• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And David Pollak wins the most enticing tweet of the week award with:

@PollakOnSharks
#Sjsharks on list of teams courting Doan. "Yes there is strong mutual interest. Have been in contact with Mr. Wilson" -- agent Terry Bross.

I'm getting a woodie!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing what mutual interest can do...

Yes, "Mutual" definitely being the key word.

At this point, I feel like the only thing to deter Doan being a Shark is not seeing eye to eye on contract dollars and term.

Get it done, Dougie!

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, "Mutual" definitely being the key word.

At this point, I feel like the only thing to deter Doan being a Shark is not seeing eye to eye on contract dollars and term.

Get it done, Dougie!

I kinda liked "strong" too. But if there is a single key word, it's certainly "mutual"

:p

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may never get "it", about being a professional. Poor Steve Bernier never learned. The reason why I'm so high on Demers is that the kid has good skating ability, he's got a great wrist shot, he can make a good outlet pass, he's got some offensive upside (I'd say a 25-30pt defenseman if he progresses) and he can play physically. Those types of defensemen don't grow on trees. If he can get better in his own end and stay in shape, I think he'll be like a Bret Hedican type defenseman.

After a good, ol' fashioned Larry Robinson ass-whoopin', he'll get there.:lol:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And David Pollak wins the most enticing tweet of the week award with:

@PollakOnSharks
#Sjsharks on list of teams courting Doan. "Yes there is strong mutual interest. Have been in contact with Mr. Wilson" -- agent Terry Bross.

[YOUTUBE]aiUVQ-pla24[/YOUTUBE]

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
Coyotes Captain Shane Doan expecting to listen to offers tomorrow -- San Jose, New York Rangers, Boston & Pittsburgh are at top of list.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doan prefers to stay in Phoenix but needs assurances from NHL on Coyotes fate -- Looking for 4/5 year deal at around $6 mill per

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a good, ol' fashioned Larry Robinson ass-whoopin', he'll get there.:lol:

You inspired me.

mhw1he.jpg

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doan prefers to stay in Phoenix but wants a shit ton of money from NHL on Coyotes fate -- Looking for 4/5 year deal at around $6 mill per

There.. I fixed that for you!

(LOL @ $6M per for 4-5 years... although I do agree that if there is a team out there that would give him that, it would be Phoenix... nobody else would, IMO)

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coyotes Captain Shane Doan expecting to listen to offers tomorrow -- San Jose, New York Rangers, Boston & Pittsburgh are at top of list.

Of the four teams, I can't see Boston offering him as much as he wants.. NYR definitely can.. and Pittsburgh is probably desperate so they'll overpay... I'd guess those two are his most likeliest destinations.

EDIT: Also, I could see him going to Vancouver or Detroit or LA... not sure why those teams weren't listed, TBH.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there is no way we are paying him that. Our only shot is keeping him close to his family.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doan prefers to stay in Phoenix but needs assurances from NHL on Coyotes fate -- Looking for 4/5 year deal at around $6 mill per

Have fun with the rangers at that price lol

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Have fun with the rangers at that price lol

Agreed. I love the idea of getting doan but 6M for 4 years? No way. 6M per for 2 years is a stretch, but might be reasonable given the intangibles too. However, he's gunna play the whole year at 36 yo this year, so 4 yrs would mean paying a 39 year old $6 million. No way dougie throws that kind of cash and term.

The key wildcard is the geographic area. For once, if doan wants to be a quick jump from the fam in PHX, then its LA, ANA, or SJ (possibly dallas or colorado as well). Other than that, he'll be a several hour flight. ANA is more in a rebuild style situation, so they are probably out. LA is a real possibility since they easily have the cap space and obviously give doan a good chance at a cup. DAL and COL are also kinda rebuilding, so they are unlikely. So, it would seem that if doan wants to be close to PHX and the yotes themselves dont work out, then it's SJ and LA going for it. Im sure PITT and NYR would throw nice money, but they are pretty far away.

hopefully dougie can make something work... 3 year, 15M or something like that.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most I'd be ok with offering if I were GM, would be 3 years and $16.5M. I don't think Doan will be a Shark.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't put too much stock into those numbers. That sounds more like an agent trying to set the market than Doan's actual contract demands. I'm sure there are a few teams out there that would be willing to pay him that much but I doubt any that he'd be willing to play for. I see Wilson going 3 years $16.0m max.