• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Cleveland stick with Watson before going back to Brissett?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid article.

A "disastrous" outing in Houston?!? The team won. And the future of the team at QB got to knock a little of the rust that comes with not playing in almost 2 years.

Bias much?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brissett proved what he needs to. He could compete for a job in Atlanta or Washington or New York if he wants.
after last night might add the Raiders as well :oops:

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after last night might add the Raiders as well :oops:
There are several. You gotta root for guys like Brissett who are stuck with crappy organizations like Cleveland or Washington. Every now and again, they get success like Geno Smith and manage to escape.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Giants and Washington are moving on at QB I doubt they’re bringing in a similar type of marginal player. They’ll just stick with the marginal player already in place.
Well money would be the difference for some of those examples but overall I agree. Pay Brissett $10-15M/year or Daniel Jones $20-$25M+/year.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually watch Redzone so I dont see the Browns games.

How are the Browns fans with him on the field at home.
All about cheering him, razing him, or mixture?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually watch Redzone so I dont see the Browns games.

How are the Browns fans with him on the field at home.
All about cheering him, razing him, or mixture?
Haven't played a home game yet.

1st game @HOU, 2nd @CIN

Next game is at home, but vs Baltimore ....

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland, "We're in the thick of it, let's bench the better qb"

Last edited:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Zac Jackson said the Browns’ passing game has been “completely unimpressive” thus far in training camp.
As Jackson notes in his article, “Anything that involves Deshaun Watson remaining in the pocket has been an adventure, and not since early in camp have we seen a string of consecutive completions in any 11-on-11 period.” He goes on to highlight an overall lack of consistency and pass attempts of “more than 10 yards downfield” as reasons the Browns of underwhelmed through the air thus far. With a little more than three weeks to go until the regular season, the Browns have time to get things straightened out. Some of the camp struggles could be due to Amari Cooper practicing on a limited basis and Elijah Moore missing a few days recovering from a rib injury, but this all sounds mildly concerning. Watson underwhelmed in an abbreviated 2022 season after returning from suspension, but there are few acceptable excuses for any struggles this season. He’s currently going as a low-end QB1 in drafts, while Cooper is being drafted as a mid-WR2. Both run the risk of being fantasy busts if these camp struggles carry into the regular season.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Zac Jackson said the Browns’ passing game has been “completely unimpressive” thus far in training camp.
As Jackson notes in his article, “Anything that involves Deshaun Watson remaining in the pocket has been an adventure, and not since early in camp have we seen a string of consecutive completions in any 11-on-11 period.” He goes on to highlight an overall lack of consistency and pass attempts of “more than 10 yards downfield” as reasons the Browns of underwhelmed through the air thus far. With a little more than three weeks to go until the regular season, the Browns have time to get things straightened out. Some of the camp struggles could be due to Amari Cooper practicing on a limited basis and Elijah Moore missing a few days recovering from a rib injury, but this all sounds mildly concerning. Watson underwhelmed in an abbreviated 2022 season after returning from suspension, but there are few acceptable excuses for any struggles this season. He’s currently going as a low-end QB1 in drafts, while Cooper is being drafted as a mid-WR2. Both run the risk of being fantasy busts if these camp struggles carry into the regular season.

He definitely had some struggles against Philly. Every other report I've read disagrees with the above opinion.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely had some struggles against Philly. Every other report I've read disagrees with the above opinion.
I had read a mixed bag. I read that on Tuesday the Browns had more energy and overall out played the Eagles but that dynamic flipped for Wednesday’s session. I also saw that Watson’s completion percentage over the two sessions was around 60% with 3 TDs and 3 INTs.

We have no idea how either coaching staff was using these sessions and what they wanted to see. We crave NFL info this time of year and want to turn these camp “stats” into something meaningful. The truth is though that we don’t have context. This time last year I remember people being critical of Burrow’s camp and his first few regular season games. He was still one of the best QBs in the league and in the AFC championship in the end.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read a mixed bag. I read that on Tuesday the Browns had more energy and overall out played the Eagles but that dynamic flipped for Wednesday’s session. I also saw that Watson’s completion percentage over the two sessions was around 60% with 3 TDs and 3 INTs.

We have no idea how either coaching staff was using these sessions and what they wanted to see. We crave NFL info this time of year and want to turn these camp “stats” into something meaningful. The truth is though that we don’t have context. This time last year I remember people being critical of Burrow’s camp and his first few regular season games. He was still one of the best QBs in the league and in the AFC championship in the end.

Mixed bag is probably more accurate for this past week but up to that point everything has been positive.

methinks Deshaun will still have some challenges but the above writer is going full on doom and gloom because it gets clicks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixed bag is probably more accurate for this past week but up to that point everything has been positive.

methinks Deshaun will still have some challenges but the above writer is going full on doom and gloom because it gets clicks.
I think with the change in how coaches treat preseason, holding out starters for most of not all of it, that the first 2-3 regular season games are now essentially extended preseason. Last year there was a big deal made about Dan Campbell and Detroit doing an old fashioned camp with physicality and regular hitting, playing starters in preseason etc…all it got them was a 1-4 start to their season.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the change in how coaches treat preseason, holding out starters for most of not all of it, that the first 2-3 regular season games are now essentially extended preseason. Last year there was a big deal made about Dan Campbell and Detroit doing an old fashioned camp with physicality and regular hitting, playing starters in preseason etc…all it got them was a 1-4 start to their season.

yep that's old school thinking for sure. Seems the coaches get more out of the scrimmages mid-week than the game

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Jackson isn't being truthful but a lot of people are out to get Watson or want him to fail. Honestly, I totally get it. I'm not on team Watson but if I want to see Cleveland win, it starts with him unfortunately. I guess we will see once the season starts. Practice and 1 preseason drive a game isn't telling us a whole lot.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not on team Watson but if I want to see Cleveland win, it starts with him unfortunately. I guess we will see once the season starts. Practice and 1 preseason drive a game isn't telling us a whole lot.
Said like a fan. I respect this point and agree.

Darn shame most Brown fans here feel the need to be politically correct more so than being a football fan of their team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said like a fan. I respect this point and agree.

Darn shame most Brown fans here feel the need to be politically correct more so than being a football fan of their team.
For any true fan that’s just the way it has to be unfortunately. We aren’t the first team to deal with a player situation but the way it unfolded is a special circumstance imo. They chose this player and gave him guaranteed money after the situation. I will never be a fan of Watson but always a fan of the team