• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's Post Free Agency Eagles' Mock

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims is right there in the mix for us ... it's just that I don't see his workout numbers mirroring his style of play on the field. I wouldn't have a big problem at all drafting a young Alshon, which is what his game reminds me of; Alshon version 2020 with age, weight gain and injuries isn't all that good ... but Alshon in his prime was really good. It would not shock me at all if Mims is the pick at 21 or in a slight trade down.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the first 4 or 5 plays of this Aiyuk highlight vid ... that's a kid who dusts and leaves defenders. You don't see that many contested catches because he creates so much separation in his routes. Mims on the other hand is a tremendous contested catch guy, but it does slightly concern me that too many of his catches have defenders draped on him. With his speed and agility, why did we not see him dominate defenders "separation-wise" on the college level?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a very good team in some aspects and a really poor team in others. We need LBers, another CB with talent... safety too. But this team is in DESPERATE need of a young WR to match with Wentz for a decade. I don’t want any 2nd tier guys. I want Jeudy and do whatever you have to do to get him. Our first, 3rd and next years 2nd. Get this kid and lock down WR for a decade.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims is right there in the mix for us ... it's just that I don't see his workout numbers mirroring his style of play on the field. I wouldn't have a big problem at all drafting a young Alshon, which is what his game reminds me of; Alshon version 2020 with age, weight gain and injuries isn't all that good ... but Alshon in his prime was really good. It would not shock me at all if Mims is the pick at 21 or in a slight trade down.
If a guy can't get separation in college he has no chance at the next level. JJAW the 2nd?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims is a 4.3 guy, Jeffrey wasn't. I think JJAW was a 4.5 or 4.6.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a guy can't get separation in college he has no chance at the next level. JJAW the 2nd?
Metcalf never seperated either and barely produced in college, but had a real solid rookie year. Sometimes it can work, but I do agree with you overall.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know 40 times are a big thing, but I don't put too much stock in it as most ... I'd much rather look at the game film. Can he create separation consistently, can he be explosive "after" the catch, does he have awareness while running, can he break arm tackles, does he run away from defenders instead of just settling for the catch? A few hundredths of a second difference running without pads, in a straight line, zero fatigue, no ball in your hands ... shouldn't determine how a receiver will do in the NFL.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know 40 times are a big thing, but I don't put too much stock in it as most ... I'd much rather look at the game film. Can he create separation consistently, can he be explosive "after" the catch, does he have awareness while running, can he break arm tackles, does he run away from defenders instead of just settling for the catch? A few hundredths of a second difference running without pads, in a straight line, zero fatigue, no ball in your hands ... shouldn't determine how a receiver will do in the NFL.

Very true! We've seen a lot of track stars that can't run well in pads and helmet.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles are probably enamored with Denzel Mims.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles are probably enamored with Denzel Mims.
He's raw, but has the tools. More of a second round talent to me though.
I think this WR class is being severely overrated on the whole. There's only 3 real first rounders. Then there's a ton of 2nd and 3rd round guys.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at Jefferson the more I think, why is Ruggs rated higher? Speed alone doesn’t make a stud WR but Jefferson’s production and overall talent is something special. While I still think I might take Queen or McKinney over Jefferson I am starting to waiver.