• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why couldn't we get it done with Braun, Demers, Clowe & Hertl?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why couldn't we get it done with Braun, Demers, Clowe & Hertl?

Probably because Columbus didn't want to have Nash be in the West unless they bent that team over. Columbus is actually pretty deep in defensemen, so they probably wanted more forwards. Also, imho:

Dubinsky > Clowe
Anisimov > Demers
Braun > Erixon
1st Rounder 2013 ? Hertl.

Basically, the package you mentioned would destroy their already lacking forward depth and add to their one strength. Dubinsky is the wild card in all of this. He plays mean, he's fast and he's got a good skill level. If he can get back to where his career looked like it was headed, then he will be a hell of a player for Columbus.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Columbus didn't want to have Nash be in the West unless they bent that team over. Columbus is actually pretty deep in defensemen, so they probably wanted more forwards. Also, imho:

Dubinsky > Clowe
Anisimov > Demers
Braun > Erixon

Basically, the package you mentioned would destroy their already lacking forward depth and add to their one strength. Dubinsky is the wild card in all of this. He plays mean, he's fast and he's got a good skill level. If he can get back to where his career looked like it was headed, then he will be a hell of a player for Columbus.

Swap out Clowe for Slowvelski, then. But, I get the point of East vs. West.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Dubinsky > Clowe
Anisimov > Demers
Braun > Erixon

Dubisnky and Anisimov are both wildcards, I really don't see huge upside in either one of them, Id keep clowe and demers over both of them especially at Dubinskys cap hit.
Erixon was the only part of that deal that was better then what the sharks were offering

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubisnky and Anisimov are both wildcards, I really don't see huge upside in either one of them, Id keep clowe and demers over both of them especially at Dubinskys cap hit.
Erixon was the only part of that deal that was better then what the sharks were offering

True, Anisimov and Dubinsky are wild cards, but I think last year was Dubie at his worst. I think he'll get around 50 points this season if he gets around 18.5 minutes or above and he plays angry (i.e. - doesn't sulk about being on CLB).

I'd take Dubie over Clowe anyday (even at their current cap hits). He's younger (3 years), faster, and plays a more important position. Right now, Clowe is at his max potential in my humble opinion.....not so for Dubie. Also, I love Demers (I'm probably the only one left on this message board, lol), but he's at this point a 5th or 6th defenseman until he can get his game back. Anisimov is a big, bullish forward who will get close to 40 points. Unless you're stacked at the Forward position and hurting at defense, I can't see a team that would trade Anisimov for Demers straight up.

I don't know much about Erixon other than he has potential. He cried his way off of Calgary only to go to a pretty deep defensive team in NYR and had a hard time cracking the lineup. He may have much more upside than Braun though, I have no idea. I was kind of talking out of my arse on that one because I haven't seen much of the kid.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True, Anisimov and Dubinsky are wild cards, but I think last year was Dubie at his worst. I think he'll get around 50 points this season if he gets around 18.5 minutes or above and he plays angry (i.e. - doesn't sulk about being on CLB).

I'd take Dubie over Clowe anyday (even at their current cap hits). He's younger (3 years), faster, and plays a more important position. Right now, Clowe is at his max potential in my humble opinion.....not so for Dubie. Also, I love Demers (I'm probably the only one left on this message board, lol), but he's at this point a 5th or 6th defenseman until he can get his game back. Anisimov is a big, bullish forward who will get close to 40 points. Unless you're stacked at the Forward position and hurting at defense, I can't see a team that would trade Anisimov for Demers straight up.

I don't know much about Erixon other than he has potential. He cried his way off of Calgary only to go to a pretty deep defensive team in NYR and had a hard time cracking the lineup. He may have much more upside than Braun though, I have no idea. I was kind of talking out of my arse on that one because I haven't seen much of the kid.

I think Dubinsky will be lucky to hit 50pnts again, he just wasnt snake bit last season he outright regressed. I like his style of play and had he stayed on his development course it wouldve been a no brainer, but he just wasnt the same player or doing anything well last season.

Anisimov, he will be logging alot of minutes to get anywhere near 40pnts on a team starved of any quality forwards. That being said the Boo Jackets Defense looks quite stout now

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PS another reason i think it was stupid of Howson to make that trade involving Dubinsky is that he already has a player just like him in RJ Umberger. Maybe Dwill can make a trade for RJ to fill out the 3rd line

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS another reason i think it was stupid of Howson to make that trade involving Dubinsky is that he already has a player just like him in RJ Umberger. Maybe Dwill can make a trade for RJ to fill out the 3rd line

I sure hope Doug has a plan, because I have no faith in this current roster as a CUP contender.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A little more on the Doan front from KuklasKorner

According to the Arizona Republic’s Sarah McLellan, Phoenix Coyotes captain and unrestricted free agent forward Shane Doan has not received assurances from the Coyotes’ prospective owner that his bid for the team will come to pass, and as such, Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, tells McLellan that he’s planning on asking Doan which other potential suitors he’d like to meet with after visiting the Rangers and Flyers during last week’s CBA negotiations in New York.

Allegedly Doan has given Jamison until Friday to show him reason to stay.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry everbody, Doug just called and invited Shane Doan and his family to visit the Bay Area so that he can come to the Gilroy Garlic festival.

Mmmmmmmm garlic ice cream!
Yuck, blah....... :puke:

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The garlic ice cream really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I've been thinking about it and I am going to change my stance this year. I know we only have a couple of years left with this core so I say sign the free agents, trade for solid depth guys and gut the picks and prospects for a real shot at the cup.

If they half ass it and still don't win a cup or they go all in, the franchise will still face a rebuild, I say that they might as well give it the good old fashioned college try. Stanley cup or bust.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been thinking about it and I am going to change my stance this year. I know we only have a couple of years left with this core so I say sign the free agents, trade for solid depth guys and gut the picks and prospects for a real shot at the cup.

If they half ass it and still don't win a cup or they go all in, the franchise will still face a rebuild, I say that they might as well give it the good old fashioned college try. Stanley cup or bust.

I'm down with it. Nothing Doug has done so far this offseason hints at a mini-rebuild so I'm thinking he is thinking the same thing. The 1st round loss can be viewed as a good thing. Finally some adequate rest for an aging team that just went to back to back WCFs.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would love to see Doug go for it, but if he plans on starting the season with who is on the current roster, I'm not going to expect nothing from this group.

* who is left on the UFA market not named Semin or Doan that could help our depth in all areas? :think:

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, from day one on this I thought Weber was pretty much using Philly to define the terms of the contract he wanted with Nashville. Pretty funny. I guess not if your a philly fan... I suppose i would have got my hopes up too, but really, there was little chance they were gonna land him. Amusing to watch though.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was waiting for the NHL to step in with that contract... $27 mil the first year pretty much?? Like $65 mil paid the first 4yrs... Its a pretty fucked up contract

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a lot of teams have cap space, but there aren't enough players to sign. Teams that need to reach the cap floor will need to overpay just for the sake of reaching the cap floor. Either there are too many teams or the cap floor is too high.