• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAWN...

Compensatory picks. In addition to the 32 selections in each of the seven rounds, a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams based on the players they lost and gained in free agency. Using a proprietary formula, the league defines a class of unrestricted free agents as "compensatory free agents ("CFA").

Please note the phrase “lost gained in FREE AGENCY”.

Here is a link to ALL the Eagles players who will be FREE AGENTS in 2019.

2019 NFL Free Agents Tracker

You will see that Nick Foles name does NOT appear on that list. Why? Because he has a CLUB OPTION the the Eagles may/may not pick up next year. That means he’s NOT a “free agent” and therefore not part of the compensatory pick formula that the NFL uses.

However, don’t let the above stop you from continuing to spew nonsense. Stay stupid.

No problem there. He's a natural.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everybody’s backup isn’t very good. He has the potential to catch fire and he knows the system. He’s really up and down but they don’t have a legit replacement if we got rid of him today. All this to try and tell us that Wentz is not very good. We got your take. Wentz fucking sucks. Do you need to bring it up every single day or are you just a really lonely person like Handicappers and say... I’m bored. Let me see if I can post some stupid shit and get some attention. It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. We got it. Wentz sucks. Thanks for the brilliant insight.
Its funny because thats the shit pe1 does anytime he posts here

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just saw a crazy stat. big ben is 17th in qb rating..........yowza, picks and sacks, fumbles

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok @PhoenixEagles1 you have dementia, you most certainly said that. Im not digging through your countless eagles threads to find it. but whatever, if your gonna start with bullshit ratings, im going to go postal and tag every post you have with one, because you spew shit non stop

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn’t agree more!! The talk all off season was “let’s keep foles as an insurance policy for Wentz”. Despite @PhoenixEagles1 and others declaring Wentz was “ahead of schedule” and “looking sharp” all preseason the eagles held onto foles.

Now, according to the Wentz fanboys he’s “clearly better than foles” and a “superstar” yet the eagles don’t trade him to any one of a number of teams for either a pick or a player to help them win now.

Tells me a lot about what this team really thinks.

Or it could be because he's not starter material and nobody will give up anything of "value" to the Eagles for him. He has value to the Eagles as a "backup" as injuries happen all the time ... so the Eagles aren't going to trade him just for scraps. Just common sense for most ...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could be because he's not starter material and nobody will give up anything of "value" to the Eagles for him. He has value to the Eagles as a "backup" as injuries happen all the time ... so the Eagles aren't going to trade him just for scraps. Just common sense for most ...

What’s the value? You have a “superstar” at QB. Why do you need Foles?

Did you seriously just say that the SB MVP is not considered a “starter” in this league? That’s laughable. You mean to tell me that some team who sucks right now and is about to draft a young QB in the next draft wouldn’t want Foles as a bridge for that young QB? Bwhahaha.

The Wentz fanboys know no limits

Last edited:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we can have a back up QB. He’s gone at the end of the season and we will get a compensatory pick for him... that’s why.
No circles there Handiclone.

This entire argument is WRONG because it’s based upon the incorrect belief that the Eagles will get a compensatory pick for Foles when they decline to pick up his option.

Stay stupid.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I was troll and now I’m a dick. Is that right? Sorry to inform you but exposing your circular reasoning makes me neither.

yes

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the value? You have a “superstar” at QB. Why do you need Foles?

Did you seriously just say that the SB MVP is not considered a “starter” in this league? That’s laughable. You mean to tell me that some team who sucks right now and is about to draft a young QB in the next draft wouldn’t want Foles as a bridge for that young QB? Bwhahaha.

The Wentz fanboys know no limits

A proven "backup" QB has value to the team he is on ... but Foles fell on his face when given the chance not once but twice with the Rams and again with the Chiefs as a starter (so much so that he considered retirement). He stood on his head for 2 games in the post season and for that I will forever be grateful ... but he's nothing more than a backup. The Eagles value him as a backup (stay with me now) as injury could hit at any time ... they value that "insurance" more than they would value some middle to late round draft pick (which is likely Foles' value). No team out there would give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for Foles as this moment in time ... so there was no deal made. It's really not rocket science ...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A proven "backup" QB has value to the team he is on ... but Foles fell on his face when given the chance not once but twice with the Rams and again with the Chiefs as a starter (so much so that he considered retirement). He stood on his head for 2 games in the post season and for that I will forever be grateful ... but he's nothing more than a backup. The Eagles value him as a backup (stay with me now) as injury could hit at any time ... they value that "insurance" more than they would value some middle to late round draft pick (which is likely Foles' value). No team out there would give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for Foles as this moment in time ... so there was no deal made. It's really not rocket science ...
You do realize we’re playing off the many eagles fans that stirred up foles in the off-season, stated he was worth two firsts, and clamored on and on. I mean you get that right

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAWN...

Compensatory picks. In addition to the 32 selections in each of the seven rounds, a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams based on the players they lost and gained in free agency. Using a proprietary formula, the league defines a class of unrestricted free agents as "compensatory free agents ("CFA").

Please note the phrase “lost gained in FREE AGENCY”.

Here is a link to ALL the Eagles players who will be FREE AGENTS in 2019.

2019 NFL Free Agents Tracker

You will see that Nick Foles name does NOT appear on that list. Why? Because he has a CLUB OPTION the the Eagles may/may not pick up next year. That means he’s NOT a “free agent” and therefore not part of the compensatory pick formula that the NFL uses.

However, don’t let the above stop you from continuing to spew nonsense. Stay stupid.

Are you 100% certain that Foles is unable to count as a compensatory free agent? Because without knowing the exact rules on eligible players and without knowing the exact details of this “option” for Foles and the Eagles, I’m not sure you can really say that Foles will definitely not be factored into the compensatory pick formula.

But nice try.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you 100% certain that Foles is unable to count as a compensatory free agent? Because without knowing the exact rules on eligible players and without knowing the exact details of this “option” for Foles and the Eagles, I’m not sure you can really say that Foles will definitely not be factored into the compensatory pick formula.

But nice try.
Can u say that he will, with certainty