• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does LA stick with Goff before going to Bortles?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 picks in 42 games. Goff won't ever be elite and needs top caliber weapons around him to be good. But Bortles is worse.

Peyton Manning threw 43 picks in his first 32 games.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its comical how this thread started out as a joke and now people are piling on Goff.

He played pretty damn good the past two years. Better than most. He is currently 3rd in passing yards and was 4th last year. Most teams would be lucky to have him.

68 attempts last week. Record is 70. He should be up there in yards.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff isn't a great QB but I'll say a bit in his defense that McVay's offense only fires on all cylinders when the run game is a legitimate threat. That's when play action is at it's most effective and that's when McVay can really hammer a defense.

Last season the Rams finished 3rd in rushing yards a game but right now they are sitting at 22nd which needs to be much higher.

Again Goff hasn't played great since regardless of what's going on with the running game that shouldn't cause you to throw 6 INTs already. But my point is that regardless of who's behind center they are going to struggle if the running game is anemic and that bleed into the defense as well since you're not possessing the ball as much it puts the defense on the field for more snaps.

Great post. :suds:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa was probably a trap game for Rams with road trip to Seattle coming up. You have to watch out for those so they don’t get you with your pants down. Or maybe Bucs are surprisingly good.
:noidea:

Little bit of both. Honestly it’s been overdue this Tampa offense. Jameis has some of the best weapons on offense in football

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bit of both. Honestly it’s been overdue this Tampa offense. Jameis has some of the best weapons on offense in football

I like their coach as well

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand where @SJ76 is coming from...he's not seeing much growth from a bad SB outing, but I wouldn't be calling for Bortles yet.

How much of that lack of growth is from Gurley's ambiguous status and the lack of an effective running game to keep the defenses honest? Rams gave up on the run immediately this past weekend.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that lack of growth is from Gurley's ambiguous status and the lack of an effective running game to keep the defenses honest? Rams gave up on the run immediately this past weekend.

I've only seen the two middle games...NO & CLE.

Solid performance vs NO imo...I agree they could've run the ball more in the CLE game...as far the season overall...as you or somebody pointed out...they're 3-1...largely because the DEF got torched last week. To reiterate...I would not be calling for Bortles based on his play so far.

To your point on the run game...they knew early on Gurley's work load was going to be less...whether they share the load with Brown, or Goff throws it more, this was something they were expecting.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Goff earned any respect after last night's effort? He was solid, his only turnover was right on the receiver's hands (easily catchable) and had the team in position to win the game, only to have his pro bowl kicker miss a relatively easy one.

Rams first drive stalled when Gurley subbed out, another stalled when he fumbled inside the 20. Gurley played well for the most part when in there, but they need to

Both teams failed on 2 pt attempts, both teams missed FGs, and it was a 1 pt loss on the road against a strong division rival. Tight game. That ridiculous roughing the passer penalty didn't help, but the game was still there for the taking. Even Zeurlein's missed FG was only by the slimmest of margins.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since the Bears game last year teams are bringing lots of pressure. Goff isn’t handling it well. I’m guessing week 8 or so we see the scramblin man Mr. Blake Bortles and he takes over.

#UCFinally

#notmy30million$$QB
LOL. WRs couldn't get open last night so he turned a couple of mediocre TEs into pro bowlers last night. And what is his combined passing yardage over the last two games? About 900? LOL. Kid has a very long leash right now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hekker has started before. It's was in HS, but still.

Ya, but he couldn’t win a starting or even backup job at Oregon State. Think about that for a second.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. WRs couldn't get open last night so he turned a couple of mediocre TEs into pro bowlers last night. And what is his combined passing yardage over the last two games? About 900? LOL. Kid has a very long leash right now.
I think you might see more of the tight ends catching passes this year, especially Everett. They are on their 3rd or 4th year now and the core of the Rams offense hasn't changed much for a couple years so they probably need to mix things up a little. Sometimes the difference between a mediocre and Pro Bowl Tight End is experience and opportunity

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might see more of the tight ends catching passes this year, especially Everett. They are on their 3rd or 4th year now and the core of the Rams offense hasn't changed much for a couple years so they probably need to mix things up a little. Sometimes the difference between a mediocre and Pro Bowl Tight End is experience and opportunity
Makes sense.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should say that Cooks and Woods had a hard time getting open. Kupp didn't seem to have a problem.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goff had some good throws last night. He also had some really bad ones. That’s Goff

Russ put on a clinic last night. Under pressure all night and found open guys when he had to. Goff locks on to 1 WR and that’s when he messes up with guys putting heat on him

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Goff earned any respect after last night's effort? He was solid, his only turnover was right on the receiver's hands (easily catchable) and had the team in position to win the game, only to have his pro bowl kicker miss a relatively easy one.

Rams first drive stalled when Gurley subbed out, another stalled when he fumbled inside the 20. Gurley played well for the most part when in there, but they need to

Both teams failed on 2 pt attempts, both teams missed FGs, and it was a 1 pt loss on the road against a strong division rival. Tight game. That ridiculous roughing the passer penalty didn't help, but the game was still there for the taking. Even Zeurlein's missed FG was only by the slimmest of margins.

He made some really good throws last night and made some really bad ones. He locks on to 1 WR quite a bit and when he gets pressured that’s where he gets in trouble.

I don’t think he played great last night no. I think he showed a little more fire and McVay went mike Martz again late — forgot about Gurley

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He made some really good throws last night and made some really bad ones. He locks on to 1 WR quite a bit and when he gets pressured that’s where he gets in trouble.

I don’t think he played great last night no. I think he showed a little more fire and McVay went mike Martz again late — forgot about Gurley

I think the question is if McVay is forgetting about Gurley or is it that Gurley can't even take the load of a full game now?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have gotten your hands on some good moonshine SJ
giphy.gif

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the question is if McVay is forgetting about Gurley or is it that Gurley can't even take the load of a full game now?

I don't think Gurley is at 100 percent, he's just not the same right now...