• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How about another prospects list?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know that the last time Jordan Eberle finished a hockey season on a team with a winning record was in 2008 when he was 17 years old?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Garth wants another project for Hamonic.

I think something revolving around Eberle is the most likely move there. Winnipeg could still be a factor if they decide to move Trouba but if they keep him they're probably out.

According to everything I've heard the Islanders have zero interest in Eberle. I think if all it would take is Eberle than a deal would have already been made. Garth wants a young NHL or NHL ready defenseman. If no deal is made until the offseason I expect things to change a little bit. If Garth can get a high draft pick somewhere in the 3 to 10 range & a good prospect he might make the deal. We'll see.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to everything I've heard the Islanders have zero interest in Eberle. I think if all it would take is Eberle than a deal would have already been made. Garth wants a young NHL or NHL ready defenseman. If no deal is made until the offseason I expect things to change a little bit. If Garth can get a high draft pick somewhere in the 3 to 10 range & a good prospect he might make the deal. We'll see.
Well, I for one hope it's the latter. I can only imagine how happy JT will be when the Isles lose Okposo and Hamonic and have a high pick or a prospect to show for it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I for one hope it's the latter. I can only imagine how happy JT will be when the Isles lose Okposo and Hamonic and have a high pick or a prospect to show for it.

Okposo has 15 goals & 6 of them came in 2 games. Some team will probably give him a huge contract. I don't expect it to be the Islanders. I feel it's more important for them to try to keep Frans Nielsen than Okposo.

Why are so many Leafs fans worried about Tavares? Stamkos seems to be the guy who could come to Toronto now. I will be shocked if he leaves in two plus years. Grabovski, Halak, Kulimen, Bailey & Clutterbuck will be UFA's at the same time Tavares is. Cap space won't be a problem & the Islanders have players like Barzal, Beauvillier, Dal Colle & others to take some of those other UFA's spots on the roster. I believe they'll be a better team if that's what happens.

As for Hamonic, I don't expect anything to happen until the offseason. The only thing that would change my mind on that is if the Islanders are out of the playoff hunt come trade deadline time.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okposo has 15 goals & 6 of them came in 2 games. Some team will probably give him a huge contract. I don't expect it to be the Islanders. I feel it's more important for them to try to keep Frans Nielsen than Okposo.

Why are so many Leafs fans worried about Tavares? Stamkos seems to be the guy who could come to Toronto now. I will be shocked if he leaves in two plus years. Grabovski, Halak, Kulimen, Bailey & Clutterbuck will be UFA's at the same time Tavares is. Cap space won't be a problem & the Islanders have players like Barzal, Beauvillier, Dal Colle & others to take some of those other UFA's spots on the roster. I believe they'll be a better team if that's what happens.

As for Hamonic, I don't expect anything to happen until the offseason. The only thing that would change my mind on that is if the Islanders are out of the playoff hunt come trade deadline time.
Why can't we have both??

Just saying, if you're JT, and you've been with the team for ten years and you're waiting on another group of prospects to make the jump to the big time would you want to re-sign? I mean, they have him in his prime right now, shouldn't they be making moves to win a Cup with him while he's at his best?

The way you're putting it the Isles sound like they are in the midst of a rebuild but I look at the standings and see them with the 5th best record in the east and holding a cupboard full of highly regarded prospects to boot and I may be off side here but what in the fuck are they waiting for?!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't want to make it look like I'm picking on the Isles here because there have been a few teams in recent years that have just seemed content with a never-ending rebuild but I feel like this is symptomatic of the modern NHL where GMs have become so terrified of making a bad trade that they just keep their prospects forever when it's so damn obvious that they should be moving them for bonafide stars. Columbus has Saad playing on the 4th line; you telling me he wouldn't look amazing at JT's side? Put Dal Colle and someone else in a package and get him! Move your first rounder to Winnipeg and get Ladd! Blow Calgary's door down and grab a D-man.

Everyone sits around talking about how scoring is down in the NHL; maybe the problem is the guys with all the talent in the world are playing with nobodies and need guys of a similar skillset next to them to really start getting pucks in the net again. Ugh.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we have both??

Just saying, if you're JT, and you've been with the team for ten years and you're waiting on another group of prospects to make the jump to the big time would you want to re-sign? I mean, they have him in his prime right now, shouldn't they be making moves to win a Cup with him while he's at his best?

The way you're putting it the Isles sound like they are in the midst of a rebuild but I look at the standings and see them with the 5th best record in the east and holding a cupboard full of highly regarded prospects to boot and I may be off side here but what in the fuck are they waiting for?!

Very few teams trade away their top prospects for rentals. Remember how shocked everyone was when the Capitals traded Forsberg for Erat? It rarely happens & when it does that teams GM usually takes a lot of heat for it. George McPhee is no longer the GM of the Capitals. He is howerver an advisor to Garth Snow with the Islanders. Garth wouldn't give up his top young guys when he acquired Vanek, Leddy or Boychuk. I don't see him doing so now.

Don't tell me Tavares is wasting his career with the Islanders either please. I've heard it before. The Leafs haven't won the Cup sense 1967. They've had quite a few good players since then. In all honesty I'll be surprised if the Leafs sign Stamkos. Toronto is in complete rebuild mode. It's going to take a lot more than Stamkos for them to get anywhere near the playoffs next year. If Stamkos wants to go home & get a HUGE contract I get it, but if he wants to win he'll probably sign for a bit less & go elsewhere.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't want to make it look like I'm picking on the Isles here because there have been a few teams in recent years that have just seemed content with a never-ending rebuild but I feel like this is symptomatic of the modern NHL where GMs have become so terrified of making a bad trade that they just keep their prospects forever when it's so damn obvious that they should be moving them for bonafide stars. Columbus has Saad playing on the 4th line; you telling me he wouldn't look amazing at JT's side? Put Dal Colle and someone else in a package and get him! Move your first rounder to Winnipeg and get Ladd! Blow Calgary's door down and grab a D-man.

Everyone sits around talking about how scoring is down in the NHL; maybe the problem is the guys with all the talent in the world are playing with nobodies and need guys of a similar skillset next to them to really start getting pucks in the net again. Ugh.

We'll see what Garth does, but I doubt he's going to give away the farm system for a one year run.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few teams trade away their top prospects for rentals. Remember how shocked everyone was when the Capitals traded Forsberg for Erat? It rarely happens & when it does that teams GM usually takes a lot of heat for it. George McPhee is no longer the GM of the Capitals. He is howerver an advisor to Garth Snow with the Islanders. Garth wouldn't give up his top young guys when he acquired Vanek, Leddy or Boychuk. I don't see him doing so now.

Don't tell me Tavares is wasting his career with the Islanders either please. I've heard it before. The Leafs haven't won the Cup sense 1967. They've had quite a few good players since then. In all honesty I'll be surprised if the Leafs sign Stamkos. Toronto is in complete rebuild mode. It's going to take a lot more than Stamkos for them to get anywhere near the playoffs next year. If Stamkos wants to go home & get a HUGE contract I get it, but if he wants to win he'll probably sign for a bit less & go elsewhere.
1) Never said strictly prospects-for-rentals, but you're kind of making my point for me - teams are shit scared of fucking up and therefore they just stay in neutral. For every Vanek and Clutterbuck trade Snow's made, he's also made a Reinhart trade. Failure isn't pre-determined but it feels like many front offices believe that to be the case.

2) Tavares is on year 7 of his career and he has 2 playoff rounds and no playoff victories to show for it. You never know in sports, but on paper at least the Isles sure as shit aren't anything close to a contender at the moment. How isn't that a waste of 7 years of one of the best talents in the game? I mean, isn't the point here to win Cups? How are you going to win if you're constantly waiting on prospects to develop, then when they do develop you decide they aren't good enough and wait for the next wave of prospects? I don't understand that at all.

But thanks for the completely related, totally relevant analysis of the current state of the Toronto Maple Leafs. I wasn't aware of what was going on with that franchise. :rolleyes2:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top drafted prospects according to an overgrown dingleberry:

1. William Nylander (TOR)
2. Dylan Strome (AZ)
3. Christian Dvorak (AZ)
4. Ivan Provorov (PHI)
5. Kyle Connor (WPG)
6. Mitch Marner (TOR)
7. Sebastian Aho (CAR)
8. Jimmy Vesey (NSH)
9. Zach Werenski (CLB)
10. Timo Meier (SJ)

TSN Hockey's Top 50 NHL-affiliated prospects

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about all the hype around him (his PPG seems kinda low for a guy going on 23 playing college puck) but if Jimmy Vesey does wait it out until July 1 and sign with the Leafs that's a lot of highly-regarded prospects the Leafs will have after having basically dick all in terms of highly-rated youth just a couple years ago.

Odd that the dingbat doesn't mention Connor Brown at all, though.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I tend to agree with you, I just don't see Garth taking another gamble like that. He's been burned a few times already and I don't blame him taking a stance of D for D when it comes to Hamonic.

That being said, Hamonic for a 1st line winger to play with JT is something I could get behind. The problem is, I don't think the Isles current defensive depth could withstand losing Hamonic this season.

I see both sides of this.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I tend to agree with you, I just don't see Garth taking another gamble like that. He's been burned a few times already and I don't blame him taking a stance of D for D when it comes to Hamonic.

That being said, Hamonic for a 1st line winger to play with JT is something I could get behind. The problem is, I don't think the Isles current defensive depth could withstand losing Hamonic this season.

I see both sides of this.
It'd be fine if he kept Hamonic, but, if you're going to and you plan on making a Cup run, they have other pieces they can move.

If Barzal is the untouchable (and that is totally understandable), there are plenty others in the Isles' farm they can move and it doesn't necessarily have to be for a rental.

I just don't see the logic in not doing anything and wasting years of superstar talent. It's never made any sense to me.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be fine if he kept Hamonic, but, if you're going to and you plan on making a Cup run, they have other pieces they can move.

If Barzal is the untouchable (and that is totally understandable), there are plenty others in the Isles' farm they can move and it doesn't necessarily have to be for a rental.

I just don't see the logic in not doing anything and wasting years of superstar talent. It's never made any sense to me.

Dal Colle is a big question mark so far. He was having a down year, then got traded and now he's playing well again. If I'm going to make a move, he might be the guy and now might be the time to sell high.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now De Haan has a lower body injury so I don't see the Isles trading any defenseman. They might call up Pulock, but it depends on how serious the injury is. We know Stamkos isn't going anywhere so that's one guy off everyone's list as the trade deadline looms.

I don't see Garth trading Barzal, Beauvillier or Pulock. Dal Colle is possible depending on the player they get back. I'd be surprised if Dal Colle was traded for a rental. We just don't see top prospects dealt for rentals anymore. Heck when the Rangers traded Duclair they got Yandle for the end of last year & all of this season. The one prospect who could be dealt for a rental that wouldn't surprise me is Ho-Sang.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benson done for the season due to injury - Tough break for the kid in his draft year.

when bobmac had his 30 minute top prospects show a couple weeks back ... they ended the show with Mudryk asking him who is biggest drop was and he said Tyler Benson ... can only imagine where hes gonna drop to now (or not???)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when bobmac had his 30 minute top prospects show a couple weeks back ... they ended the show with Mudryk asking him who is biggest drop was and he said Tyler Benson ... can only imagine where hes gonna drop to now (or not???)

Might be worth a flyer in the 2nd round.

/It's worked out well in the past when the Flames have drafted Edmonton born and raised guys.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
March's list

ISS Hockey has released its new monthly rankings of the top prospects eligible for the 2016 NHL Draft. This month's rankings include the top 200 skaters, along with the top 15 goaltenders, as evaluated and ranked by ISS Hockey’s worldwide network of scouts.

Below is the ISS Top 30, highlighting the rankings for the top 30 prospects:

Rank Player Position Team League
1 Matthews, Auston RW Zurich ZSC SuiA
2 Puljujarvi, Jesse RW Karpat FinE
3 Laine, Patrik RW Tappara FinE
4 Nylander, Alexander RW Mississauga OHL
5 Tkachuk, Matthew LW London OHL
6 Chychrun, Jakob LD Sarnia OHL
7 McLeod, Michael C Mississauga OHL
8 Dubois, Pierre-Luc LW Cape Breton QMJHL
9 Sergachev, Mikhail RD Windsor OHL
10 Brown, Logan C Windsor OHL
11 Jones, Max LW London OHL
12 Juolevi, Olli LD London OHL
13 Rubtsov, German C Russia MHL 98 RusJr
14 Keller, Clayton C USA Under-18 NTDP USHL
15 Jost, Tyson RW Penticton BCHL
16 Gauthier, Julien RW Val-d'Or QMJHL
17 Bellows, Kieffer C USA Under-18 NTDP USHL
18 Kunin, Luke RW Wisconsin BigTen
19 Tufte, Riley LW Blaine MN-HS
20 McAvoy, Charles RD Boston Univ H.E.
21 Bean, Jake LD Calgary WHL
22 Thompson, Tage C Connecticut H.E.
23 Bastian, Nathan C Mississauga OHL
24 Fabbro, Dante RD Penticton BCHL
25 Stanley, Logan LD Windsor OHL
26 Asplund, Rasmus C Farjestad SweJE
27 Abramov, Vitalii LW Gatineau QMJHL
28 Laberge, Pascal C Victoriaville QMJHL
29 Dube, Dillon C Kelowna WHL
30 Mattson, Mitchell C Grand Rapids MN-HS

March's release of the ISS Top 30 saw several players make significant movement towards the top of the first round. Alexander Nylander joins Matthews (#1), Puljujarvi (#2), Laine (#3) and Tkachuk (#5) as rank #4 in ISS Top 5 and pushes Jakob Chychrun out and into rank #6. Left winger, Pierre-Luc Dubois of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles rises five positions, from #13 to #8, to break into the Top 10 for the first time this season.

"Nylander has improved his willingness to battle for space,” says ISS Hockey Director of Scouting Dennis MacInnis. “He has the puck skills and one on one ability to turn people inside out in the offensive zone.”

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Mathews converted to wing?