision will loom over his legacy. You sound like wiggy (a hater) that said his legacy is forever ruined because he didn't carry the Lakers to the playoffs last year.