• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s all I was saying. He’s not ready. He’s not fully recovered physically (it takes one year to fully recover from ACL surgery) and he’s not ready mentally. He is clearly the QB of the future of philly (not Foles) but RIGHT NOW Foles gives them the best chance to win.

It’s too bad some overly sensitive Wentz fanboys can’t acknowledge that.

I'm not sure he is any worse than Foles, but I'd rather him sit for longer if it means being 100% in December rather than going through the whole season at 90% or less... picking up bad habits to compensate for not being 100%

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s all I was saying. He’s not ready. He’s not fully recovered physically (it takes one year to fully recover from ACL surgery) and he’s not ready mentally. He is clearly the QB of the future of philly (not Foles) but RIGHT NOW Foles gives them the best chance to win.

Each have played 2 games

Wentz 66.7% completions, 603 yards, 3TD's 1INT, 7.1 yards per attempt, 93.2 QB rating, 2 fumbles, 1-1 record, never lost in regulation (reminder, he just put up the most offensive points vs. the Titans D so far this year)

Foles 65.9% completions 451 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 5.5 yards per attempt, 78.9 QB rating, 2 fumbles, 1-1 record and lost in regulation (Reminder, he did this against Tampa and Atlanta, both bottom 3 defenses, the two worst performances against either defense this year by any team or QB).

But yeah, Foles had a TD in two games vs. the two defenses that can make Dalton and Trubisky look like hall of famers.

And Wentz is the one who had zero snaps all off-season and only 7 practices with the 1st team offense in the past 10 months and is ALREADY giving Philly a better chance to win.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You came into a stupid thread and jumped right in with the “So the whole team sucks except Wentz who has been fantastic”. You were taking a shot at me on this idiotic thread. But that’s fine. I completely know they are fucking with me and I get it. But I can’t talk a little shit too? Then you come back with “You’ve buried yourself so deep into Wentz you can’t be objective” another shot joining in with all the fools on this thread and you were never that type of poster until this February. When Carson plays bad I’ll criticize him... but this week he was probably our best player on the field. I’ll take that performance every week.
I know other people came in not saying Wentz should be benched but they were all criticizing him and he played well. No, he didn’t score a TD every single drive but there is an article in the Philly papers saying Wentz played great considering all the pressure he is under.
Lastly, Hillis doesn’t play for Dallas but you still understand what I was getting at. Blaming Wentz for yesterday would be like blaming Zeke for the loss if you guys missed the last FG. I was telling them they are flat out wrong for even saying Wentz’s name after that complete breakdown in the secondary, the 6 drops and the OLines inability to pass block.
Stop whining and try to be objective

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop whining and try to be objective

I am. Stop jumping in with the trolls. Philadelphians are known for criticism. We booed Mike Schmidt. Wentz played really well yesterday. Especially being under constant pressure. Can Dak put up 350 yards when getting hit over and over (12 times yesterday). I’ll rip Wentz when he deserves it.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. Stop jumping in with the trolls. Philadelphians are known for criticism. We booed Mike Schmidt. Wentz played really well yesterday. Especially being under constant pressure. Can Dak put up 350 yards when getting hit over and over (12 times yesterday). I’ll rip Wentz when he deserves it.

Yesterday Dak lead his team down the field late in the 4th quarter for the winning score. That’s way more important than how many yards he threw for.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each have played 2 games

Wentz 66.7% completions, 603 yards, 3TD's 1INT, 7.1 yards per attempt, 93.2 QB rating, 2 fumbles, 1-1 record, never lost in regulation (reminder, he just put up the most offensive points vs. the Titans D so far this year)

Foles 65.9% completions 451 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 5.5 yards per attempt, 78.9 QB rating, 2 fumbles, 1-1 record and lost in regulation (Reminder, he did this against Tampa and Atlanta, both bottom 3 defenses, the two worst performances against either defense this year by any team or QB).

But yeah, Foles had a TD in two games vs. the two defenses that can make Dalton and Trubisky look like hall of famers.

And Wentz is the one who had zero snaps all off-season and only 7 practices with the 1st team offense in the past 10 months and is ALREADY giving Philly a better chance to win.

None of that negates the fact that Wentz failed to perform when it mattered. Foles has shown that he can.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that negates the fact that Wentz failed to perform when it mattered. Foles has shown that he can.

Yeah, that's not the argument you said that I responded too. You just changed it since the crap you spouted earlier as a troll was debunked by actual facts.

But what you are saying is that between Foles and Brady, Foles is the only one that showed up when it counted and Brady couldn't, therefore Foles would be the better QB for New England?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's not the argument you said that I responded too. You just changed it since the crap you spouted earlier as a troll was debunked by actual facts.

But what you are saying is that between Foles and Brady, Foles is the only one that showed up when it counted and Brady couldn't, therefore Foles would be the better QB for New England?

What I’m saying is Foles RIGHT NOW is the better QB. Why? He’s healthy and proven he can win in the clutch. Figures lie and liars figure. Your nonsense about pass completion percentages is just that... nonsense.

Brady has been clutch plenty of times in his career. That day Foles was more clutch. Wentz had a mediocre at best first year. He played well on a very good team for about 3/4 of the season then Foles stepped in during clutch time and took that very talented team all the way to the SB. Since his return, Wentz has just barely beaten the colts where the colts forced several turnovers if memory serves me and didn’t get it done when it counted against the Titans.

You and PE1 should jerk yourselves off with stats... they suit you both

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’m saying is Foles RIGHT NOW is the better QB. Why? He’s healthy and proven he can win in the clutch. Figures lie and liars figure. Your nonsense about pass completion percentages is just that... nonsense.

Brady has been clutch plenty of times in his career. That day Foles was more clutch. Wentz had a mediocre at best first year. He played well on a very good team for about 3/4 of the season then Foles stepped in during clutch time and took that very talented team all the way to the SB. Since his return, Wentz has just barely beaten the colts where the colts forced several turnovers if memory serves me and didn’t get it done when it counted against the Titans.

Actually he's not been the better QB this year (right now). Even facing arguably the two worst pass defenses in the NFL Foles has been unable to get points.

If you need to lie to make your point, then that's fine. So be it.

But if you really think Foles was playing better than Wentz this season, either you aren't watching football, or you don't understand football.

And it was 2 turnovers, not several. Again, please stop lying. The ONLY game where the Eagles had fewer than two turnovers this year was QB'd by Wentz. So thanks for debunking your own point that turnovers are the problem.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what's up here with the 3rd grade name calling? Come on kid. Grow up. You trolled, got called out for lying a few times and don't want to admit it. Oh well, grow up, suck it up and move on. Name calling with homophobic slurs doesn't help your cause.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point in time, I don’t think there is a huge difference between Wentz and Foles. I don’t know that it’s accurate to say Foles gives them a better chance to win right now. Wentz hasn’t been as good as he was last year but neither has Foles.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thing is fucking glorious.

It is a message board. Not hard for trolls to get a response. Wanna really set something on fire go to the political forum and start a Trump Sucks thread.... The internet might break.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a message board. Not hard for trolls to get a response. Wanna really set something on fire go to the political forum and start a Trump Sucks thread.... The internet might break.

Somebody should start a “Dak is the 5th best QB in the NFC East” thread.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he's not been the better QB this year (right now). Even facing arguably the two worst pass defenses in the NFL Foles has been unable to get points.

If you need to lie to make your point, then that's fine. So be it.

But if you really think Foles was playing better than Wentz this season, either you aren't watching football, or you don't understand football.

And it was 2 turnovers, not several. Again, please stop lying. The ONLY game where the Eagles had fewer than two turnovers this year was QB'd by Wentz. So thanks for debunking your own point that turnovers are the problem.

Hahaha

So I’m a liar bc in my opinion quarterback a is better than quarterback b. You need to look up the word “liar”. You clearly don’t understand the definition.

As I said earlier, and another poster agreed with me, it was our opinion that Foles would have gotten the TD at either the end of the game or in OT Wentz didn’t Despite being handed the ball in the opponents side of the filed (once by a punt return and once by the running game) ha failed to put the game away.

Oh and when I say your misguided for relying on stats that’s NOT name calling. You aren’t very good at this are you?

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something as another injury happens to him, I say they stick with him. Secondary needs work and the offensive line needs to give him better protection. No need to panic yet. But, if they lose a few more games early on, we may have to accept the fact that it won’t be a repeat of last season. Hopefully this is not the case. Hopefully they get to the playoffs, but either way, I am happy for a Super Bowl win and will always be a fan no matter what the record is at the end of the season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something as another injury happens to him, I say they stick with him. Secondary needs work and the offensive line needs to give him better protection. No need to panic yet. But, if they lose a few more games early on, we may have to accept the fact that it won’t be a repeat of last season. Hopefully this is not the case. Hopefully they get to the playoffs, but either way, I am happy for a Super Bowl win and will always be a fan no matter what the record is at the end of the season.

Can't be happy for you, but that's 100% spot on.