• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holiday Bowl vs USC Discussion Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that took Tom Osborne's email in a sort of funny way? Just why did Tom specifically mention that he did not know Mike Riley?

He could have just said, I wish him all the best.

But he didn't. He started with that he did not know Mike Riley. Obviously, I am a conspiracy theorist. It could actually mean, Tom Osborne does not know Mike Riley.

Wouldn't that just mean that by the time Riley was a head coach that Osborne was already retired and/or that Nebraska and Oregon St. never played while the 2 were coaches?

It might be a bit different if he said "I don't know anything about Mike Riley" or "I've never even heard of Mike Riley."

Sounds like he's just saying that the 2 have never met, which wouldn't be at all unusual.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanging in there at USC (-6).

Actually one down to (-5.5).

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hanging in there at USC (-6).

Actually one down to (-5.5).

Even though I predicted USC to open about a -6.5 favorite, I still get the feeling that the oddsmakers are trying to suck people in to bet USU with those points spreads. I wonder if they know something we don't know. I think Nebraska has a decent shot at winning, if they don't turn the ball over, but other than that, I have no feeling about this game. What's your thoughts on this, RA?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I predicted USC to open about a -6.5 favorite, I still get the feeling that the oddsmakers are trying to suck people in to bet USU with those points spreads. I wonder if they know something we don't know. I think Nebraska has a decent shot at winning, if they don't turn the ball over, but other than that, I have no feeling about this game. What's your thoughts on this, RA?

I was expecting USC (-8).

If someone were to twist my arm, I'd bet USC at (-5.5).

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do not let me see anyone else complaining about PMs from you. If it happens, you won't be able to use PMs anymore.

Good Lord Xorbitant, you are freaking unbelievable. I have never pm'ed you unless I am responding to a pm you sent me. And I did say before if you didn't drop this I would post the entire conversation for all to see.

Xorbitant's pms and my responses said:
Exorbitant's PM Sunday: I find it really odd that you and some other posters here got all over my ass about my opinions of what happened in Lincoln, yet not one of you guys said anything to Antone about him wishing death to a couple of announcers... Fucking Nebraska vs. Minnesota

HISL Response I find it really odd that you can be so negative when the guy hasn't even coached one game here yet.

Exorbitant: I find it even more odd that you didn't think Antone's post wishing death on two people wasn't terrible.

I'm not being any more negative than RA and that Big10 fella, but of course you don't have the guts to scold them.

HISL They are not spamming it all over the forum, nor spreading unsubstantiated lies. You on the other hand say you are going to wait and see and then got to the next thread and spew some worst case scenario that hasn't even happened as if it is documented history.

You want the worst to happen because you didn't get the guy you wanted, yet you claim to support the team at the same time.

With that I'm done. You have nothing to say that you haven't already spewed on every possible outlet.

Exorb Just because I can't find the articles that says Tressel expressed some interest doesn't men that they never existed. I posted a thread just today about the college football playoff, and one of the links that I posted had the time slots for the semifinal games when I posted the link, but just minutes later the damn thing said the page can't be found. Amazing how that works on the net, isn't it?

It's very obvious to me that my concerns over what will happen to MY football program is just really horrible, but Antone's death wish to two completely innocent announcers is no biggie to you. Shame on you!

HISL I didn't even see the freaking post by Antone. If it is so freaking bad say something to him or take your whining to a mod. Just quit stalking me. Jesus F. Christ you are something else.

XorbitantYou didn't see Antone's post? I sent you a link to it on another PM. Here it is again... Fucking Nebraska vs. Minnesota

I'm not stalking you. This is my last PM to you.

And no I still didn't read the "death threat" Like I said if you have a problem then address it. Don't come crying to me. You sure as hell won't find sympathy here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're gonna have a hard time scoring many points in this here game.

Unless Beck says fuck it and breaks out the trick plays.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're gonna have a hard time scoring many points in this here game.

Unless Beck says fuck it and breaks out the trick plays.

Scoring enough points hasn't been a serious problem. It's keeping the other guys from scoring more that has been the challenge.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scoring enough points hasn't been a serious problem. It's keeping the other guys from scoring more that has been the challenge.

USC's Defense only gave up around 20 points a game this year, and that's playing in the PAC where Offenses like to score en sech. They have elite athletes now I want ye to know.

We'll jest have to see.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC's Defense only gave up around 20 points a game this year, and that's playing in the PAC where Offenses like to score en sech. They have elite athletes now I want ye to know.

We'll jest have to see.

20+ should be enough to win a game.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been watching these pinkshirts play defense? We'll need way more than 20 to have a shot.....

Which leads back to my original statement on the subject:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunshine and rainbows sir

Still don't follow. I said that the defense stopping teams from scoring more than 20 has been the problem, not so much the scoring of points for the offense. How is that Sunshine and rainbows?

20 points SHOULD be enough to win a game.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you meant with this current defense it should be enough.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you meant with this current defense it should be enough.

dofRBEl.gif

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel

It ain't even all on this Defense either. The Offense sputters too much, fumbles too much, gets penalized too much, runs into each other too much.

Our Offense gift wraps opportunities for our opponents' Offenses to score.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Announcer lineups for Holiday Bowl-
TV: Rece Davis, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack, Samantha Ponder
Radio: Bill Rosinski, David Norrie, Joe Schad