• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Cleveland stick with Watson before going back to Brissett?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt said he wants to stick with Deshaun Watson under center for the remainder of the season.​

Van Pelt, when asked about turning back to Jacoby Brissett in a must-win Week 14 game against the Bengals, said the team would stick with Watson -- the highest paid player in the NFL. “I think you always have the ability to call the game for Jacoby,” Van Pelt said Thursday. “That’s the easiest part. I don’t see that happening, but that’s always easy to get to.” Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski this week knocked down questions about benching Watson following his disastrous Week 13 outing against Houston. Both Stefanski and Van Pelt said they wanted Watson to get as many late-season reps as possible. Cleveland in Week 13 managed six offensive points as Watson threw for 131 yards and an end zone interception on 22 attempts. Watson's completion rate over expected was the second worst among all quarterbacks in Week 13. Only Kyle Allen was more inaccurate. Watson is little more than a superflex option against a tough Bengals defense in Week 14.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I have better chance of starting for the Pats Monday night than that scumbag DW getting replaced by Brissett.

As far as his terrible numbers. First game in a long time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt said he wants to stick with Deshaun Watson under center for the remainder of the season.​

Van Pelt, when asked about turning back to Jacoby Brissett in a must-win Week 14 game against the Bengals, said the team would stick with Watson -- the highest paid player in the NFL. “I think you always have the ability to call the game for Jacoby,” Van Pelt said Thursday. “That’s the easiest part. I don’t see that happening, but that’s always easy to get to.” Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski this week knocked down questions about benching Watson following his disastrous Week 13 outing against Houston. Both Stefanski and Van Pelt said they wanted Watson to get as many late-season reps as possible. Cleveland in Week 13 managed six offensive points as Watson threw for 131 yards and an end zone interception on 22 attempts. Watson's completion rate over expected was the second worst among all quarterbacks in Week 13. Only Kyle Allen was more inaccurate. Watson is little more than a superflex option against a tough Bengals defense in Week 14.
Holy crap. Is this even an actual topic the media is asking about? I don't care if he throws 16 interceptions this week, you can't bench a guy you completely hitched your future to with regards to draft capital, salary cap and public perception after a couple of weeks. They would have to fire everyone in that front office, heck maybe everyone with a parking space at the team headquarters, if they did that. Any way, I know he was horrible last week, but it was one game and he hasn't played and has barely practiced in a long time. The goal right now should be to win with him next year. You don't do that by benching him :2cents:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this a question. They just gave their possible franchise QB a fully guaranteed contract. Why would they start the backup. He only plays if Watson is injured or for QB sneaks. Even if they lose every game Watson plays he still starts

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must win? Oy vey.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. Is this even an actual topic the media is asking about? I don't care if he throws 16 interceptions this week, you can't bench a guy you completely hitched your future to with regards to draft capital, salary cap and public perception after a couple of weeks. They would have to fire everyone in that front office, heck maybe everyone with a parking space at the team headquarters, if they did that. Any way, I know he was horrible last week, but it was one game and he hasn't played and has barely practiced in a long time. The goal right now should be to win with him next year. You don't do that by benching him :2cents:
It's Cleveland!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please

If I ever post a wall of emotional message about another teams qb

Please forever call me the biggest bitch in Hoop history.
we already call you that :noidea:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
user generated

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brissett proved what he needs to. He could compete for a job in Atlanta or Washington or New York if he wants.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brissett proved what he needs to. He could compete for a job in Atlanta or Washington or New York if he wants.
If Giants and Washington are moving on at QB I doubt they’re bringing in a similar type of marginal player. They’ll just stick with the marginal player already in place.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jets would kill for him right now

49ers as well with both qbs hurt.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair

Also fair

If the Browns win again are they predators of some sort? It's getting weird

They keep demasculating the Bengals
Yeah, the matchup lately just hasn't favored the Bengals - for sure. Though, to be fair - this will be the 1st time Burrow faces the Browns for a 2nd time in a year...first year - blew out his ACL, last year starters didn't play in the final game.

We'll find out if there is some wizardry going on if Watson shows up and throws for 340 yards and 3 TD's....after skipping rocks last week against an abysmal Houston club...