• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How about another prospects list?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants him to be a complete bust. I think we deserve that after Nino seems to have panned out nicely for MN!!
Nino & his agent are the reasons why he's not an Islander. At the time of the trade I didn't like it. I wasn't a fan of Clutterbuck. However, if he can continue to play like he did last year, it's all good.

Reinhart was given a chance in the postseason & was a disappointment. If he doesn't make it in the NHL it won't be because he didn't put in the time & effort. The bottom line in today's NHL is, if you can't skate you can't play.

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive defenseman are generally a hit or miss. I think they're scary, especially without that boarderline elite skating. Luke Schenn, Jared Cowen and Erik Gudbranson all come to mind. Capable of NHL action but not that top pairing game. However defenseman generally do take longer to develop.

Sure many remember Victor Hedman constantly being mentioned a bust. Adam Larsson too for that matter.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive defenseman are generally a hit or miss. I think they're scary, especially without that boarderline elite skating. Luke Schenn, Jared Cowen and Erik Gudbranson all come to mind. Capable of NHL action but not that top pairing game. However defenseman generally do take longer to develop.

Sure many remember Victor Hedman constantly being mentioned a bust. Adam Larsson too for that matter.
FWIW, I think if his development had been handled better Schenn would've been a better player. Blame Burke/Wilson for that one.

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I think if his development had been handled better Schenn would've been a better player. Blame Burke/Wilson for that one.

Luke Schenn does not have a high IQ nor is he a great skater. Slower meat and potato defensive defenseman hace been struggling, and there continues to be less and less as time goes on. Luke Schenn was never a big time scorer in Juniors either. He is what he is.

I prefer to stay away from goaltenders and slower DD in the first round or so.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Schenn does not have a high IQ nor is he a great skater. Slower meat and potato defensive defenseman hace been struggling, and there continues to be less and less as time goes on. Luke Schenn was never a big time scorer in Juniors either. He is what he is.

I prefer to stay away from goaltenders and slower DD in the first round or so.
Those are things he could've been coached into. He was never going to be a high-scoring defenceman,, but the potential was there for him to develop into a Scott Stevens-like defenceman.

Anyway, there aren't a lot of players who went after him in that draft who were exceptional - pretty much just Karlsson (and Eberle, if you're an Oil fan) and Schenn ended up landing a good scorer in JVR so on the list of Leaf fuckups it's probably the one I'm least upset about, especially if JVR eventually gets moved for high picks/prospects.

Tomas Tatar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are things he could've been coached into. He was never going to be a high-scoring defenceman,, but the potential was there for him to develop into a Scott Stevens-like defenceman.

Anyway, there aren't a lot of players who went after him in that draft who were exceptional - pretty much just Karlsson (and Eberle, if you're an Oil fan) and Schenn ended up landing a good scorer in JVR so on the list of Leaf fuckups it's probably the one I'm least upset about, especially if JVR eventually gets moved for high picks/prospects.

Those defenseman generally don't fare all too well in todays game. It's very speedy and skill hockey with more calls. You can't hammer those same crosschecks to guys in your crease as you once could. Luke Schenn doesn't have what it takes to be great in this league and I don't believe he would have been able to anywhere else.

John Carlson was also in that draft as well, no?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ISS latest list. sounds like at least part of the WJHC was considered.

----------------------------

ISS Hockey has released its new monthly rankings of the top prospects eligible for the 2016 NHL Draft. This month's rankings include the top 200 skaters, along with the top 15 goaltenders, as evaluated and ranked by ISS Hockey’s worldwide network of scouts.

Below is the ISS Top 30, highlighting the rankings for the top 30 prospects:

Rank Player Position Team League
1 Matthews, Auston RW Zurich ZSC SuiA
2 Puljujarvi, Jesse RW Karpat FinE
3 Tkachuk, Matthew LW London OHL
4 Laine, Patrik RW Tappara FinE
5 Chychrun, Jakob LD Sarnia OHL
6 Nylander, Alexander RW Mississauga OHL
7 McLeod, Michael C Mississauga OHL
8 Jones, Max LW London OHL
9 Jost, Tyson RW Penticton BCHL
10 Sergachev, Mikhail RD Windsor OHL
11 Rubtsov, German C Russia MHL 98 RusJr
12 Gauthier, Julien RW Val-d'Or QMJHL
13 Brown, Logan C Windsor OHL
14 Juolevi, Olli LD London OHL
15 Bellows, Kieffer C USA Under-18 NTDP USHL
16 Fabbro, Dante RD Penticton BCHL
17 Keller, Clayton C USA Under-18 NTDP USHL
18 Dubois, Pierre-Luc LW Cape Breton QMJHL
19 Benson, Tyler LW Vancouver WHL
20 McAvoy, Charles RD Boston Univ. H.E.
21 Bean, Jake LD Calgary WHL
22 Krys, Chad LD USA Under-18 NTDP USHL
23 Bastian, Nathan C Mississauga OHL
24 Steel, Sam C Regina WHL
25 Knierim, William RW Dubuque USHL
26 Kunin, Luke RW Wisconsin BigTen
27 Asplund, Rasmus C Farjestad SweJE
28 Tufte, Riley LW Blaine MN-HS
29 Mattson, Mitchell C Grand Rapids MN-HS
30 Raddysh, Taylor RW Erie OHL

Tappara's Patrik Laine rises five positions to #4 in January's Release of the ISS Top 30. This is Laine's first appearance in ISS Hockey's Top 5 rankings for the 2016 NHL Draft. The biggest mover for the month is German Rubtsov, who climbed over 15 positions to #11 this month. Rubtsov's impressive showing at the World Junior A Challenge, caught the attention of all ISS Scouts.

"Laine and Rubtsov, both brought an outstanding”, says ISS Hockey Director of Scouting Dennis MacInnis. “Laine's confidence, and ability to consistently win battles and space enhanced his pro potential. While Rubtsov used his smarts, skill and power to improve his latest ranking with ISS.”

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ISS Hockey has released its new monthly rankings of the top prospects eligible for the 2016 NHL Draft. This month's rankings include the top 200 skaters, along with the top 15 goaltenders, as evaluated and ranked by ISS Hockey’s worldwide network of scouts.

Tappara's Patrik Laine rises five positions to #4 in January's Release of the ISS Top 30. This is Laine's first appearance in ISS Hockey's Top 5 rankings for the 2016 NHL Draft. The biggest mover for the month is German Rubtsov, who climbed over 15 positions to #11 this month. Rubtsov's impressive showing at the World Junior A Challenge, caught the attention of all ISS Scouts.

"Laine and Rubtsov, both brought an outstanding”, says ISS Hockey Director of Scouting Dennis MacInnis. “Laine's confidence, and ability to consistently win battles and space enhanced his pro potential. While Rubtsov used his smarts, skill and power to improve his latest ranking with ISS.”

I agree with Laine's move up the rankings. I'd move Gaut

I'm on board with Laine's rise; after watching him I'd seriously consider him for 1st overall if I had that pick.

I think Julien should be higher. I like that guy to go in the top 5-7.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw ISS and read 'ISIS"...the terrorists have won. :(

And apparently literacy lost. :D

I kid, I kid. When I first read it yesterday I definitely noticed for the first time how that could happen.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Laine's move up the rankings. I'd move Gaut

I'm on board with Laine's rise; after watching him I'd seriously consider him for 1st overall if I had that pick.

I think Julien should be higher. I like that guy to go in the top 5-7.

By Julien I meant Gauthier... be nice if I included that little tidbit.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
latest list from ISS
(come on, top 5 pick!)

------------------------

6 McLeod, Michael C Mississauga OHL
7 Nylander, Alexander RW Mississauga OHL
9 Sergachev, Mikhail RD Windsor OHL
10 Juolevi, Olli LD London OHL
12 Brown, Logan C Windsor OHL
13 Dubois, Pierre-Luc LW Cape Breton QMJHL
14 Jost, Tyson RW Penticton BCHL
15 Keller, Clayton C USA Under-18 NTDP USHL
16 Gauthier, Julien RW Val-d'Or QMJHL
17 Bellows, Kieffer C USA Under-18 NTDP USHL
18 Kunin, Luke RW Wisconsin BigTen
19 McAvoy, Charles RD Boston Univ H.E.
20 Fabbro, Dante RD Penticton BCHL
22 Tufte, Riley LW Blaine MN-HS
23 Krys, Chad LD USA Under-18 NTDP USHL
24 Bastian, Nathan C Mississauga OHL
25 Mattson, Mitchell C Grand Rapids MN-HS
26 Knierim, William RW Dubuque USHL
27 Stanley, Logan LD Windsor OHL
28 Asplund, Rasmus C Farjestad SweJE
29 Laberge, Pascal C Victoriaville QMJHL
30 Hajek, Libor LD Saskatoon WHL

Auston Matthews (Rank #1), Jesse Puljujarvi (Rank #2), Matthew Tkachuk (Rank #3), Patrik Laine (Rank #4) and Jakob Chychrun (Rank #5) remain unchanged in February’s ISS Hockey’s release of top prospects for the 2016 NHL Draft. Instead, there is a drastic change in the goalie rankings leading up to the draft. Evan Fitzpatrick and Joseph Woll snatch the #1 and #2 goalie rankings, respectively.

"Sherbrooke Phoenix goalkeeper Evan Fitzpatrick has tremendous upside,” says ISS Hockey Director of Scouting Dennis MacInnis. “A butterfly goalie with good size and athleticism. He is calm, relaxed and controlled between the pipes, which has helped him gain the #1 rank of the top eligible goaltenders in the 2016 NHL Draft.”

“Joseph Woll of the USA Under-18 has been steadily proving that he has the ability to become a solid NHL goalie,” comments ISS Hockey Head U.S. Scout, Phil Myre. “Woll has developed patience in the net that adds to his high skill level and consistency game after game.”

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see one of these lists with Puljujarvi second, I get worried that we will win the lottery and that bald, Finnish fuckwit will pass on Matthews.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see one of these lists with Puljujarvi second, I get worried that we will win the lottery and that bald, Finnish fuckwit will pass on Matthews.
There's no guarantee that Matthews will be better than Puljujarvi. I mean, going by the WJC, Puljujarvi outplayed Matthews IMO (and by point totals).

There's never any certainty when it comes to the draft. At points last year there was talk Eichel might be a better prospect than McJesus.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone got a link to the list after 30? want to see how far Tyler Benson has dropped

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN Mid-Season Draft Rankings topped by Big Three

Matthews is pretty much guaranteed to go first but man it sure looks like anyone in the top 5 is getting a star.

Also feel like this could be a year where we could see some top 5 picks being traded. A lot of the teams in the cellar right now (Winnipeg and Edmonton especially) will be aiming for the playoffs and if they can trade down and get a good right now roster piece I don't think either would think twice about a trade unless they've got the top pick.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN Mid-Season Draft Rankings topped by Big Three

Matthews is pretty much guaranteed to go first but man it sure looks like anyone in the top 5 is getting a star.

Also feel like this could be a year where we could see some top 5 picks being traded. A lot of the teams in the cellar right now (Winnipeg and Edmonton especially) will be aiming for the playoffs and if they can trade down and get a good right now roster piece I don't think either would think twice about a trade unless they've got the top pick.

I expect the Isles to get a high draft pick & a player/prospect for Hamonic. So either team works.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Isles to get a high draft pick & a player/prospect for Hamonic. So either team works.
I don't think Garth wants another project for Hamonic.

I think something revolving around Eberle is the most likely move there. Winnipeg could still be a factor if they decide to move Trouba but if they keep him they're probably out.