• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does the Redskins stick with Haskins before going to Allen?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was kind of excited when I saw the notification of you commenting on this. I was expecting reading in circles about Haskins and Allen. Instead it’s off topic circles. C’mon man tell us how long the skins stick with Haskins

Haskins will be on a short leash because Kyle Allen used to play for Rivera. Washington is a dysfunctional team. They have a good defense, but their offense lacks in several skill position areas.

Let's say Washington gets the Eagles week 1, as they are due. I think the Giants will split with the Eagles, but it's debatable if Washington will.
Week 2, at Arizona. This is a loss, and Murray will be outdueling Haskins.
Week 3, at Cleveland. This is interesting. This could be the game where Mayfield demands a trade if the Browns lose.
Week 4, the one good thing Washington has here is they have the defense to slow down Jackson but not the offense to keep him out of the game. It is a short rest game after Baltimore faces the Chiefs. This is gonna be a hot seat game for Haskins. Washington has won the last two against Baltimore and has always played them close.
Week 5, now comes the Rams, another offense that could get slowed down some, but they have Donald.

I think after the Rams game, if Washington finds themselves 0-2 in that home stretch, I think Haskins gets pulled and Allen starts against the Giants.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins will be on a short leash because Kyle Allen used to play for Rivera. Washington is a dysfunctional team. They have a good defense, but their offense lacks in several skill position areas.

Let's say Washington gets the Eagles week 1, as they are due. I think the Giants will split with the Eagles, but it's debatable if Washington will.
Week 2, at Arizona. This is a loss, and Murray will be outdueling Haskins.
Week 3, at Cleveland. This is interesting. This could be the game where Mayfield demands a trade if the Browns lose.
Week 4, the one good thing Washington has here is they have the defense to slow down Jackson but not the offense to keep him out of the game. It is a short rest game after Baltimore faces the Chiefs. This is gonna be a hot seat game for Haskins. Washington has won the last two against Baltimore and has always played them close.
Week 5, now comes the Rams, another offense that could get slowed down some, but they have Donald.

I think after the Rams game, if Washington finds themselves 0-2 in that home stretch, I think Haskins gets pulled and Allen starts against the Giants.

Who needs to watch football when you have nostrabrees around?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump

Apparently the answer to this is week 5

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins acquired QB Kyle Allen from the Panthers in exchange for a fifth-round pick.
Allen links back up with coach Ron Rivera in D.C. after playing for him in Carolina the past couple seasons. The 24-year-old was Pro Football Focus' worst quarterback by a wide margin among 38 qualifiers across 12 starts last season, finishing No. 33 in QB rating. Allen completed 62% of his passes at 6.8 yards per attempt with a 17:16 TD:INT ratio to go with 13 fumbles and 46 sacks taken. Carolina no longer needed him after signing P.J. Walker. The Skins will slide Allen in as Dwayne Haskins' backup for the time being.

Kyle Allen said he expects to compete for the Redskins' starting job.
"I think the expectation is to come in and compete for the job," was Allen's exact quote. "I think that's an awesome opportunity." It's an easy sentiment to mock, but it is also the mindset Allen and all backup quarterbacks must possess. Coming off an extremely rocky rookie year, Dwayne Haskins will be under center Week 1, but it is possible Allen could be on speed dial early in the year. Allen did not have the looks of a future starter in 2019, instead appearing to be a head-above-water No. 2. That has value.

Riverboat Ron brings him over as cheap insurance, but i believe he likes him over Haskins. (Filmwise anyways) I think Haskins will be on a short leash. In fact the spot Haskins was drafted would be the only reason he gets to start week #1. (unless he substantially gets better this offseason) Pressure from the brass will be to start Haskins.
Pretty good take from ya

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad prediction. Just 1 game off.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do the Giants stick with Jones before...