• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want Doug Wilson to do something to help this roster.
I don't think playing Desjardin, Wingels, Handzus, Demers, Braun or any other AHL'ers will cut it this year.

I know most of you will disagree, but I'm not really sold on Wingels, Demers & Braun.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I believe Weber is on the trading block. NSH doesn't want to lose Weber the way they did Suter, which was for nothing. NSH will ice a fairly competitive team and by March they will be around the 5th seed. Trading Weber then would be a horrible message to the fanbase as they are gearing up for another playoff run. NSH would also not get a great return trading a rental. If they trade him now, they can get some NHL ready player(s) as well as prospects.

Doug should move on this. The only question is whether Weber can be extended. He will want Suter type money, at the very least. But acquiring Weber sets the D corp up for many years. The Sharks have tried being top heavy in the forwards department the past few years. Time to build from the blueline out.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I believe Weber is on the trading block. NSH doesn't want to lose Weber the way they did Suter, which was for nothing. NSH will ice a fairly competitive team and by March they will be around the 5th seed. Trading Weber then would be a horrible message to the fanbase as they are gearing up for another playoff run. NSH would also not get a great return trading a rental. If they trade him now, they can get some NHL ready player(s) as well as prospects.

Doug should move on this. The only question is whether Weber can be extended. He will want Suter type money, at the very least. But acquiring Weber sets the D corp up for many years. The Sharks have tried being top heavy in the forwards department the past few years. Time to build from the blueline out.

I really realllyyyyyy want Shea Weber

And the dream would be Doan too. And now I'm gonna stop fantasizing.....

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want Doug Wilson to do something to help this roster.
I don't think playing Desjardin, Wingels, Handzus, Demers, Braun or any other AHL'ers will cut it this year.

I know most of you will disagree, but I'm not really sold on Wingels, Demers & Braun.

I'm not sold on Wingles, I'm excited about his potential. He played well at times and if he can keep progressing he could bring some solid value to this line up.

He could just as easily never top 20 points a year and be a total bust. I don't think that anyone is penciling him in on the 2nd line this year.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder how Johnson's relationship with Alex Semin was and if he'll push to bring him in.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the Kings were the first team to offer a contract. I don't see why he'd choose us over them.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately the Kings were the first team to offer a contract. I don't see why he'd choose us over them.

He'd have a much bigger role on the Sharks than he would on the Kings.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you remember that questinable D. Brown hit that took out a PHX Dman in game 5, and then like a minute later. Penner scored the series winner. Doan was pissed and I can see Doan use that contact offer to wipe his ass with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about that. Doan wasn't happy with Brown at all. I'm not sure if it is enough to deter him from signing there but you never know...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I forgot about that. Doan wasn't happy with Brown at all. I'm not sure if it is enough to deter him from signing there but you never know...

Maybe Doan isn't an LA type of guy, and would prefer San Jose. Or he thinks, with him, the Sharks are contenders.
I remember the handshake after that series, and Doan was letting Brown have it. Brown better hope he ends up in LA, because I think Doan is not gonna let that go till he gets some payback. LOL.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see Doan dress in Teal to get his payback!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the Kings' top 3 lines are pretty much set as they are so don't think he'd get as many minutes as he'd like in there... SJ *should* be a better fit but they Kings might have offered more.

A lot of UFA's have used the Kings and their offers to get more money out of wherever they ended up (Kovy, Richards, etc.) too...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN report says Columbus Dispatch says Nash shortened his list of teams he'd waive NTC to 6 teams: Boston, Detroit, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, SJ.

I still think he ends up in NY (and want no part of him in SJ)...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Johnson's relationship with Alex Semin was and if he'll push to bring him in.

Ooo wouldn't that be great. Semin is no doubt getting some top dollar offers though. You gotta think that DET and PIT, two teams who lost out on top UFAs, will make a strong bid for Semin.

CJdublé

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
San Jose Shark News
The Sharks have offered Shane Doan a contract #sjsharks
about 1 hour ago retweeted by BretHedican from web

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to say that Clowe is officially on the block? He doesn't fit any sort of speed game and he's not strong defensively. What teams would be interested in a tough, rugged winger?

BUF
TOR
WAS?
MTL?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it safe to say that Clowe is officially on the block? He doesn't fit any sort of speed game and he's not strong defensively. What teams would be interested in a tough, rugged winger?

BUF
TOR
WAS?
MTL?

Columbus :llama:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow we will find out Shane Doan and Shea Weber will be traded to the Miami Heat.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

BUF
TOR
WAS?
MTL?

Well, Trotz has said a couple times in the past that Clowe is one of his favorite players and he'd love to have him in Nashville.