• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kevin Kurtz thinks the season will start on Dec 1st. I'm sure glad the Giants are looking good, and the 49ers look great so my attention will focus on them rather than the Sharks. I hate to say it, but as long as my other favorite MLB & NFL team are winning the sting of the NHL lock out isn't as bad too me.

I Hate this Lockout don't get me wrong, and I would be very happy once the season gets started, but until that day comes my Giants & 9ers will help pass the time.

I feel ya Chango. The Giants are well on their way to a post-season berth, definitely aids the sting of an NHL lockout. The 9ers look like the best team in the NFL right now, another thing to keep the mind off of the NHL. I love the Giants and the 49ers but the Giants will be gone in October (at the very latest) and the 49ers are only around on Sundays. I love coming home after a long ass day at work and watching my Sharkies 3-4 times a week. It is a nice escape and it's even nicer when the boys come over and we can crack open a few beers and yell at the television and celebrate. There's nothing like hockey, it's a wonderful game and I have been in love with this sport since I can remember. However, like I said, whether it is pride or not, I just don't see myself crawling back to this league if they burn us for another season. Twice in 7 years is just unacceptable... :nono:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup Mac I agree with yeah if the NHL cancels the whole season, AGAIN!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All that time & effort wasted. I listened to LW's shit for nothing?!?! :loco::loco2:

People actually paid attention to "rep power"? lol I always thought it was as stupid as the "belt rankings" over on sherdog...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
dont you mean shertards

white belt shertard haha as if your number of posts means you know more about MMA then a person that just created an account... You can get lost in that forum tho on a drunken night when you stumble across a "shoop that" topic... hours of fun haha

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Thornton set up Nash for each of his 3 goals!

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe NYR will take notice and will swing a deal. How old will Thornton be after this lock-out season? Michael Del Zotto anyone?

LOL

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you lads are looking for some alternative hockey related activities besides the latest piss poor version of NHL 13 there is also an online simulated hockey league that I've been playing in for awhile. There are a few teams available right now that are looking for some active GMs. I'm not sure if you guys have ever been a part of an FHL league but they do become quite addicting one you get the hang of it. Check out the site if you think it may intrigue you. www.ecfhl.net

For those of you who have never participated in one of these leagues it's basically a small software program that simulates games based on your 4 lines, including PP, PK as well. You interact with the other GMs via email, MSN, AIM, or whatever you fancy and make trades to try and craft your team. The players all have rankings in various skill categories (see the rosters link on the right side of the page to see what I'm talking about) and the program of course simulates the matchups based on those player rankings. We also have a draft (coming up in a week as we're in the offseason mode right now) and a farm team where players can develop (we use Hockey Future's rankings to 'create' the new players). There are also UFA's, and RFA's and just about everything else to mirror the NHL, minus the homer-refs and, of course, the lockout.

Oh, and no, it doesn't cost a dime. Just a fun way to talk more smack and satiate your hockey fix during this lockout.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To bad the NHL network doesnt show KHL games... Id love me some bigger ice russian games!

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, this blows. I just read an article that said it's going to be up to the players to save the season. The owners are pretty much dead set on what they want to get, and they've already shown they'll cancel a season to get it. The players will then lose out on a years salary that they will never recoup. When this is all said and down, the owners will end up with pretty much what they want.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt: Giants down 2 games, A's down 2 games and FUCKING BASKETBALL is back! :burt:

NHL network is airing the Sharks v.s Blues game #1, so atleast I can enjoy some sort of hockey.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A reporter just interviewed Thornton the other day, and he said from the news he is getting from people, that he plans on being in Switzerland all year. I'll look for the article again and post it....