• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Only hudler would be worth trying to sign the rest of those guys are no better then the sharks current personal

You think so? I actually am a big fan of taylor pyatt for the money. he's gunna be 31, so he's still in his prime, albeit not exactly a spring buck, but if he'd come for 1.2M or less (that's what he got last year), I'd jump on it. He has been in double digit goals averaging 15 goals per year the last 6 years. He's got nice size which would look good with clowy on a grinding line, he can play special teams well, and he works. he's a very solid third liner, and he'll likely be pretty cheap.

gaustad would be good too, though might be too expensive. he's just 30, so a good age, but he got 2.5 last year and I wouldnt want to give him that kind of money. For 1.5, Id be OK. he had 3 straight years with 12 goals which is a good number, and would make a nice 3rd line C, especially given his size as well.

I'l love them to give hudler a top 6 role, drop clowe down and have the third line be Pyatt-Clowe-Gaustad (one can plan an off wing). Thats a line with 6-5 215 Center, 6-3 230 wing, and 6-2 225 wing. they arent exactly speedsters, but once they get the puck, they could be really hard to move and could tire out opponents such that patty and jumbo can hop out against winded guys.

Either way, all three are better than what they currently have. Zues is too old to be effective in any way anymore. Mitchell has some quickness but cannot play a puck possession style since he gets pushed off with a slight gust of wind. Wingels is too young to be counted on for anything just yet. Desi and co. are definitely just 4th line material and cannot play 14-15 mins/game as a 3rd line would.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I mentioned Avery this past season and no one liked the idea... I still like it, but I dont think his vocal attitude would mesh well with the passive Queen Patrica & Princess Joe

Avery's done. No way I'd take a chance on him. Maybe years ago when he was actually a pretty good player, but not now.
I'd see what Dallas wants for Ott.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery's done. No way I'd take a chance on him. Maybe years ago when he was actually a pretty good player, but not now.
I'd see what Dallas wants for Ott.

I would rather go after an enforcer than an instigator. If we lose Murray, we have no one that can knock guys on their ass. Go get Parros fo the 4th line. :boss:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug should sign Marco Sturm. That way, the trade will be:

Jumbo in exchange for Wayne Primeau and Doug will look even more pimp.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for something like this (knowing that DWil won't usuall sign big name UFA's and also knowing that guys like Doan will probably stay with their teams), but I'm trying to be realistic as well:

Trade:
Douglas Murray to anybody for the hightest draft pick you can get in 2013.
Qualify all of the necessary RFA's (Galiardi, Wingels, Desjardin and Braun
Sign these FA's:
David Moss - 3 year, $1.5M per year contract
Taylor Pyatt - 3 year, $1.25M per year contract
Brandon Prust - 2 year, $1M per year contract

Galiardi-Thornton-Marleau (Galiardi - 13.5 mins, Thornton - 18.5 mins, Marleau, 18.5 mins)
Clowe-Couture-Havlat (Clowe - 15 mins, Couture, 18.5 mins, Havlat, 18.5 mins)
Wingels-Pavelski-Moss (Wingels - 15 mins, Pavelski - 18.5 mins, Moss - 15 mins)
Desjardin-Handzus-Prust (Desjardin - 10 mins, Handzus - 9 mins, Prust - 10 mins)

Burns-Stuart (Burns 23 minutes - Stuart 20 minutes)
Demers-Vlasic (Demers 17 minutes - Vlasic - 23 minutes)
Boyle-Braun (Boyle 20 minutes - Braun 17 minutes)

Niemi (55 games)
Griess (27 games)

Handzus is still on the team because he has a full NMC. Since the market is slim, I have a feeling that guys like Joey Crabb and PA Parenteau are going to be given ridiculous contracts. If Demers or Braun need to be traded to bring in somebody else, hopefully they can sign somebody like Zanon.

Not very exciting, but there's not much the Sharks can do. Dougie kind of painted himself in the corner as far as flexibility is concerned unless he moves Marleau or Boyle.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for something like this (knowing that DWil won't usuall sign big name UFA's and also knowing that guys like Doan will probably stay with their teams), but I'm trying to be realistic as well:

Trade:
Douglas Murray to anybody for the hightest draft pick you can get in 2013.
Qualify all of the necessary RFA's (Galiardi, Wingels, Desjardin and Braun
Sign these FA's:
David Moss - 3 year, $1.5M per year contract
Taylor Pyatt - 3 year, $1.25M per year contract
Brandon Prust - 2 year, $1M per year contract

Galiardi-Thornton-Marleau (Galiardi - 13.5 mins, Thornton - 18.5 mins, Marleau, 18.5 mins)
Clowe-Couture-Havlat (Clowe - 15 mins, Couture, 18.5 mins, Havlat, 18.5 mins)
Wingels-Pavelski-Moss (Wingels - 15 mins, Pavelski - 18.5 mins, Moss - 15 mins)
Desjardin-Handzus-Prust (Desjardin - 10 mins, Handzus - 9 mins, Prust - 10 mins)

Burns-Stuart (Burns 23 minutes - Stuart 20 minutes)
Demers-Vlasic (Demers 17 minutes - Vlasic - 23 minutes)
Boyle-Braun (Boyle 20 minutes - Braun 17 minutes)

Niemi (55 games)
Griess (27 games)

Handzus is still on the team because he has a full NMC. Since the market is slim, I have a feeling that guys like Joey Crabb and PA Parenteau are going to be given ridiculous contracts. If Demers or Braun need to be traded to bring in somebody else, hopefully they can sign somebody like Zanon.

Not very exciting, but there's not much the Sharks can do. Dougie kind of painted himself in the corner as far as flexibility is concerned unless he moves Marleau or Boyle.

Oh I like David Moss. Prototypical third liner and can PK. (You signed Pyatt and didn't play him).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I like David Moss. Prototypical third liner and can PK. (You signed Pyatt and didn't play him).

Good catch. I should have said sign Pyatt OR Prust. Thanks SJVP. I chose Prust because he can fight (and Murray is gone), he's a decent shot blocker and because he's the cheaper of the two options most likely. I also think that Handzus will play better this year. It was his first year on the team (new city, new style of play), his best friend died in a plane crash right before the season started and he was injured a lot of the year (more nagging injuries than serious, but those can accumulate).

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldnt count on galiardi in a top 6 role. that's just waaay too risky and if it doesnt work, it would be killer. Youd have to moves pavs back up and then you've got a 3rd line of wingels-moss-galiardi. That would be a pretty weak line and the bottom 6 problems that the sharks had all year would be no better. All three have potential, but it's risky. that said, I like moss too and I think the upside is high there...

I would actually rather buyout zues and save 1.8M than keep him. I dont think he's got much left. I would hope Im wrong, but he just looked really really bad last year and he'll be 36 by PO time and few players who aren't pretty special are effective at age 36.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Doan has said if the ownership issue isn't worked out he'll look for employment else where. The courts are putting the proposed lease agreement to a vote by the tax payers which doesn't look like it will be done anytime soon as Goldwater is throwing up roadblocks on that as well.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You think so? I actually am a big fan of taylor pyatt for the money. he's gunna be 31, so he's still in his prime, albeit not exactly a spring buck, but if he'd come for 1.2M or less (that's what he got last year), I'd jump on it. He has been in double digit goals averaging 15 goals per year the last 6 years. He's got nice size which would look good with clowy on a grinding line, he can play special teams well, and he works. he's a very solid third liner, and he'll likely be pretty cheap.

gaustad would be good too, though might be too expensive. he's just 30, so a good age, but he got 2.5 last year and I wouldnt want to give him that kind of money. For 1.5, Id be OK. he had 3 straight years with 12 goals which is a good number, and would make a nice 3rd line C, especially given his size as well.

I'l love them to give hudler a top 6 role, drop clowe down and have the third line be Pyatt-Clowe-Gaustad (one can plan an off wing). Thats a line with 6-5 215 Center, 6-3 230 wing, and 6-2 225 wing. they arent exactly speedsters, but once they get the puck, they could be really hard to move and could tire out opponents such that patty and jumbo can hop out against winded guys.

Either way, all three are better than what they currently have. Zues is too old to be effective in any way anymore. Mitchell has some quickness but cannot play a puck possession style since he gets pushed off with a slight gust of wind. Wingels is too young to be counted on for anything just yet. Desi and co. are definitely just 4th line material and cannot play 14-15 mins/game as a 3rd line would.

Pyatt plays well on a team with exceptional depth and gets occasinal top line minutes and PP time, he wouldnt get that in San Jose so his numbers would suffer. David Moss gets time becuase the flames foward group is probably one of the weakest in the west outside of Inginla and Tanguay. It reflects in his numbers and quaility ice time he gets in Calgary.

I like Gaustads size and face off ability outside of that he's got hands of cement and for a guy his size doesnt really go to the dirty areas often enough, Zus does a far better job in those regards.

I'm kind of curious to see how Zus will play with a better PK coach and a year has past since his best friend died in a plane crash in Demitra.

Same could be said for Moore and his wifes battle with cancer. Wingels is only going to improve his improvement has been a slow curve not a sudden metoeroic rise. That bod's well for his long term career, I'm with Cmon on his potential i think he will end up surprising people this year.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doan has said if the ownership issue isn't worked out he'll look for employment else where. The courts are putting the proposed lease agreement to a vote by the tax payers which doesn't look like it will be done anytime soon as Goldwater is throwing up roadblocks on that as well.

I haven't read/heard that. Doan would be a God-send for this team, but I won't hold my breath. Even if he doesn't return to Phoenix, he'll be a hot commodity and the Giants aren't brimming with Cap space. My guess is he'll end up either Phoenix or Detroit (in that order).

Pyatt plays well on a team with exceptional depth and gets occasinal top line minutes and PP time, he wouldnt get that in San Jose so his numbers would suffer. David Moss gets time becuase the flames foward group is probably one of the weakest in the west outside of Inginla and Tanguay. It reflects in his numbers and quaility ice time he gets in Calgary.

I like Gaustads size and face off ability outside of that he's got hands of cement and for a guy his size doesnt really go to the dirty areas often enough, Zus does a far better job in those regards.

I'm kind of curious to see how Zus will play with a better PK coach and a year has past since his best friend died in a plane crash in Demitra.

Same could be said for Moore and his wifes battle with cancer. Wingels is only going to improve his improvement has been a slow curve not a sudden metoeroic rise. That bod's well for his long term career, I'm with Cmon on his potential i think he will end up surprising people this year.

I'm a huge fan of Demers and Wingels. I hope they both have nice years this next season.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't read/heard that. Doan would be a God-send for this team, but I won't hold my breath. Even if he doesn't return to Phoenix, he'll be a hot commodity and the Giants aren't brimming with Cap space. My guess is he'll end up either Phoenix or Detroit (in that order).

I'm a huge fan of Demers and Wingels. I hope they both have nice years this next season.

Im not sold on Demers anymore, i like his physical game but he did regress a little this season, and that may be in part to him being out of shape at the start of the season. Thats typically a bad sign if a guy is coming into camp out of shape with a chance to crack the top 6 on an upper tier team.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Someone posted a link to a Q&A with Doan and Whitney on the HF main board. I'll try to find the link again. Anyways both Whitney and Doan said they're looking to field calls from other teams should the ownership issues not be resolved by July 1st. Doan wants to stay close to home preferably in the Pacific Division. Whitney didn't really limit his options though they both said they'd like to keep playing together.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So what should we expect from Doug this offseason?

Finding players that can PK, but also having a scoring punch.

You must not be following the team to closely, haha. Whatever they need, they will be the opposite. So look for the signees to be guys that take penalities & cant score or skate for shit lol

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sold on Demers anymore, i like his physical game but he did regress a little this season, and that may be in part to him being out of shape at the start of the season. Thats typically a bad sign if a guy is coming into camp out of shape with a chance to crack the top 6 on an upper tier team.

Yeah, that has flashes of Bernier written all over it. I'm still a big fan of the kid. He's got great potential if he decides to work hard.

Someone posted a link to a Q&A with Doan and Whitney on the HF main board. I'll try to find the link again. Anyways both Whitney and Doan said they're looking to field calls from other teams should the ownership issues not be resolved by July 1st. Doan wants to stay close to home preferably in the Pacific Division. Whitney didn't really limit his options though they both said they'd like to keep playing together.

No worries Cmon, I trust you. I was more just mentioning I hadn't heard anything. That would be so amazing to get both. BTW, by Giants cap space, I meant Sharks, lol. Dodgers series has my head wandering.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, been saying that for at least half a season, I think..

I've pretty much lost all confidence in him. Wouldn't bother me one bit if he was no longer a Shark.

Compare that to Braun, who was pretty much a stud all year long. A young dude who realizes it takes hard work and dedication and doesn't just goof off out there on the ice.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Aaron Musick, Avs didn't qualify Mueller. I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him if his health records are ok. Blake sure did a number on him.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to Aaron Musick, Avs didn't qualify Mueller. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him if his health records are ok. Blake sure did a number on him.

Blake and Thornton lol, i doubt he'd want to play here. But i think its worth a shot, make it bounus laden, its not like the sharks havent taken on broken players in the past, Al Iafrate anyone:burt:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to Aaron Musick, Avs didn't qualify Mueller. I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him if his health records are ok. Blake sure did a number on him.

If this is true, he just became my #1 target. I know what the injuries have done, and I sure wouldnt give him any big $ or term, but what a high upside there. This guy can be a point per game player on a good line easy. He absolutely destroyed the sharks when in the lineup, and is a really really good player. He's only 24, too. Obviously concussion injuries are really tough, but people have had them and they have come back to be effective. Im trying to remember who it was that missed a whole year with concussion problems but came back as was awesome last year. it wasnt gagne or sid the kid... argh...

Depending on what he'd take, I'd be fine giving him 1 yr, 2M. if it works out, you have a lefgit top 6 forward and a 25 year old you can begin to rebuild around. If it doesn't, you get he cap relief on LTIR anyway and it just cost the owners a couple mil.