• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long do bears stick with trubs before going to foles?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I may have identified one of Trub's problems. I've never really studied QB mechanics, but it can't possibly be right that a QB with his arm cocked back for a throw has the ball perpendicular to his body:

1601301391962.png

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky benched already?
And Foles tossed 5 TD's in a quarter and a half on all different drives, though 1 was dropped and 1 reversed. That's most impressive.

• Useful
Reactions: GNG

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Foles tossed 5 TD's in a quarter and a half on all different drives, though 1 was dropped and 1 reversed. That's most impressive.
And what makes this even more impressive is when you take into account that Foles probably took no more than a quarter of the snaps with the first team all week in practice.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles enters game

Ei8rtR6XgAE_oPS.jpg

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely astounding that the Bears even started the season with Trubisky under center.
Not really. We have to remember there was barely a training camp, let alone any preseason games to allow Foles to get acclimated to the Bears O. Trubisky had a tremendous advantage in that regard, not to mention he had been practicing in the offseason, even thruout the pandemic with some of his receivers. Foles needed to continue practicing and of course watching real time games from the sidelines long enough to get pretty much up to speed. It was the perfect time to put him in the game, and it's the perfect time to announce he's now the starter.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My body is so ready for all this meme-age coming Bears fans' way...A QB where other teams' fans are not like "LOL HE SUK SO BAD" and we keep getting the Grossman/Cutler/Trubisky meme treatment....No....for now they will talk about our QB's huge dong and Super Bowl winning history.

*tears well up*

We deserve a few more weeks of this minimum. I know Foles isn't the greatest ever and he'll have some "come back down to earth" games...but this is...nice.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's nice is that Allen Robinson is noticeable on the team again... At least Foles will get their best weapon involved in the passing game, unlike Trubisky...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The week 3 over reactions:

Mitchell Trubisky has started his last game for the Bears​

The verdict: OVERREACTION. Surely, Foles will start next week against the Colts. But he's a career backup who hasn't always been the picture of health and has lost starting quarterback competitions on four different teams -- including his current team less than a month ago. The Bears' coaching staff thought enough of Trubisky's progress by the end of August that they gave him the job over Foles.

• Useful
Reactions: GNG

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having given up 3 additional (they did get a third round pick back) draft choices and to move up one spot from third to second becasue they thought some other team wanted Trubisky, this may be the biggest bust in history when considering that they would have either had Trubisky, or would have has to "settle" for either Mahomes or Watson.
Talk about a miscalculation of talent.
Wonder if any team would take, the Bears 21, and 22 first rounders, plus Trubisky (they must take Trubisky), plus Miller, plus a top defensive player for the rights to Trevor Lawrence. The deal breaker would be having to take Trubisky, so probably not.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having given up 3 additional (they did get a third round pick back) draft choices and to move up one spot from third to second becasue they thought some other team wanted Trubisky, this may be the biggest bust in history when considering that they would have either had Trubisky, or would have has to "settle" for either Mahomes or Watson.
Wonder if any team would take, the Bears 21, and 22 first rounders, plus Trubisky (they must take Trubisky), plus Miller, plus a top defensive player for the rights to Trevor Lawrence. The deal breaker would be having to take Trubisky, so probably not.
Trubisky is a FA after this season, so there's no have to with him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
technically both were reversed. Plus the three that stood.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Trubisky can play a little bit. Up to the level of 2nd overall pick? Obviously not otherwise we wouldn't have got Foles and he wouldn't have lost his job. Trubisky was a pro-bowl alternate in 2018 when the offensive line played well and the run game wasn't a complete disaster. Trubisky has looked like a good QB at times this season, at least functional. He'll have no problem finding a backup job or even a chance to compere for a starting job and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him emerge as a solid starter in a couple years a la Ryan Tannehill.