• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fearthefin: Welly's another one of those guys who kills it everywhere he goes yet no one seems to want him around long-term.

True.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Reminds me of Bernie Nicholls back in the day... When I was little, it seemed every time I bought hockey cards he would be on a different team while putting up good numbers haha

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is unlikely because he will stay in AZ imo. Doug should sign Semin. He could still wait out Nash with Semin already signed.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Jose is probably the odds on favorite if Doan leaves but I'm with Ray in believing that he'll stay with the Yotes.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting to see all that money thrown at him though. A true test of what is important to him.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is unlikely because he will stay in AZ imo. Doug should sign Semin. He could still wait out Nash with Semin already signed.

Eh no thanks, don't need any more inconsistent players. I'd be ok if we signed Doan and then got Semin but otherwise I'm not interested. I think it should be Doan or Weber or Doan and Weber and that's it. This team needs heart/grit now!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh no thanks, don't need any more inconsistent players. I'd be ok if we signed Doan and then got Semin but otherwise I'm not interested. I think it should be Doan or Weber or Doan and Weber and that's it. This team needs heart/grit now!

But if they get neither, there has to be someone to fall back on. inconsistant or not, the current roster would be better with semin then without (if doan & weber fall through) and id rather have semin short term then nash long term

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Semin's effort level and his consistancy improved greatly under Hunter. It doesn't really show goals or points wise but he was working pretty hard at both ends of the ice and away from the puck. If he brought that same play to the Sharks he'd be a solid addition.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As for being "inconsistant" his PPG is still pretty damn good and .87... Id be more worried bout injuries then his production

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for being "inconsistant" his PPG is still pretty damn good and .87... Id be more worried bout injuries then his production

I don't see him as a big upgrade I'm sorry. This team needs heart/grit, we need a player(or a bunch) like Shane Doan to win a cup. Sure I'd take Semin because he is a good player but he's not the answer. He would fill out the lines though.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see him as a big upgrade I'm sorry. This team needs heart/grit, we need a player(or a bunch) like Shane Doan to win a cup. Sure I'd take Semin because he is a good player but he's not the answer. He would fill out the lines though.

Your missing the point. If SJ doesnt get Doan, and stands pat with the roster, they arent gonna do anything. If they mdont get Doan and trade for Nash, they will be even worse off from the holes it created. If they dont get Doan and sign Semin, your gaining 50-60 pts on your forward lines that are already pretty thin. He's not going to get them a cup by himself alone, but neither would a roster without him and id rather have some glimmer of hope then none. Get him short term and dont give up anything in the process. Id rather have Semin ANYDAY over nash...

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your missing the point. If SJ doesnt get Doan, and stands pat with the roster, they arent gonna do anything. If they mdont get Doan and trade for Nash, they will be even worse off from the holes it created. If they dont get Doan and sign Semin, your gaining 50-60 pts on your forward lines that are already pretty thin. He's not going to get them a cup by himself alone, but neither would a roster without him and id rather have some glimmer of hope then none. Get him short term and dont give up anything in the process. Id rather have Semin ANYDAY over nash...

Cool story bro, you have your opinion, I have mine.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Doan would be my first choice too, but I'd take Semin if they couldn't sign Doan. I think Semin would do well here, especially if he played with Thornton. Shit, I'd like to see them come up with a way to get both. Maybe if they were able to get rid of Zeus and Murray they could pull that off.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: wouldn't it be great if news like this came out.

Sharks announce that they have signed Semin to a 2yr deal

Sharks sign Doan to a one year deal

Sharks complete trade for Nash, without giving up Couture/Pavelski/ Vlasic.

And what the Hell, the Sharks sign Winnik too.

:doh: too bad its just a dream

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doan would be my first choice too, but I'd take Semin if they couldn't sign Doan. I think Semin would do well here, especially if he played with Thornton. Shit, I'd like to see them come up with a way to get both. Maybe if they were able to get rid of Zeus and Murray they could pull that off.

I think Semin would play better with Havlat and Marleau, speed kills, and all 3 of them can play the east west game

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the twitter rumor hacks says sources from the canes and rangers have said their team offered the massive contract to Doan.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Semin would play better with Havlat and Marleau, speed kills, and all 3 of them can play the east west game

That would be a very fast line, but all their speed would be on just that line. I think he'd score 30+ goals playing with Thornton, and that would allow them to put Pavs as the 3rd line C.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Modano tells ESPNDallas.com DALLAS sports, Dallas-Fort Worth sports news - ESPN Dallas[/url] the #sjsharks have contacted him about the possibility of playing next season. Modano is 40.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mike Modano tells ESPNDallas.com DALLAS sports, Dallas-Fort Worth sports news - ESPN Dallas[/url] the #sjsharks have contacted him about the possibility of playing next season. Modano is 40.

I hope that's a joke.