• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize we’re playing off the many eagles fans that stirred up foles in the off-season, stated he was worth two firsts, and clamored on and on. I mean you get that right

I gotcha ... I don't really venture much into the General Forum, didn't know I walked into an old feud :)

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta say - I didn’t read the entire thread so I don’t have the full context. Someone was arguing for Foles’ value for the comp pick formula? I mean, it’s possible. If you’re a team like NYG that wants to draft a young QB and have him learn for half or a full season under someone other than a malcontented Eli, someone like Foles might be attractive. But it’s not going to be a massive contract.

Who knows. Who really cares. We’re talking about speculating over a possible 4th round pick? The comp pick calculus probably had little to do with Foles not being traded.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third, the nfl uses a PROPRIETARY FORMULA. I know what you’re asking yourself: WTF does that mean? It means that it’s a complicated, somewhat secret formula

I've never understood the reason for the secrecy on that. Anyone know?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A proven "backup" QB has value to the team he is on ... but Foles fell on his face when given the chance not once but twice with the Rams and again with the Chiefs as a starter (so much so that he considered retirement). He stood on his head for 2 games in the post season and for that I will forever be grateful ... but he's nothing more than a backup. The Eagles value him as a backup (stay with me now) as injury could hit at any time ... they value that "insurance" more than they would value some middle to late round draft pick (which is likely Foles' value). No team out there would give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for Foles as this moment in time ... so there was no deal made. It's really not rocket science ...

That’s dumb. Seriously... it’s dumb.

So are you saying that the Patriots should NOT have traded Jimmy G at the trade deadline last year and they should have just let him walk at the end of the year just so they could “have a proven backup”? No... they were right to trade him and UNLIKE Foles, Jimmy G would have been part of the compensatory pick compensation so arguably the pats had LESS incentive to trade him than the eagles had to trade foles.

No, the eagles clearly kept foles bc they are not as sold on Wentz as you and the other Wentz fanboys claim. It’s clear they will try and rework his deal at the end of the year but foles may not want it. I’m sure there will be interest from other teams so he may opt for that. Bottom line, Foles holds all the leverage.

Were you able to follow all that? I’m guessing not.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok @PhoenixEagles1 you have dementia, you most certainly said that. Im not digging through your countless eagles threads to find it. but whatever, if your gonna start with bullshit ratings, im going to go postal and tag every post you have with one, because you spew shit non stop

Such a complete lie. Why can’t you just be a man and not add quotes to my mouth. I never once said he will get the Eagles two 1sts. One other Eagle fan said the team won’t let him go for anything less then 2 firsts because Wentz was still not ready at the time.
I agree you shouldn’t search all the posts cause you’ll never see me saying that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a complete lie. Why can’t you just be a man and not add quotes to my mouth. I never once said he will get the Eagles two 1sts. One other Eagle fan said the team won’t let him go for anything less then 2 firsts because Wentz was still not ready at the time.
I agree you shouldn’t search all the posts cause you’ll never see me saying that.
i was kidding relax. but im pretty sure u said it

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This entire argument is WRONG because it’s based upon the incorrect belief that the Eagles will get a compensatory pick for Foles when they decline to pick up his option.

Stay stupid.
Are you 100% certain that Foles is unable to count as a compensatory free agent? Because without knowing the exact rules on eligible players and without knowing the exact details of this “option” for Foles and the Eagles, I’m not sure you can really say that Foles will definitely not be factored into the compensatory pick formula.

But nice try.

He can call me or you stupid but Foles will 100% be compensated if we don’t pick up his option year. But with these fools you have to wait for it to happen and they won’t admit they were wrong. I all ready researched it and voided option years make them a FA and you can still get compensation.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just like he didn’t say “Wentz was the best young QB in the game” recently until I showed him he said it only a few days earlier. His excuse then: I honestly don’t remember saying that.

It’s hard to keep all your BS straight when you’re constantly spewing it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t say that. In fact no Eagle fan said that. They said the Eagles organization won’t give him up for anything less then a mega deal because this is an all in year and they don’t know if Wentz is ready (at the time). Somehow that got twisted into every Eagle fan on the Hoop thinks the Eagles will get two 1sts which was NEVER said by any of us.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
h
Just like he didn’t say “Wentz was the best young QB in the game” recently until I showed him he said it only a few days earlier. His excuse then: I honestly don’t remember saying that.

It’s hard to keep all your BS straight when you’re constantly spewing it.
ahaah:lol:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s dumb. Seriously... it’s dumb.

So are you saying that the Patriots should NOT have traded Jimmy G at the trade deadline last year and they should have just let him walk at the end of the year just so they could “have a proven backup”? No... they were right to trade him and UNLIKE Foles, Jimmy G would have been part of the compensatory pick compensation so arguably the pats had LESS incentive to trade him than the eagles had to trade foles.

No, the eagles clearly kept foles bc they are not as sold on Wentz as you and the other Wentz fanboys claim. It’s clear they will try and rework his deal at the end of the year but foles may not want it. I’m sure there will be interest from other teams so he may opt for that. Bottom line, Foles holds all the leverage.

Were you able to follow all that? I’m guessing not.

We followed all that and we all laughed at the part where you said the Eagles aren’t sold on Wentz. He’s our franchise QB. He’s young. He’s a star and Foles will never ever ever ever take Wentz’s starting position cause everyone knows Wentz is phenomenal

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whaaaaat? I said Wentz was the best young QB in the game and you brought up Mahomes. I said Mahomes looks amazing, he looks like the MVP and might one day surpass Wentz but it’s only been 8 games. Sometimes players explode on the scene and fall apart like RG3 and Dak. Getting bored of all this shit you make up.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We followed all that and we all laughed at the part where you said the Eagles aren’t sold on Wentz. He’s our franchise QB. He’s young. He’s a star and Foles will never ever ever ever take Wentz’s starting position cause everyone knows Wentz is phenomenal

Oh... I have no doubt the eagles will sign him long term but he’s far from a “superstar” or “phenomenal”. Every objective fan would save accolades like that till he’s at least 1) won an award like ROY, or 2) won a playoff game ... just for starters.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaaaat? I said Wentz was the best young QB in the game and you brought up Mahomes. I said Mahomes looks amazing, he looks like the MVP and might one day surpass Wentz but it’s only been 8 games. Sometimes players explode on the scene and fall apart like RG3 and Dak. Getting bored of all this shit you make up.
all i did was laugh, and i didnt debate on mahone vs wentz dude