• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A reporter just interviewed Thornton the other day, and he said from the news he is getting from people, that he plans on being in Switzerland all year. I'll look for the article again and post it....

Maybe were lucky and he just ment all of 2012 haha

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe were lucky and he just ment all of 2012 haha

LOL. That would be nice.
It sounds like the players association is kind of dragging their feet on making an offer now. They better get going soon.....The owners are gonna get pretty much what they want out of this, doesn't matter if they miss a year or not. That would be a whole year of salary these guys will never get back.
Each side make a serious offer, and then just split the difference.....before they ruin this sport!!! They aren't the NFL or NBA, and if fans don't come back strong, both sides will be fucked!!!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a plus to the strike around here... I dont have to deal with all the dingbat bandwagon blackhawks fans... Strange how I dont see any Hawks jerseys every wjere I go now except for the people I know are real hockey fans... Im still sportin my Nabby & Nugent Hopkins jerseys strike or not...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
eh that looks more like a shoulder to inbetween the teets then the shoulder to head, now blind side, an argument can be made because he slid in from behind his own teammate

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sure glad the SF Giants are playing in the world series, cause they are making this lock out not that big of a deal.

Until I read this!
Sharks' Patrick Marleau makes bombshell statement about NHL intentions | October | 2012 Articles

At the end of the article, it mentions how the owners were out signing these big contracts, and it looks like they knew they weren't going to actually pay out all that $$$
Ryan Suter was interviewed and said the same thing. Said he asked the Wild's owner specifically about this when he signed that huge deal, and was told he would be paid fully. He said he's now feeling like he was totally mislead....
This whole thing is a fucking joke. I'm going to talk to the guys I have season tickets with, and I'm going to see what we need to do to get our $$ back. I'm about done with all this.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
^^^ Wait wait wait... You mean Patrick Marleau actually spoke?? haha somehow im not buying this and look at it like the presidental election ads, aka just slander from the one side towards another to paint a "bad guy" picture... Majority of these big contracts were handed out years before this strike happened. I doubt that this was in their minds when the front loaded contract era began.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF Giants are the 2012 CHAMPS!

:thrasher: Yeah Baby! :thrasher:

Now all we need is for the NHL & NHLPA to get a contract.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the article, it mentions how the owners were out signing these big contracts, and it looks like they knew they weren't going to actually pay out all that $$$
Ryan Suter was interviewed and said the same thing. Said he asked the Wild's owner specifically about this when he signed that huge deal, and was told he would be paid fully. He said he's now feeling like he was totally mislead....
This whole thing is a fucking joke. I'm going to talk to the guys I have season tickets with, and I'm going to see what we need to do to get our $$ back. I'm about done with all this.

Let me know what the Sharks' response is to the refund. I have season tix & I don't understand how they can just refund the games missed. I paid for a whole season & if they can't deliver the product, a full refund should be made. Thanks 23. :grouphug:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seto signed with the Ontario Reign,that makes Dubinsky,Gomez,Seto and Clowe in the ECHL, should be some good hockey for a 20$ ticket

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seto signed with the Ontario Reign,that makes Dubinsky,Gomez,Seto and Clowe in the ECHL, should be some good hockey for a 20$ ticket

I think they can only practice with the team.