• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does LA stick with Goff before going to Bortles?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fan wanting Blake Bortles to play for his team??? Are there two different Blake Bortles, or just the one???

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
source.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of how it goes in the NFL. Beat up on the lesser teams, and struggle with the good ones. The good teams win more than 50% against the tougher opponents.

Goff didn't give up 55 points to Jameis Winston. IMO, the Rams players clearly were focused on Thursday night and took the Bucs lightly. The whole team sucked this weekend.

No, but he did throw 2 interceptions early on and didn't do squat on the opening drive allowing Tampa to quickly get out to a 21-0 lead.

That said, I agree with you completely they were focused on TNF... just like I think Seattle the weekend prior overlooked a Breesless Saints and were looking on to the division game against the Cards to hopefully go in 4-0 against the Rams.

Goff is a good QB, but he does struggle mightily under pressure. Most QBs do, but some more than others... I will say Goff is definitely on the Andy Dalton side of handling pressure. When he has time though, he makes all the right throws/reads, so there's no taking that away from the guy. If he learns to manage pressure better he should have quite the NFL career.

If Seattle/LAs D-Lines don't get pressure on Thursday, it SHOULD be another shootout, lol. Both secondaries are not very good.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailed on Goff last year man keep up. He can’t beat any good D. Hell he almost coughed up the game in Cleveland with a back up secondary. Go look at his stats from last years playoffs and get back to me
I don't think we're trying to convince you that Goff is great. I think the main part here is that it's laughable to think that Bortles is a better option. Trust me, I'm one of the few Jaguars fans out there. You do not want the Rams to be counting on him for more than just a game here and there.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Goff Can’t Stop Fumbling. Is It Because of His Tiny Hands?

Heading into the 2016 draft, that was one of the main questions surrounding the Cal passer. At the NFL combine that year, Goff’s hands measured in at 9 inches flat from thumb to pinky. That’s an exceptionally slight measurement for a quarterback who was expected to be taken at the very top of the draft, as most passers measure between 9.5 and 10 inches. The concern for NFL scouts is that small hands can lead to issues with ball security, and Goff fumbled the football 23 times in three seasons (37 games) at Cal.

Goff dismissed those concerns after his combine, but then his hands suddenly grew, measuring in at 9 ⅛ inches at his pro day a month later. Some quarterbacks will do stretches or get massages to increase their hand size for their official measurements, and it’s possible Goff did the same—the scrutiny that comes with being an NFL draft prospect is wild.

for comparison, gronks hands measured nearly 11 inches.

I saw on hard knocks that Goff didn’t know that the sun rose in the east and set in the west. Sure, a player must have physical attributes to play football but they also have to be smart... especially to play QB. I think Goff is a nice guy but he really looked like a dope in that show. You can’t fix dumb.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff has been playing like a bitch no??

At least Bortles can move in the pocket and has some speed :L

This is one of those situations where this is appropriate.

Be Careful What You Wish For!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of how it goes in the NFL. Beat up on the lesser teams, and struggle with the good ones. The good teams win more than 50% against the tougher opponents.

Goff didn't give up 55 points to Jameis Winston. IMO, the Rams players clearly were focused on Thursday night and took the Bucs lightly. The whole team sucked this weekend.

I tend to agree with you here, still a young QB, but you want to see some growth from the SB performance to this year for the franchise QB.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw on hard knocks that Goff didn’t know that the sun rose in the east and set in the west. Sure, a player must have physical attributes to play football but they also have to be smart... especially to play QB. I think Goff is a nice guy but he really looked like a dope in that show. You can’t fix dumb.
i remember that, but i think that was bortles. he made a comment about it when he played here vs in jax once.

edit: i check and it was time zones. he didnt know jax and NE were in the same one lol

Blake Bortles: 'No one really knows what time zone we're in' after flying to Foxborough from Florida

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we're trying to convince you that Goff is great. I think the main part here is that it's laughable to think that Bortles is a better option. Trust me, I'm one of the few Jaguars fans out there. You do not want the Rams to be counting on him for more than just a game here and there.

If Goff has 3 more turnovers this Thursday and that makes it 10 for 3 games yeah I’m all Bortles

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, don't over react friend. Although, @HammerDown had Bortles ahead of Brady in QB performance. So there is that.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, it wasn't Goff's fault that the Ram's defense couldn't stop the Bucs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Johnny Hekker is taking snaps with the first team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles will just turn the ball over.:heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailed on Goff last year man keep up. He can’t beat any good D. Hell he almost coughed up the game in Cleveland with a back up secondary. Go look at his stats from last years playoffs and get back to me

But still...it's Bortles. I could see if we are talking about a Nick Foles caliber backup

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still...it's Bortles. I could see if we are talking about a Nick Foles caliber backup

Yes it’s Bortles with a helluva a lot better OC and weapons on offense. Foles was garbage in LA under Fisher.

Goff has been awful going back to last year vs playoff caliber teams. WTH do you have to lose? Goff isn’t taking us anywhere on his arm

Bortles wins 9 games in Jax with no weapons at all but he only wins 7 in LA with a much better OC? :L

Last edited: