• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: so you say Weber is in Town?

What thd hell is Doug Wilson doing or planning?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:think: so you say Weber is in Town?

What thd hell is Doug Wilson doing or planning?

Poile might be afraid of loosing Weber for nothing after the season and is entertaining offers for him. With Weber being a restricted free agent Wilson can discuss what he's looking for contract wise before deciding weather or not he's going to trade for his rights.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There can't be anything going on can there? If Weber is available, NSH's GM needs to get other GMs involved to get the greatest return.

But if he is available and Doug is talking to him...

Awwwww YEAH!!! For a signed, sealed and delivered Weber (why else would the GM and player be talking)? They should have ordered in.

Pavs
Vlasic
Demers
1st rounder

Or
Couture
Demers
1st

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poile might be afraid of loosing Weber for nothing after the season and is entertaining offers for him. With Weber being a restricted free agent Wilson can discuss what he's looking for contract wise before deciding weather or not he's going to trade for his rights.

Strong possibility. And the one young forward he wants is Couture, so he reaches out to Doug.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF it was him (since I didn't see it first hand) I can't imagine this was more than a preliminary thing to guage Weber's interest in coming to San Jose.

If a trade is made I'd expect Boyle to be headed the other way unless Nashville is on his "No Trade" list.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF it was him (since I didn't see it first hand) I can't imagine this was more than a preliminary thing to guage Weber's interest in coming to San Jose.

If a trade is made I'd expect Boyle to be headed the other way unless Nashville is on his "No Trade" list.

Why would Poile want Boyle from the Sharks? He should go for young stars on cheap contracts. It has to be Couture. Either that or "talk to you when you change your mind, Doug".

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would Poile want Boyle from the Sharks? He should go for young stars on cheap contracts. It has to be Couture. Either that or "talk to you when you change your mind, Doug".

Sorry, I ment Boyle would be part of the package going back not the primary asset going to the Preds. Couture, Boyle, Hertl, and a 1st, something like that. Even if they loose both Weber and Suter I'm sure Poile would like to at least try to keep the team competitive and Boyle would go a long way to doing that.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, I ment Boyle would be part of the package going back not the primary asset going to the Preds. Couture, Boyle, Hertl, and a 1st, something like that. Even if they loose both Weber and Suter I'm sure Poile would like to at least try to keep the team competitive and Boyle would go a long way to doing that.

I think Braun or Demers or both would have to be involved over Hertl plus Boyle, i cant see DWill trading Couture there. Maybe Pavelski and well theres no prospects in woostah lol

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Braun or Demers or both would have to be involved over Hertl plus Boyle, i cant see DWill trading Couture there. Maybe Pavelski and well theres no prospects in woostah lol

Are you thinking something like Boyle, Pavelski, Demers/Braun, and a 1st?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah something along those lines,they need an interm replacement for Suter as well, not to say Braun or Demers are ever going to be that guy but they need atleast a competent top 6 on D if they dealt Weber.

They need forward depth and scoring,especially after Ragyouoff bolted to the KHL again so he can go sexy time party all night and get paid millions.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doug takes that, I hope.

A D corp of Weber, Burns, Vlasic, Braun for the next 6 years can hold things down while they get the forwards in shape.

Weber should test UFA though.

Last edited by a moderator:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this better not be one big shitty joke... there has already been way too much disappointment, I'll cry like a bitch

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Doug is already trading Pavelski for Nash.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure I'm buying some random fan saying he saw Weber with Wilson. Maybe it was Cheechoo and Doug is bringing him back. LOL.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this better not be one big shitty joke... there has already been way too much disappointment, I'll cry like a bitch

Don't get your hopes up. Even if it was him the chances of the Sharks getting him are very slim. This isn't the first time DWil has been spotted around town with a free agent. Fleury, Turco, Kariya to name a few and none of them ended up in San Jose. So many things would have to go right for the Sharks to get him.

1 - Weber would have to want to come to the Sharks.

2 - He's probably looking for a long term front loaded deal like Suter got. Wilson and Co. have already said they won't do those types of contracts so Dougie would have to convince him to sign a more limited term contract.

3 - The Sharks would have to win whats sure to be a major bidding war for his services. Seems unlikely given their lack of prospect depth.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one's for Filo...

Rumor has it several people have spotted Wilson with Shea Weber and his agent around San Jose.

Oh, you're a bad man, Cmon.

popcorn.gif

lol, you both are bastards.

If I were Poile, I wouldn't want young kids, I'd want proven talent that is under contract. The Preds have a great farm system, they need to get guys on the big club who can play. My guess is that Couture wouldn't go anywhere. That said, the Preds need help on Offense and Defense, so it would probably be Pavelski, Vlasic and Braun. That's a lot to pay and it would gut the Sharks already thin depth.

If that gets it done, I'd take it, but I just don't think Boyle will be all that attractive to the Predators. The Red Wings need help on defense and Boyle would thrive there. They could potentially package whatever they get back from Detroit for Boyle.....but then that's a lot of what if's and unlikely scenarios coming in to play.

Don't get your hopes up. Even if it was him the chances of the Sharks getting him are very slim. This isn't the first time DWil has been spotted around town with a free agent. Fleury, Turco, Kariya to name a few and none of them ended up in San Jose. So many things would have to go right for the Sharks to get him.

1 - Weber would have to want to come to the Sharks.

2 - He's probably looking for a long term front loaded deal like Suter got. Wilson and Co. have already said they won't do those types of contracts so Dougie would have to convince him to sign a more limited term contract.

3 - The Sharks would have to win whats sure to be a major bidding war for his services. Seems unlikely given their lack of prospect depth.

This ^. The Sharks and Predators don't make good trading partners unless the Sharks sell the farm for Weber. The Preds are set in goal and that's the Sharks biggest and best bargaining chip. The Sharks (per Hockey's Future) is the 30th ranked farm team.....add into this that the Sharks don't like to front-load contracts and this deal just doesn't have much chance in hell. :(

I'm guessing that Kork is right and that Weber's agent represents one of this years FA's. Cmon, do you know of anybody else who Weber's agent represents?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol, you both are bastards.

If I were Poile, I wouldn't want young kids, I'd want proven talent that is under contract. The Preds have a great farm system, they need to get guys on the big club who can play. My guess is that Couture wouldn't go anywhere. That said, the Preds need help on Offense and Defense, so it would probably be Pavelski, Vlasic and Braun. That's a lot to pay and it would gut the Sharks already thin depth.

If that gets it done, I'd take it, but I just don't think Boyle will be all that attractive to the Predators. The Red Wings need help on defense and Boyle would thrive there. They could potentially package whatever they get back from Detroit for Boyle.....but then that's a lot of what if's and unlikely scenarios coming in to play.

This ^. The Sharks and Predators don't make good trading partners unless the Sharks sell the farm for Weber. The Preds are set in goal and that's the Sharks biggest and best bargaining chip. The Sharks (per Hockey's Future) is the 30th ranked farm team.....add into this that the Sharks don't like to front-load contracts and this deal just doesn't have much chance in hell. :(

I'm guessing that Kork is right and that Weber's agent represents one of this years FA's. Cmon, do you know of anybody else who Weber's agent represents?

No one else on the Sharks is represented by Titan Sports Mgmt.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one else on the Sharks is represented by Titan Sports Mgmt.

Korky was thinking one of the Sharks. I was thinking maybe one of the FA's currently on the market.