• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not trying to offend or be a debby d, but seriously why would Shea Weber want to play here? He's got one year at a cup with this current group and since Doug Wilson ruined the future of the team he's going to be stuck in a massive rebuilding process. It's just not gonna happen unless he signed something short which is not gonna happen either.

Lets just get Doan, and then we can all be happy.

Well to be fair, it wouldnt be a MASSIVE rebuilding process if he came here. The D would be pretty set with 3 or 4 guys for awhile depending who was involved in the trade, Weber, Burns, Vlasic, Bruan & Demers... Goalie in set with Niemi/Griess/Stalock - whatever combo you want to go with. Forwards would be the only cluster fuck, again depending on who they gave up. If couture stays, hes the future. Halvet would be here, one of Pavs & Clowe would prob stay. Thornton & Marleau would be here. And if they wanted to add youth, not nessicarily prospects, Thornton & Marleau would get a nice return to fill out the roster... Oh and we have Burish for 4 years lol...

I would call it a massive remodeling, not a rebuilding... Rebuilding you scrap pretty much everything for picks & prospects. SJ doesnt have to do that.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good article on McGinn filing for arbitration if you haven't read it already:

Jamie McGinn elects to take Avalanche to NHL salary arbitration

The line that absolutely disgusts me in this article is this "But he does have a 20-goal season under his belt, and 20 is the new 40 in the NHL today." Its a real shame what over expanding has done to this beautiful sport... Ive always wished the NHL would just fold/disband teams that go into bankrupcy instead of just relocating them, only to go bankrupt again. Or doing this bail out shit... Just get rid of them and increase the talent pool. If i was Bettman, teams like Phx wouldve been disbanded by now...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well to be fair, it wouldnt be a MASSIVE rebuilding process if he came here. The D would be pretty set with 3 or 4 guys for awhile depending who was involved in the trade, Weber, Burns, Vlasic, Bruan & Demers... Goalie in set with Niemi/Griess/Stalock - whatever combo you want to go with. Forwards would be the only cluster fuck, again depending on who they gave up. If couture stays, hes the future. Halvet would be here, one of Pavs & Clowe would prob stay. Thornton & Marleau would be here. And if they wanted to add youth, not nessicarily prospects, Thornton & Marleau would get a nice return to fill out the roster... Oh and we have Burish for 4 years lol...

I would call it a massive remodeling, not a rebuilding... Rebuilding you scrap pretty much everything for picks & prospects. SJ doesnt have to do that.

No doubt. They would actually have some really good pieces in place. Depending on what they have to give up, they may just need to add a forward or 2 to be one of the top contenders.
Really, who is that great in the West?? LA, obviously, since they just won the Cup. Detroit has taken a couple of steps back so far. Nashville already lost Suter, losing Weber drops them even further behind. Vancouver is still good. Minnesota is better with Parise and Suter, but I don't see them as a contender yet. I still like Chicago, but their goaltending is a major issue for them.
I highly doubt any of this will happen either, but I'll dream a little more.....If they could get Nashville to actually take Boyle, along with Clowe, draft picks, etc, they would clear even more cap room to go after a guy like Doan...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The line that absolutely disgusts me in this article is this "But he does have a 20-goal season under his belt, and 20 is the new 40 in the NHL today." Its a real shame what over expanding has done to this beautiful sport... Ive always wished the NHL would just fold/disband teams that go into bankrupcy instead of just relocating them, only to go bankrupt again. Or doing this bail out shit... Just get rid of them and increase the talent pool. If i was Bettman, teams like Phx wouldve been disbanded by now...

Amen!!!! I was listening to Colin Cowherd talk about this on the radio today. Not just the NHL, but all sports. He listed the teams that he would fold in all the major sports.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok maybe it was a little far fetched but this team is going to change a lot with the older folks leaving and youngins taking over. It's going to be a different atmosphere soon and that's basically what I mean by remodeling. We may/may not be contenders but right now for Shea Weber there are plenty of teams that are contenders now that can make room for him. I just don't see San Jose a very attractive place. A year or two ago though, yes.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok maybe it was a little far fetched but this team is going to change a lot with the older folks leaving and youngins taking over. It's going to be a different atmosphere soon and that's basically what I mean by remodeling. We may/may not be contenders but right now for Shea Weber there are plenty of teams that are contenders now that can make room for him. I just don't see San Jose a very attractive place. A year or two ago though, yes.

It all depends how SJ would handle it... Most likely they would handle it in a retarded way though, by gutting for Weber and then doing nothing afterwards. For it to work and work for years to come, like I said SJ would mostly have to trade Thornton & Marleau for say 4 decent young players (2 apiece), not superstars, just guys you know can do the job, after aquiring Weber for the offence to have ANY kind well rounded punch.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think any sport expanded as rapidly as hockey tho and took as big of a drop off in talent. They added 9 g'damn teams in a how many team span? I think baseball added 5? basketball I have no clue but I think its been like 3-4, football I think it around the same (Im going by added since 1990)

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think any sport expanded as rapidly as hockey tho and took as big of a drop off in talent. They added 9 g'damn teams in a how many team span? I think baseball added 5? basketball I have no clue but I think its been like 3-4, football I think it around the same (Im going by added since 1990)

Yeah there were 9 teams over the course of 10 seasons.

91-San Jose
92-Tampa, Ottawa
93-Anaheim, Florida
98-Nashville
99-Atlanta
00-Minnesota, Columbus

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

91-San Jose
92-Tampa, Ottawa
93-Anaheim, Florida
98-Nashville
99-Atlanta
00-Minnesota, Columbus

Thats nuts, it shoulda stopped after SJ, Tampa & Ottawa

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Minnesota shouldnt count they got Winterpigged out of thier team

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope no one helps out VAN by taking on Luongo. Rumor of him being traded.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

91-San Jose
92-Tampa, Ottawa
93-Anaheim, Florida
98-Nashville
99-Atlanta
00-Minnesota, Columbus

Thanks for the reminder of our failure to reach the Big Dance. :lalala:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't forget Ottawa too in 2007 against Teh Quack.

:heh:

Ouch. :(

To be fair, ottawa was San Jose east for awhile, with a much more loaded roster... Man if you look at some of the great players that have passed through that organization, its nuts!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be fair, ottawa was San Jose east for awhile, with a much more loaded roster... Man if you look at some of the great players that have passed through that organization, its nuts!

Yeah thats a pretty legit argument actually lol:ipw:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like Galiardi has re-signed. Try to contain your enthusiasm guys.

TJ Galiardi ‏@TJGaliardi said:
Very happy to be back with the sharks next year, looking forward to a great season with the boys! ‪#redemption‬

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully less than a mill for TJ.