• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:burt: WTF! I thought Doan said he is staying in PHX? What's this bullshit of him finally signing either with PHX or VAN @ 2pm today.

Who cares where he signs, by the time anyone plays an NHL game he will be another year older and not worth what he's getting paid...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
try renting it, you may like it.... to me its just a snooze fest of 1-0 4OT games that took playmaking out of the equasion and is more of a chore to play then entertainment. Tonight was the first time since NHL91 came out that I came home from (back then was school, then evolved to work, then evolved to bar) wherever I was Id come home looking forward to my new NHL game, but tonight I put the game in the system, it loaded up and I looked at it and said, fuck this, id rather just goto sleep... To me its honestly THAT bad...

Im playing SongPop & family feud on facebook right now over that game lol

Just copped NHL 13 last night for the 360. Man the game play is slooooow. About how the turning radius takes half the width of the rink to turn around I think it makes sense since it's hard to do a 180 turn when going full speed. I think in general the game speed just needs to be turned up. That's nothing a new tuner can't fix.

For OTP I usually play defenseman and man that poke check is powerful! I play as a 6'5" guy and I just spam pokecheck to break up passes. It may be because all OTP players have low passing skills.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yotes win the grand prize. $21M for 4 yrs. :loco2:

So the owners are crying about how they are losing money.......then sign another player to a contract like this......That's kind of like a guy bitching that he can't afford the gas prices, but then goes out and buys a new Hummer!!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just copped NHL 13 last night for the 360. Man the game play is slooooow. About how the turning radius takes half the width of the rink to turn around I think it makes sense since it's hard to do a 180 turn when going full speed. I think in general the game speed just needs to be turned up. That's nothing a new tuner can't fix.

For OTP I usually play defenseman and man that poke check is powerful! I play as a 6'5" guy and I just spam pokecheck to break up passes. It may be because all OTP players have low passing skills.

Oh wait til you build your OtP player up man, they set MAXs on attributes for "realism" heres how realistic. Most every build caps out speed at 80-82, except Grinder, that caps at 87. I forgot Grinders are the fastest guys in the NHL. Slap Shot power cap is 78-82 for everyone except Tough Guy, he gets 87... Again, very realistic, cause the Goons always have the hardest slap shots... The cap bullshit is nuts and bascially makes it so you cannot customize your player AT ALL... They claim they did it to be realistic, thats not realistic at all. I use playmaker center, and my faceoff cap is 82 I believe, one of the lowest caps at forward. Cause yea, in the real NHL I forgot that most of the play makers arent also good centers. wtf!... Oh wait, heres another kicker, you can get above the attribute caps, wanna know how?? By buying the +1, +3, +5 boosts... (you can unlock them, but that takes FOREVER)... So EA did a lil money making scheme, wanna improve your player?? pay us!! I posted that on the forums and EA kept locking my threads. Go figure! So basically your Be a Pro charecter isnt made how you want to make him, its made how EA wants to make him... And the skating SUCKS!! They claim they want realism, but im sorry, pee-wee players can turn better and have better agility then these guys... Playing D is hard as fuck to get your guy to stand still in one area, its like your controlling a bender thats skating for the first time!

Heres the link to the attribute caps:
EA Forums

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the owners are crying about how they are losing money.......then sign another player to a contract like this......That's kind of like a guy bitching that he can't afford the gas prices, but then goes out and buys a new Hummer!!

Exactly... The owners arguement is pointless when they keep throwing out $5mil yr contracts to anyone that can crack the double digests in goals (not that doan isnt good, but at tthis stage in his career, 1-yr $5mil, 2yr - $8mil) is more in the ballback, not 4 @ $21mil!

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly... The owners arguement is pointless when they keep throwing out $5mil yr contracts to anyone that can crack the double digests in goals (not that doan isnt good, but at tthis stage in his career, 1-yr $5mil, 2yr - $8mil) is more in the ballback, not 4 @ $21mil!

Exactly! Let's add to the stupidity.....Boston just gave Lucic a 3 year $18M extension. How the fuck can the owners keep crying about the salaries, then turn around and do this!!!??? They are clueless.
The lockout hasn't even started, and I'm already tired of it!!!
NBC interviewed my daughter last night about the lock out and the impact it will have on local businesses, she works at a nice restaurant downtown. It was supposed to air at 11 last night, but they didn't show it. I'm thinking it may air tonight, since the lockout starts at midnight. I remember the effect the last lockout had on the local economy, and it sucked!! Of course these billionaires don't give a shit about us regular folk!!!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wins this Lock out! Everybody that's is connected to hockey in some sort of way, gets the shaft up thee AASSSSSS! :mad2: If this shit doesn't get fixed real soon, the NHL will lose more money, and those teams that can't make a profit will really feel the pressure and be forced to close or relocate.

Can't these NHL Fuckers understand that THE TV RATINGS ARE HIGH, THEY HAVE A NETWORK DEDICATED TO HOCKEY, and to top it off MORE CASUAL FANS ARE GETTING THE HINT, THAT THIS IS THE COOLEST GAME ON EARTH! :popeye:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nobody wins this Lock out! Everybody that's is connected to hockey in some sort of way, gets the shaft up thee AASSSSSS! :mad2: If this shit doesn't get fixed real soon, the NHL will lose more money, and those teams that can't make a profit will really feel the pressure and be forced to close or relocate.

Can't these NHL Fuckers understand that THE TV RATINGS ARE HIGH, THEY HAVE A NETWORK DEDICATED TO HOCKEY, and to top it off MORE CASUAL FANS ARE GETTING THE HINT, THAT THIS IS THE COOLEST GAME ON EARTH! :popeye:

They are pretty much retarded, the owners that is, the players said theyd play with the current CBA... Yes it sucks that again we dont have NHL hockey, and yes it sucks that the game will pretty much be trashed & not recover after this, but thats all on the owners & Im glad the players arent giving in. Yes I agree that a lot of players demand rediculous contracts and get paid way more then they should, but again that all falls on the owners. The owners continue to pay it when they dont have to and as I said a few posts up, it doesnt make sence for the owners to cry about not making money when they are STILL handing out stupid contracts while trying to prove their point that they are broke (Lucic -however its spelled & Doan)...

The players can go play else where and still make money if there is no season, the owners on the other hand cannot & wont make shit. So why they are being so stubborn is beyond me cause they are fuck royally fucking themselves...

The only good thing that comes out of a lockout season is the following year you have a double rookie class entering the league... Helps out a lot of teams, with the exception of SJ since they have no prospects lol and a lockout royally screws this team over...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton & Couture sign with swiss league
Demers signs with Finland league
Handzus signs with Chech league

Wingels*, Desjardin*, Braun? To the AHL

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With all these guys around the league already leaving to play overseas, they must know this is gonna drag on for a long time....Big fucking surprise.....I was trying to trick myself into believing that the owners would actually want to try to get this solved, but I knew better.......

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody catch Clowe & Burns on Chronicle Live @ the SF Giants game lastnight 9/19? Burns mentioned he isn't healthy enough to play hockey at a high level, and is following his rehap schedule. I know he had that sports hyrnia surgery in the offseason, so I guess more time off for Burns will be helpful.

I WANT NHL HOCKEY! DAMN-IT! :mad2:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oilers assigned 26 guys to OKC... When I heard that I went online to buy tickets for OKC vs Rockford. figured Id be able to get good behind the players bench tickets. Helll naw as soon as it was announced I went online to buy tickets and the whole player bench side of the lower deck was sold out... Still got ticks tho, hopefully I can get some Nuge, eberle, hall autos. Its gonna be the Edmonton Oilers vs the AHL this season haha

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotta say, whether this is rational or not, I am really taking this lockout personal. I am so PISSED OFF that these clowns are doing this to us again. If these guys really cared about their brand and their fans they would be meeting EVERY DAY. I'm not siding with the owners or the players, they can all just fuck themselves. Two lockouts in 7 years?!? You have got to be kidding me. What a joke this league has become. Call it pride, call it what you will but I really don't want to feel like a dumbass crawling back into that arena next year after another lost season. I am of course assuming that this upcoming season will be canceled. Our captain and our future have abandoned ship and are on their way to Europe. Sayonara assholes! When I ask myself if I can really go back and support the NHL after it's owners and players have once AGAIN made me go without hockey for a full season, my answer is no. I love this sports and I love this league but like that bitch girlfriend who keeps stomping on your heart, you have to let her go at some point. At the very worst, I guess I just became a San Francisco Bulls fan. Take care fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kevin Kurtz thinks the season will start on Dec 1st. I'm sure glad the Giants are looking good, and the 49ers look great so my attention will focus on them rather than the Sharks. I hate to say it, but as long as my other favorite MLB & NFL team are winning the sting of the NHL lock out isn't as bad too me.

I Hate this Lockout don't get me wrong, and I would be very happy once the season gets started, but until that day comes my Giants & 9ers will help pass the time.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've gotta say, whether this is rational or not, I am really taking this lockout personal. I am so PISSED OFF that these clowns are doing this to us again. If these guys really cared about their brand and their fans they would be meeting EVERY DAY. I'm not siding with the owners or the players, they can all just fuck themselves. Two lockouts in 7 years?!? You have got to be kidding me. What a joke this league has become. Call it pride, call it what you will but I really don't want to feel like a dumbass crawling back into that arena next year after another lost season. I am of course assuming that this upcoming season will be canceled. Our captain and our future have abandoned ship and are on their way to Europe. Sayonara assholes! When I ask myself if I can really go back and support the NHL after it's owners and players have once AGAIN made me go without hockey for a full season, my answer is no. I love this sports and I love this league but like that bitch girlfriend who keeps stomping on your heart, you have to let her go at some point. At the very worst, I guess I just became a San Francisco Bulls fan. Take care fellas.

I totally agree with you. I fault the owners for the majority of this. After each CBA ended, they are the ones locking the players out, and are not happy with the contract. Sounds to me like they don't know what the fuck they are doing. That's pretty obvious, since they were signing players to ridiculous contracts all the way up till last week, and still crying about how they are going broke. I've love to write a letter to Bettman, telling him I'm going to get my money back from the Sharks, and spend it elsewhere. But they don't care. He needs to be gone. Is this the 3rd lockout on his watch????

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kevin Kurtz thinks the season will start on Dec 1st. I'm sure glad the Giants are looking good, and the 49ers look great so my attention will focus on them rather than the Sharks. I hate to say it, but as long as my other favorite MLB & NFL team are winning the sting of the NHL lock out isn't as bad too me.

I Hate this Lockout don't get me wrong, and I would be very happy once the season gets started, but until that day comes my Giants & 9ers will help pass the time.

That's also my take Chango. The 49ers' rise definitely helps fill the hockey void. Lots to read about football.

I'm not taking this lockout personally. Business is business, and businessmen make poor choices all the time. Once it eventually gets sorted out, I'll welcome back the best sport.

I hope the overseas Sharks stay healthy.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, I want someone to explain this to me, most likey Cmon, but WTF exactly is this 57% share that they are argueing about??
My interptation is that the players get their salarys PLUS 57% of all revenue divided between the plays on the team... Thats just what I think it is, and if thats the case, then I can easily say FUCK you players, are you fucking serious?? Now granted this was explained to me by a NFL fan that doesnt know how hockey works with total share %, but he explained it as, a player gets his salarey, PLUS he gets a percentage of what the team profits from EVERYTHING, tickets, merchandise etc... If NHL is at 57% basically of all the money the team makes, 57% is towards the plays, and thats divided exually between the roster... I was like whoa hoa WHOA!!!

Really?? If this i the arguement, cause I used to favor the players, and if this is in fact true, then the PLAYERs can kiss my fucking ass, cause you make a SALARY that you SIGN A CONTRACT too, You shouldnt be entitled to ANYTHING else except what is in your yearly contract...

So someone please explain to me what this 57% thing is that the owners want to lower to the 40's%... Cause if what I said above is true, then the it should be lowered to 0% IMO...