• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Green Bay stick with Rodgers before going to Love?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodgers is as difficult with Lafleur as some reports suggest, then the move will come sooner than later. I'm certain Rodgers is the 2020 QB and very likely the 21 QB, but in 23 there will be LOVE all over GB.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodgers is as difficult with Lafleur as some reports suggest, then the move will come sooner than later. I'm certain Rodgers is the 2020 QB and very likely the 21 QB, but in 23 there will be LOVE all over GB.
You are assuming that Love is a better option. Love still has a lot to prove as a pro.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is still a very good QB who could win it all. From that perspective he's worth trading for. Additionally the way Rodgers' contract has been set up makes it easy to trade him. Rodgers isn't cheap but any team trading for him would only be paying him $2M in 2020 and $22M in 2021. The rest would be paid for by the Packers, (which increases the trade price). The Packers are now in a cap position where they can trade him at any time. It comes down to whether they want, (or feel forced), to trade him, what is their trade price, and if any team will meet that trade price. Rodgers might only have 2 or 3 years left so his value will decrease rapidly. There would likely be more teams interested in March 2021, but he'll be worth considerably less.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is still a very good QB who could win it all. From that perspective he's worth trading for. Additionally the way Rodgers' contract has been set up makes it easy to trade him. Rodgers isn't cheap but any team trading for him would only be paying him $2M in 2020 and $22M in 2021. The rest would be paid for by the Packers, (which increases the trade price). The Packers are now in a cap position where they can trade him at any time. It comes down to whether they want, (or feel forced), to trade him, what is their trade price, and if any team will meet that trade price. Rodgers might only have 2 or 3 years left so his value will decrease rapidly. There would likely be more teams interested in March 2021, but he'll be worth considerably less.
The only way another team has a chance of getting Rodgers is if he forced a trade which I don't think he will.

BIGBLUE 49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain teams in the NFL develope a deep-seated love for their guy(qb) for having won them a SUPER BOWL . ..a love that is not easily nullified....not even by declining skills.
Such was the case with the "forever" love affair betwixt GIANTS fans and ELI MANNING.....with whom the fan base ignored his decline for a long time.
I think it is the same way in GREEN BAY with that fan base loyalty/love for AARON RODGERS. As in the case with ELI......i think AARON RODGERS exits GREEN BAY when he decides to go.....not by the club cutting him loose.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain teams in the NFL develope a deep-seated love for their guy(qb) for having won them a SUPER BOWL . ..a love that is not easily nullified....not even by declining skills.
Such was the case with the "forever" love affair betwixt GIANTS fans and ELI MANNING.....with whom the fan base ignored his decline for a long time.
I think it is the same way in GREEN BAY with that fan base loyalty/love for AARON RODGERS. As in the case with ELI......i think AARON RODGERS exits GREEN BAY when he decides to go.....not by the club cutting him loose.

Eli won 2 Super Bowls though. Rodgers won 1 and hasn’t sniffed another one.

Before people say they were in the NFC championship game last year, make sure you go back and watch that game. They were completely dominated. They’re not a Super Bowl contender.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli won 2 Super Bowls though. Rodgers won 1 and hasn’t sniffed another one.

Before people say they were in the NFC championship game last year, make sure you go back and watch that game. They were completely dominated. They’re not a Super Bowl contender.
I dont want to be wrong here, but it sounds like you are comparing a .500 QB to Aaron Rodgers.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to be wrong here, but it sounds like you are comparing a .500 QB to Aaron Rodgers.

You’re correct that Aaron Rodgers has .500 the number of Super Bowl wins as Eli.