• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Mark Bell for $3.0M Al?!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ill take a bunch of has beens and that steaming pile of dog shit over there for 6.0mill

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An overaged veteran that should have been signed 4 years ago when he was good.

Who are players Doug Wilson likes to sign in free agency?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is Blake Comeau a UFA? Just curious how he would do on a team with some forward depth and maybe PA Parenteau

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Comeau is an RFA

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of giving Jordin Tootoo or Sean Avery a shot? Both players have speed and love to play tough. I think a player like that is something the Sharks need.

But anyways do any of you think Doug Signs Winnick back?

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mentioned Avery this past season and no one liked the idea... I still like it, but I dont think his vocal attitude would mesh well with the passive Queen Patrica & Princess Joe

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can sign a top 6 winger instead of gutting our depth in a trade.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mentioned Avery this past season and no one liked the idea... I still like it, but I dont think his vocal attitude would mesh well with the passive Queen Patrica & Princess Joe

Avery retired to smoke pole full time

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, no thanks on avery...

This offseason is not yet lost. if dougie can dump zues and murray, he'll have more than enough space to add a pretty respectable pair of third liners even without a trade. Looking at the roster, the D is reasonable, albeit not great, and the top 6 is fine. With 2 more threats up front, the sharks could be in reasonable shape. they can always go shopping at the deadline for blueline help as needed.

if they can drop zues and murray (even for free), they will have about 54M committed, leaving them with abut 16M left. After they resign RFAs like braun, wingels, desi, etc. they will have 6 Dmen, 2 goalies, and about 10 forwards signed sans a 3rd line and roughly 11-12M left to fill out the third line.

Assuming dougie avoids any maor bidding wars, i could see him throwing 2-3M each at any of: stempniak, hudler, gaustad, Penner(maybe he can win a cup with every CA team?), crabb, boyes, burish, Pyatt, etc. I think names like parise and suter are realistically out of the question given that dougie hasnt dumped that salary yet and other teams are clearly able to outbid (Pitt for parise, Det for Suter for example.

however, a 3rd line and reserve with gaustad, stempniak, Hudler and Pyatt might not actually be that bad. I figure anytime you can acquire ex coyotes (under tippett) or ex-preds under trotz, you are gunna get your money's worth. Look at guys like vern fiddler or scotty nichol. Or more high enders like hartnell, zidlicky, timmonen, and now suter, weber, etc. nashville is a hard work factory and phoenix has emerged similarly. No reason teams with so few big names and so little money should be legit cup contenders, expect for great coaching.

No doubt, given the lack of a 3rd line and noone in the system looking like legit top 9 contenders just yet, Dougie will be shopping next sunday.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of giving Jordin Tootoo or Sean Avery a shot? Both players have speed and love to play tough. I think a player like that is something the Sharks need.

I like the idea of an energy sparkplug kind of guy, but let's fix the PK before going out to get a guy that likes to go to the penalty box so often.

I would love Ray Whitney. Tell him he will get top 6 ice time as well as power play time to get him to come here. Move Pavs to third line center. BAM! Three scoring lines.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Ray Whitney as well but he is going to want bucks and he is 40. Tough to stomach that.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It looks like Winnik wants to see what's out there. Wilson will probably offer to match anything he believes is with in reason. Wilson will probably do the same with Moore if he plans to dump Handzus and believes he's moving Pavelski in a trade. (Nash/Ryan)

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, no thanks on avery...

This offseason is not yet lost. if dougie can dump zues and murray, he'll have more than enough space to add a pretty respectable pair of third liners even without a trade. Looking at the roster, the D is reasonable, albeit not great, and the top 6 is fine. With 2 more threats up front, the sharks could be in reasonable shape. they can always go shopping at the deadline for blueline help as needed.

if they can drop zues and murray (even for free), they will have about 54M committed, leaving them with abut 16M left. After they resign RFAs like braun, wingels, desi, etc. they will have 6 Dmen, 2 goalies, and about 10 forwards signed sans a 3rd line and roughly 11-12M left to fill out the third line.

Assuming dougie avoids any maor bidding wars, i could see him throwing 2-3M each at any of: stempniak, hudler, gaustad, Penner(maybe he can win a cup with every CA team?), crabb, boyes, burish, Pyatt, etc. I think names like parise and suter are realistically out of the question given that dougie hasnt dumped that salary yet and other teams are clearly able to outbid (Pitt for parise, Det for Suter for example.

however, a 3rd line and reserve with gaustad, stempniak, Hudler and Pyatt might not actually be that bad. I figure anytime you can acquire ex coyotes (under tippett) or ex-preds under trotz, you are gunna get your money's worth. Look at guys like vern fiddler or scotty nichol. Or more high enders like hartnell, zidlicky, timmonen, and now suter, weber, etc. nashville is a hard work factory and phoenix has emerged similarly. No reason teams with so few big names and so little money should be legit cup contenders, expect for great coaching.

No doubt, given the lack of a 3rd line and noone in the system looking like legit top 9 contenders just yet, Dougie will be shopping next sunday.
Only hudler would be worth trying to sign the rest of those guys are no better then the sharks current personal

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would love Ray Whitney as well but he is going to want bucks and he is 40. Tough to stomach that.

I think he made $3M in Phoenix. I'd give him that in a second. I think he had around 70 pts last season. He's still a really good player.
Then you could have Pavs or Marleau play C on the 3rd line, just what SJVP said...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what he said it sounds like he wants more money and multiple years on his next deal.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks on Tootoo or Avery. Talentless hacks that don't belong in the NHL.

No idea what Tootoo is doing rejecting an offer from the Preds to test the market. I mean, I guess he thinks there are other teams wanting him? What a fool.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what should we expect from Doug this offseason?

Finding players that can PK, but also having a scoring punch.