• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear the Fin is as bad as some of the posters here when it comes to considering UFAs as commodities on the shelf next to the milk.

No matter how many misguided souls and websites think that way, it doesn't change the way it works; which remains: it takes two to tango.

Waiiit a minute... I see what you did there... :p

How do we know that it works that way, again? Isn't it safe to say that your "Winnik didn't want to stay in SJ" theory has as big a chance at being the actual real reason as my "Dougie wanted Burish over Winnik from the beginning" theory?

One of us could be right... or neither of us could be right... right? Or how is yours more cold stone fact than mine? I don't get it...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winnik priced himself out of the market. Wilson moved on and got Burish. I don't know what the big issue is. Did you really want Wilson waiting around for three weeks hoping a 3rd/4th liner lowers his demands? Especially when he can sign a perfectly capable replacement early on.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiiit a minute... I see what you did there... :p

How do we know that it works that way, again? Isn't it safe to say that your "Winnik didn't want to stay in SJ" theory has as big a chance at being the actual real reason as my "Dougie wanted Burish over Winnik from the beginning" theory?

One of us could be right... or neither of us could be right... right? Or how is yours more cold stone fact than mine? I don't get it...

It isn't, and you don't get it :wink: which is why I wrote, "You're assumptions are no more rooted in reality than what I speculatively suggested."

Only one of us suggested anything we said was anything close to a fact...

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winnik priced himself out of the market. Wilson moved on and got Burish. I don't know what the big issue is. Did you really want Wilson waiting around for three weeks hoping a 3rd/4th liner lowers his demands? Especially when he can sign a perfectly capable replacement early on.

This^. I like Winnik a lot (was one of his biggest supporters on here), but this is what happened in my humble opinion. It's similar to the Beltran (although Winnik is no where close to as good as Beltran comparitively) situation last offseason with the Giants/Cardinals. Beltran was holding out hope to get some huge contract and his demands were different at the beginning of the FA period. When the Giants went out and traded for Melky and Pagan, Beltran had one less suitor for his services. When the Cardinals offered him $26M for 2 years, a lot of Giants fans were pissed saying we should have just paid him that (instead of trading for the other two). The market doesn't work like that. Winnik was trying to get a big deal, waited around and then found out the market wasn't going to be what he thought it was, lowered his demands and took the best contract offer he could find. Good for him.

It's funny because if DWil waited Winnik out and then Winnik did sign a $2.25M deal with some team, the board would be up in arms on how he didn't react fast enough.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The early on is spot-on (can't get more desperate than picking up the phone and calling the scrub at 9:00:01AM like he did), but I respectfully disagree on the capable part.

Will wait and see and eat crow if needed but there's nothing that anyone can say that can convince me that Burish is overall half the player Winnik is. Sorry.

But I'll move on... it's not THAT big deal, I promise. :p

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early on is spot-on (can't get more desperate than picking up the phone and calling the scrub at 9:00:01AM like he did), but I respectfully disagree on the capable part.

Will wait and see and eat crow if needed but there's nothing that anyone can say that can convince me that Burish is overall half the player Winnik is. Sorry.

But I'll move on... it's not THAT big deal, I promise. :p

That is sorry. Sorry, indeed. :sad:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is sorry. Sorry, indeed. :sad:

Can't help it... I like Winnik a lot.

And I don't care for Burish at all.

And 2+2=4 and stuff...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620 said:
Coyotes Captain Shane Doan making first official visit today in New York with the Rangers

If Doan is visiting other teams it looks like he's serious about moving on.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help it... I like Winnik a lot.

And I don't care for Burish at all.

And 2+2=4 and stuff...

I know you can't help it but I, to this day, don't understand why.

I know you're not so closed-minded as to actually think that if someone who really knew both players and understood the game better than you or I ever could told you that Burish was 51% the player Winnik is that you'd just dismiss it.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we need PK help? Coaching will only get you results if the correct players are brought in. So far the Sharks will use 5 out of their top 6 to play on the PK. The remaining option Pk'ers on this team are Handzus, Burish, Desjardin, Galiardi which would be great if they work out. If the roster is set and no more changes come, then the Sharks top 6 will be burnt out again once April comes around.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you can't help it but I, to this day, don't understand why.

I know you're not so closed-minded as to actually think that if someone who really knew both players and understood the game better than you or I ever could told you that Burish was 51% the player Winnik is that you'd just dismiss it.

Haha.. I didn't mean it to be taken THAT verbatim. I can't quantify it and 50% was an exaggeration. I just think that Winnik is "much" better, that's all.

But I really do want to move on. Good luck to Winnik on the Ducks but I hope he sucks for them. And good luck to our man Burish. I hope he doesn't suck as bad as I think he will.

Peace outside.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. I didn't mean it to be taken THAT verbatim. I can't quantify it and 50% was an exaggeration. I just think that Winnik is "much" better, that's all.

But I really do want to move on. Good luck to Winnik on the Ducks but I hope he sucks for them. And good luck to our man Burish. I hope he doesn't suck as bad as I think he will.

Peace outside.

See how easy it is to make a reasonable point when you say what you actually mean rather than the "hyperbole on bath salts" version? :D

Good luck to them both, indeed.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he wanted to stay out west? I hope he spends NY's money well.

Doesn't he live (part time?) in NY or something?

I'm still pretty sure he'll end up in NY or Pittsburgh.

Never really got my hopes up that SJ had a chance so no disappointment from me (or calling Dougie an idiot) when he doesn't end up in SJ. /shrug

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not that I care bout SJ not signing Winnik, but it just makes the whole McGinn trade look even dumber now... Kinda like when SJ traded for Huskins & Moen, they let the better guy walk and signed the extra parts... Least TJ wasnt overpaid like Huskins though...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
God, that makes the McGinn deal even worse.

And fuck Anaheim.

Winnik gone is no big deal. He's a functional 4th liner, but not the difference maker.

Right now assuming doan and semin sing somewhere other than SJ, the sharks are fucked. They have just 2 top 6 forwards under 30. No real solid 3rd liners, and their top defenseman is now 36 (nearly 37 by next PO's). This is not looking too good...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winnik gone is no big deal. He's a functional 4th liner, but not the difference maker.

Right now assuming doan and semin sing somewhere other than SJ, the sharks are fucked. They have just 2 top 6 forwards under 30. No real solid 3rd liners, and their top defenseman is now 36 (nearly 37 by next PO's). This is not looking too good...

:hdn: so your saying WE R FUCKED!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:hdn: so your saying WE R FUCKED!

im saying that right now, dougie is out on a limb. The only way the sharks are going to be in any way competitive is if dougie gets absurdly lucky.

IF galiardi returns to 2009-10 form, and can solidify himself as key scoring depth...

IF robinson revolutionizes the PK while utilizing bottom liners to do it...

IF wingels takes a giants stride and also solidifies as a 3rd liner...

IF nemo finds consistency and plays well...

IF they suffer no major injuries to any of the top 6 or boyle...

IF one of the rooks in the farm surprises positively (like oleksuk)...

IF all those come true, the sharks might compete for a cup this year, but if just about ANY of them dont, then it's gunna be a real uphill battle.