• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Are The Real Chances Of Aaron Rodgers Leaving Green Bay?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s gotta be noticed by Rodgers that Tom Brady goes to Tampa, to an already pretty loaded roster, and they add Fournette, AB, Gronk and draft a Left Tackle to protect him, and Green Bay is drafting a backup QB and a needless RB to add to a team in the NFC title game last season
This is the story that SHOULD be read over and over again by Packers fans because their franchise is royally fucking their fans over.

Tom Brady doesn't have the weapons in NE anymore so he left. He inherited amazing weapons and brought over some of his own in Gronk, Fournette and AB. All Tampa Bay needed was 1 season. 1 season with an amazing weapon on each primary offensive position and they went from missing the playoffs for 12 years to not only hosting, but playing in a Super Bowl.

Green Bay has been 1 game away from a Super Bowl in 4 of the last 7 years. ONE GAME. You would think that a top offensive weapon for Rodgers would be a primary draft choice for Green Bay. But here's what they actually drafted:

2014 - Safety
2015 - CB
2016 - NT
2017 - CB
2018 - CB
2019 - OLB
2020 - QB

What in the world are they thinking in Green Bay??

This year, Tom Brady shows up with AB, Gronk and Fournette and takes Tampa Bay to a Super Bowl.
Last year, they were beat by the 49ers who had their QB return from injury and had a plethora of guys that were home grown in San Fran just blow up. (Kittle, Mostert and Brieda)

Also, not to mention, outside of the NFCCG against Seattle, it's always looked like the Packers were outmatched in every way on the field in an NFCCG.

The Packers have fucked their fans and their QB out of very many well-deserved and earned Super Bowl parades and I'm starting to think that Aaron Rodgers should do the smart thing and leave town. Go to a team that will do the same for you as what Tampa Bay did for Tom Brady and Rodgers can do the same for his new team as Tom Brady did for Tampa Bay.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is already walking back his comments. I don't think he's going anywhere right now
He may have said what he did in order to get his contract redone.

Last edited:

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 will be Rodgers' 14th year as starting QB for the Green Bay Packers and his 17th in the league. It seems like Aaron Rodgers has given a lot more to the Packers than the Packers have given Aaron Rodgers. The Packers have not drafted a RB, WR or TE since 2002 (Javon Waker) and have only drafted a non-defensive player in the first round twice in the last 10 years (Jordan Love, 2020 and Kenny Clark, 2016).

2021 will also be a very expensive year for Aaron Rodgers. 2021 is the last year on Rodgers' contract and the cap hit to Green Bay will be $37.5 million, $16 million higher than what his cap hit was in 2020. With a heartbreaking loss in the NFC title game, where Rodgers is now 1-4 in, Rodgers made the comment postgame that "Many guys' futures are unknown, mine included."

Does this mean that Aaron Rodgers will attempt look at a career where he doesn't win Green and Yellow? What are the real chances of Aaron Rodgers not playing for the Green Bay Packers in 2021?

With a new coach, the results seem to be the same every year. 1-3 in NFC title games with Mike McCarthy and 0-2 with LaFleur. The constant in all but 1 of those NFC title games is Aaron Rodgers. So maybe it's not "Does Rodgers move on from Green Bay". Maybe it's "Does Green Bay move on from Rodgers." They did draft up to get a shiny new toy, maybe it's rebuild time in Green Bay.

Let's Discuss!
You can't just go to another team and have a better shot at the Super Bowl. I mean you can, but it's FAR from a guarantee. Most of the season I didn't think Brady could win it all in Tampa. But then I saw how much pressure the Tampa defense put on Rodgers in the championship game and I knew it wouldn't take a special QB to win the SB with that D. Don't get me wrong, Brady IS a special QB, but Dilfer could have likely earned his 2nd ring in that game.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't just go to another team and have a better shot at the Super Bowl.
Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette, Ryan Succop...they ALL played for different teams last year, they all scored points in the Super Bowl and they went to Tampa and won a Super Bowl. Think of the best offensive weapons on any team. Now, add in Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB. You're telling me that team doesn't have a better shot at the Super Bowl next year than a Rodgers-less Green Bay Packers team?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, Leonard Fournette, Ryan Succop...they ALL played for different teams last year, they all scored points in the Super Bowl and they went to Tampa and won a Super Bowl. Think of the best offensive weapons on any team. Now, add in Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB. You're telling me that team doesn't have a better shot at the Super Bowl next year than a Rodgers-less Green Bay Packers team?
Sure, but if it's a trade Rodgers has a lot of say where he can go...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is not long for GB I suspect. That does mean he's traded this offseason. Man's not a dummy. They're probably the biggest threat to Tampa in the NFC next year and there obvious cap constraints.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is not long for GB I suspect. That does mean he's traded this offseason. Man's not a dummy. They're probably the biggest threat to Tampa in the NFC next year and there obvious cap constraints.
I don't think he's getting traded this off season. His salary would be used for leverage and teams will not want to give full value while he's making that much. So I think he stays in Green Bay.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's getting traded this off season. His salary would be used for leverage and teams will not want to give full value while he's making that much. So I think he stays in Green Bay.
I don't disagree. I would bet a lot he will not finish his career in GB though.