• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Are The Real Chances Of Aaron Rodgers Leaving Green Bay?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson for Rodgers. GB would have to add a 2nd or 3rd because of Rodgers shelf life

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is already walking back his comments. I don't think he's going anywhere right now

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is already walking back his comments. I don't think he's going anywhere right now
I think it was all about renegotiating his contract and getting more Benjamins. I believe he wants to be paid around the highest paid QB,s. Crazy how guys don't honor their contracts, unless something blatantly wrong. Now if a guy wins a few SB's I could understand the argument.
One of the sports reporters said that Forbes wrote an article on Brady and said he left between 80-100 million on the table with the Patriots, esp with the hometown discounts. He asks for a 2 yr 50 mill contract and Belichick hems and whores over it, hello FL. They definitely saved money with Cam

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should demand a trade to the Rams or Niners and end his career with like 5 straight SB appearances, while GB goes 2-14 for the next half decade

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the chance of my selfie getting to the front page?” - Album on Imgur

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was all about renegotiating his contract and getting more Benjamins. I believe he wants to be paid around the highest paid QB,s. Crazy how guys don't honor their contracts, unless something blatantly wrong. Now if a guy wins a few SB's I could understand the argument.
One of the sports reporters said that Forbes wrote an article on Brady and said he left between 80-100 million on the table with the Patriots, esp with the hometown discounts. He asks for a 2 yr 50 mill contract and Belichick hems and whores over it, hello FL. They definitely saved money with Cam

It isn’t crazy at all. It is the business of the NFL.

Teams can cut players who make too much $. So teams don’t honor the contracts they sign.

Players holding out and demanding a renegotiated contract when terms are in their favor is the counter.

Player are obligated to make their money while they can, because every NFL player is 1 freak injury away from being out of the league. And they all know this.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams can cut players who make too much $. So teams don’t honor the contracts they sign.

Players holding out and demanding a renegotiated contract when terms are in their favor is the counter.

Player are obligated to make their money while they can, because every NFL player is 1 freak injury away from being out of the league. And they all know this.
I get you and I guess I got spoiled here in NE. Brady left 80-100 mill on the table and was able to get better talent and go to 9 SB's, Go for the money and stop bitching about lack of talent around you

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are talking about Watson here and if he was hit by a bus today and couldn't play the team would owe him 45 million any how. If players are going to want to renegotiate after one season, what is the point of having multi year contracts with guarantees for teams?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about Watson here and if he was hit by a bus today and couldn't play the team would owe him 45 million any how. If players are going to want to renegotiate after one season, what is the point of having multi year contracts with guarantees for teams?

Watson wants to be traded because his organization is totally dysfunctional. I haven’t seen anything that said he wanted to renegotiate his contract.

The speculation raised here was that Rodgers wants more money.

My comment was a general one. If teams can cut players whenever they want, players should also be able to hold out when they are underpaid and have a little leverage on their side.

You always see fans criticizing players who hold out wanting their guy to honor his contract. Yet, fans almost never criticize owners for cutting that vet whose production has waned and are no longer worth their contract. Fans usually cheer those moves.

That is a bit hypocritical, IMO.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes they do its in the contract they can release them Its up to the players to hold out for better contracts

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson wants to be traded because his organization is totally dysfunctional. I haven’t seen anything that said he wanted to renegotiate his contract.

My comment was a general one. If teams can cut players whenever they want, players should also be able to hold out when they are underpaid and have a little leverage on their side.

You always see fans criticizing players who hold out wanting their guy to honor his contract. Yet, fans almost never criticize owners for cutting that vet whose production has waned and are no longer worth their contract. Fans usually cheer those moves.

Some kind of guarantee are included in most contracts for players of note, so there are consequences for cutting players. Teams might as well go to year to year contracts so it's fair to both sides.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s gotta be noticed by Rodgers that Tom Brady goes to Tampa, to an already pretty loaded roster, and they add Fournette, AB, Gronk and draft a Left Tackle to protect him, and Green Bay is drafting a backup QB and a needless RB to add to a team in the NFC title game last season

and than he has to take heat for losing to that team

I think it has more to do with that than anything. Rodgers in SF or LA, he’d probably end his career on a 4 or 5 year SB appearance run

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's settle this once and for all. The chances of Rodgers leaving GB this year are slim and none. And I just learned that slim left the building with Elvis.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s gotta be noticed by Rodgers that Tom Brady goes to Tampa, to an already pretty loaded roster, and they add Fournette, AB, Gronk and draft a Left Tackle to protect him, and Green Bay is drafting a backup QB and a needless RB to add to a team in the NFC title game last season

and than he has to take heat for losing to that team

I think it has more to do with that than anything. Rodgers in SF or LA, he’d probably end his career on a 4 or 5 year SB appearance run
Yes Brady recruited retired Gronk, hopefully stays on meds AB and Fournette. Does Aaron have anybody he can bring to GB like a retired Jordy Nelson or another talent who will play with him? Great to see the worst winning % franchise get some glimmer back for their long waiting fans, 13 years w/o a playoff and 18 w/o a win

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Brady recruited retired Gronk, hopefully stays on meds AB and Fournette. Does Aaron have anybody he can bring to GB like a retired Jordy Nelson or another talent who will play with him? Great to see the worst winning % franchise get some glimmer back for their long waiting fans, 13 years w/o a playoff and 18 w/o a win

Who the hell wants to live in Green Bayl

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell wants to live in Green Bayl
Seems like Aaron and Burt Farve had no issues, and they have one of the best stadiums and fanbases in the sport. Give me just a couple of hundred grand and I'll work at the Alaskan Pipeline, with no gloves or balaclava, just some thick Abudondees and my friend Jack Daniels, we drink alone

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Aaron and Burt Farve had no issues, and they have one of the best stadiums and fanbases in the sport. Give me just a couple of hundred grand and I'll work at the Alaskan Pipeline, with no gloves or balaclava, just some thick Abudondees and my friend Jack Daniels, we drink alone

I’ll come with ya, I’ll bring the pasta and a bucket of Bolognese