• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting the sauce early today ... at least you have that going for ya

Hitting the Wentz gizz kinda early, aren’t you?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz is so good how did the Eagles manage to make it thru the playoffs and win the SB without him? :scratch:
Eagles greatness all around surrounding and suffocating you and opponents.:nod:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see this trade deadline as an affirmation about the eagles thoughts on wentz, his recovery, and foles.

if wentz was healthy, and truly great, theres so many qb needy teams that would of given a kings ransom for a super bowl mvp QB.

But the eagles held on to him................why?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see this trade deadline as an affirmation about the eagles thoughts on wentz, his recovery, and foles.

if wentz was healthy, and truly great, theres so many qb needy teams that would of given a kings ransom for a super bowl mvp QB.

Couldn’t agree more!! The talk all off season was “let’s keep foles as an insurance policy for Wentz”. Despite @PhoenixEagles1 and others declaring Wentz was “ahead of schedule” and “looking sharp” all preseason the eagles held onto foles.

Now, according to the Wentz fanboys he’s “clearly better than foles” and a “superstar” yet the eagles don’t trade him to any one of a number of teams for either a pick or a player to help them win now.

Tells me a lot about what this team really thinks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn’t agree more!! The talk all off season was “let’s keep foles as an insurance policy for Wentz”. Despite @PhoenixEagles1 and others declaring Wentz was “ahead of schedule” and “looking sharp” all preseason the eagles held onto foles.

Now, according to the Wentz fanboys he’s “clearly better than foles” and a “superstar” yet the eagles don’t trade him to any one of a number of teams for either a pick or a player to help them win now.

Question marks everywhere!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Eagles FO knows that Wentz is soft like butter...gotta keep the real MVP (Foles)

Oh

and Cooper > Tate

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because Wentz was hurt and they didn’t know when he’d be ready. Foles started two games and looked like absolute shit.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Wentz was hurt and they didn’t know when he’d be ready. Foles started two games and looked like absolute shit.

If he’s shit why keep him around? Why not get something for him? Lots of teams could use a SB MVP at QB.

You keep talking in circles and every time you do you trip over your own words.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he’s shit why keep him around? Why not get something for him? Lots of teams could use a SB MVP at QB.

You keep talking in circles and every time you do you trip over your own words.

So we can have a back up QB. He’s gone at the end of the season and we will get a compensatory pick for him... that’s why.
No circles there Handiclone.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we can have a back up QB. He’s gone at the end of the season and we will get a compensatory pick for him... that’s why.
No circles there Handiclone.

Why would you want to keep a QB who “plays like shit” as your backup? More circles.

Also, I’m not so sure that the eagles will get a compensatory pick for him... and neither are you. First, the compensatory pick formula is very complex. Not many people understand it. It’s based upon who you “lose” and who you pick up. Second, the eagles aren’t “losing” Foles. He’s under contract. They are CHOOSING to not pick up his contract. I’m sure you’re reading some homer philly story written by some sports writer who doesn’t understand the compensatory pick rules.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want to keep a QB who “plays like shit” as your backup? More circles.

Also, I’m not so sure that the eagles will get a compensatory pick for him... and neither are you. First, the compensatory pick formula is very complex. Not many people understand it. It’s based upon who you “lose” and who you pick up. Second, the eagles aren’t “losing” Foles. He’s under contract. They are CHOOSING to not pick up his contract. I’m sure you’re reading some homer philly story written by some sports writer who doesn’t understand the compensatory pick rules.

Most everybody’s backup isn’t very good. He has the potential to catch fire and he knows the system. He’s really up and down but they don’t have a legit replacement if we got rid of him today. All this to try and tell us that Wentz is not very good. We got your take. Wentz fucking sucks. Do you need to bring it up every single day or are you just a really lonely person like Handicappers and say... I’m bored. Let me see if I can post some stupid shit and get some attention. It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. We got it. Wentz sucks. Thanks for the brilliant insight.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everybody’s backup isn’t very good. He has the potential to catch fire and he knows the system. He’s really up and down but they don’t have a legit replacement if we got rid of him today. All this to try and tell us that Wentz is not very good. We got your take. Wentz fucking sucks. Do you need to bring it up every single day or are you just a really lonely person like Handicappers and say... I’m bored. Let me see if I can post some stupid shit and get some attention. It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. We got it. Wentz sucks. Thanks for the brilliant insight.

YAWN...

Compensatory picks. In addition to the 32 selections in each of the seven rounds, a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams based on the players they lost and gained in free agency. Using a proprietary formula, the league defines a class of unrestricted free agents as "compensatory free agents ("CFA").

Please note the phrase “lost gained in FREE AGENCY”.

Here is a link to ALL the Eagles players who will be FREE AGENTS in 2019.

2019 NFL Free Agents Tracker

You will see that Nick Foles name does NOT appear on that list. Why? Because he has a CLUB OPTION the the Eagles may/may not pick up next year. That means he’s NOT a “free agent” and therefore not part of the compensatory pick formula that the NFL uses.

However, don’t let the above stop you from continuing to spew nonsense. Stay stupid.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s go further with that quote. Here it is again.

Compensatory picks. In addition to the 32 selections in each of the seven rounds, a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams based on the players they lost and gained in free agency. Using a proprietary formula, the league defines a class of unrestricted free agents as "compensatory free agents ("CFA").

First, there is only a TOTAL of 32 compensatory picks that are awarded LEAGUE WIDE.

Second, as I stated earlier, it only applies to players lost via FREE AGENCY.

Third, the nfl uses a PROPRIETARY FORMULA. I know what you’re asking yourself: WTF does that mean? It means that it’s a complicated, somewhat secret formula that takes into account ALL free agents gained/loss LEAGUE-WIDE!

Therefore, it’s dumb to say “oh well Nick Foles was drafted in such and such round therefore the Eagles will definitely get such and such compensatory pick back when he leaves.”

Stay stupid.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz is so good how did the Eagles manage to make it thru the playoffs and win the SB without him? :scratch:
well 1st off. Wentz is a professional. So he studied long & hard. Watching film on Jason Garrett's Clapping ability. Then rooted on his team to victory by Clapping from the sidelines! :clap:
Foles sent Wentz a rolex for all his hard work. So now you see. It was pretty much because of Wentz that the eagles won all their playoff games & the Superbowl under Foles.